Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

4 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Wow what an idiot.

I noticed Slater who covers the Cowboys is doubling down on the story.  PFT is challenging it. 

If it's true, i am guessing its driven by the idea that Mahomes might get 40 million a year as some guess when he hits FA.  If so Dak, maybe wants to beat him to the punch.  To me Dak is just a little better than a game manager.   

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I noticed Slater who covers the Cowboys is doubling down on the story.  PFT is challenging it. 

If it's true, i am guessing its driven by the idea that Mahomes might get 40 million a year as some guess when he hits FA.  If so Dak, maybe wants to beat him to the punch.  To me Dak is just a little better than a game manager.   

Yeah Dak is like a younger Alex Smith, they would be much better off allocating that money elsewhere and taking a couple of shots in the draft.

3 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Yeah Dak is like a younger Alex Smith, they would be much better off allocating that money elsewhere and taking a couple of shots in the draft.

Yep.  Among other things. he's never thrown for 4000 yards plus.  Ironically his career best season is almost identical to Case Keenum's career year in Minny. 

I think if the Elliot holdout carries into the season, they are screwed.  I am normally a QB over a RB guy by a mile.  But to me Elliot is an elite back and Dak is just a slightly above average QB.  

On 8/10/2019 at 3:52 PM, desertbeagle85 said:

No not really ever since Snyder bought this team they've been trash. Trading Trent for nothing would just add to the pile. 

Wouldn't trading him away for garbage just be the most consistent outcome of what we've grown to expect?

I'm trying not to be negative, but also realistic. IMHO Bruce will get a bruised ego, blame the player/his agent, then celebrate his 'B' plan because it's 'better than nothing'. 

15 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Teams are going to start taking QBs earlier and earlier. Same with RBs in the draft expecting these guys to price themselves out of their cap space. Then you'll have an oversaturated FA market and the costs of these guys will go down while screaming collusion the whole time. 

How can teams possibly start taking QBs earlier? QBs have been the #1 overall pick in 7 of the past 10 years. It's a position that gets constantly reached for in each draft, largely because of the costs associated with having or not having a good one (cap charge vs. no playoffs). 

The salary cap is based on a percentage of NFL revenues. When sports betting money starts flowing into that pot of money the salary cap will continue to grow. I don't see this over-saturation you speak of happening any time soon. 

Just now, Veryoldschool said:

I've only seen Dak Prescott play 5-6 times but he has always seemed like more of a project than a special player.  Him asking for 40M seems bizarre to me.

Dak Prescott has already played 3 year in the league and 3 years as a starter...

If after 3 years he's still a project, that's a problem.

Hopefully that's Jerruh's problem and I'm all for it for them to pay him $40M and whatever Elliott wants, they'll have 50% of their cap space tied onto 2 guys :P

21 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Dak Prescott has already played 3 year in the league and 3 years as a starter...

Hopefully that's Jerruh's problem and I'm all for it for them to pay him $40M and whatever Elliott wants, they'll have 50% of their cap space tied onto 2 guys :P

Catching up on the reports, one reporter said Dak asked for 34 million and Dallas counter offered with 30.  If that's the case its still crazy and am loving it.    Ross Tucker thinks its posturing by the agent where he asks for 40 million but they then meet in the middle.  Another reporter said (to me this makes sense and I thought it before I read it) this is Jerry Jones leaking it to make Dak look unreasonable so the heat heads Dak's way as opposed to the Cowboys FO. 

12 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I don't know if Prescott is a project or not I'm just saying he always looked pretty raw and a work in progress to me but I've only seen him 5 or 6 times.  All the same, he never looked like the next guy to set the bar for the biggest QB salary in the NFL but I think he should hold out and play golf with Trent this fall.

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait how did this turn into a dak Prescott thread....? He’s not Trent Williams 😂😂😂

Some comic relief at the expense of the Cowboys FO.   Our own FO has been comic relief for other teams in the NFL East.   So some fun retribution.😀

Now back to Trent:  Please Texans listen to Peter King.  If they are willing to deal a 3rd for a RB, why not a first for a LT?

1 hour ago, Unbias said:

How can teams possibly start taking QBs earlier? QBs have been the #1 overall pick in 7 of the past 10 years. It's a position that gets constantly reached for in each draft, largely because of the costs associated with having or not having a good one (cap charge vs. no playoffs). 

The salary cap is based on a percentage of NFL revenues. When sports betting money starts flowing into that pot of money the salary cap will continue to grow. I don't see this over-saturation you speak of happening any time soon. 

I mean that a team with an established QB will continue to draft them at their spot in the first 3 rounds as a backup plan for guys they can't afford. 

If cap goes up, contract demands will as well... As it should. 

I say they need to show Dak some love. They really low-balled him with 30m. Dak was being too modest looking for 40. Dallas should offer fifty plus contract guarantees that they will not draft a qb in the first five rounds of the draft while he is under contract.

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I say they need to show Dak some love. They really low-balled him with 30m. Dak was being too modest looking for 40. Dallas should offer fifty plus contract guarantees that they will not draft a qb in the first five rounds of the draft while he is under contract.

In 2 years $50M a yr will be seen as a bargain...someone needs to tell them that.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

In 2 years $50M a yr will be seen as a bargain...someone needs to tell them that.

I'm with you. IN today's NFL no player is as important as the quarterback. Therefore, a foreward looking team would lock up their quarterback for the rest of their career. The smartest salary allocation would be 52 players at Vet min plus incentives. Dak Prescott at 120m/year.

Archived