Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

19 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I love this aspect--it's why people go on MLB ballpark tours more than NFL stadium tours. #1 place I want to see is Oracle Park.

Yes, its a beautiful park, as well as almost guaranteed to be great weather. Great neighborhood and lots to do around the area, as well, so you wouldn't need to go for just the game.  

I would like to go to more MLB parks.  I realized I've only been to 5 (Baltimore, SF, Oakland, DC, Atlanta).   I was in Chicago one time and the Cubs were in town and I wanted to see Wrigley, but my stick in the mud family wasn't going for it. 

On another note, I hope the suck ass Braves with their 85 or whatever wins get swept.  I hate teams getting a free pass  in the postseason because their champions of a crap division.  

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I was in Chicago one time and the Cubs were in town and I wanted to see Wrigley, but my stick in the mud family wasn't going for it.

I was in Chicago circa 2003, during their run with Prior and Wood. I made damned sure to get to Wrigley--it was amazing. Seeing the outfield wall in person gave me goosebumps.

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

They do.

they don’t if the same hit is a home run in 15 parks, a fly out in 8 and a double in 3 more. 

If Mahomes throws the ball from

the 50 yard line at arrowhead and it’s caught for a touchdown, that’s the same result in every stadium. He doesn’t play in Denver and that same pass isn’t a TD because Denver’s field is actually 140 yards long meaning it only made it to the 10. 

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

they don’t if the same hit is a home run in 15 parks, a fly out in 8 and a double in 3 more. 

If Mahomes throws the ball from

the 50 yard line at arrowhead and it’s caught for a touchdown, that’s the same result in every stadium. He doesn’t play in Denver and that same pass isn’t a TD because Denver’s field is actually 140 yards long meaning it only made it to the 10. 

They're different sports. The individual stadium sizes makes baseball special. It appeals to many people--it's why more people do MLB stadium tours over NFL stadiums. The differences in MLB are much greater and therefore more interesting. Agree to disagree on this.

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Balls hit with the same angle and exit velocity would still have different outcomes, even if the parks were the same dimensions. 

318 in right at Yankee Stadium plays like 300.

318 to right in OPACY plays 340 with the wall and wind tunnel effect from the street and warehouse. Drop the wall and it still plays longer than 318. 

So I don't know how that would work and it certainly wouldn't make sense like it does in basketball, football and hockey. Football has field conditions, weather, lighting. NHL has differences in how the boards bounce and ice quality.

NBA is pretty uniform, though. But nobody has ever been like, "Man, i need to get to as many bland corporate NBA arenas as possible."  

• Thanks 1

hoping this postseason gives enough push for re-seeding going forward. LA/SF is basically the world series and by far the most compelling series, but its the NLDS.. yikes. on the other hand, i know there are some braves fans in here, but that series has zero appeal

• Thumb up 1

I think baseball should require dome stadiums everywhere with the exact same dimensions along with creating atmospheric conditions to simulate them all being at the same altitude. They should also require every player to swing the exact same way and all pitchers to throw the same 4 pitches. 

Is a conversation like that really taking place about baseball stadiums? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

And they’ll likely be WS contenders for the next 10,20,30, etc years with their spending.  Probably going after Soto next.  

The Trevor Bauer fiasco would have crippled most franchises.  It's merely a speed bump financially for LA. 

Y'all look for me tonight in SF for Game 1 of the World Series NLDS.. I'll be behind the visitor's bullpen in center field. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

The Trevor Bauer fiasco would have crippled most franchises.  It's merely a speed bump financially for LA. 

Y'all look for me tonight in SF for Game 1 of the World Series NLDS.. I'll be behind the visitor's bullpen in center field. 

They're paying more in luxury tax fees than they're paying Corey Seager.

I love Max and Trea...but I just cannot pull myself to root for the Dodgers. I've tried, so I was glad to see your boys triumph. I also love seeing Oracle Park packed like that--they're some fun fans to watch.

• Like 1