Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

3 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Do not agree. Sure, he's had some injuries, but he can still play in this game at a high level. I know it won't happen but doesn't mean we shouldnt kick the tires. He'll end up with someone like the Pats.

Does not sound like the Giants will tag Collins...

I agree he can still play at a high level but not at a 12-15 million dollar a year level. He's better off on a team already a serious contender like New Orleans because teams not close will not reap the benefits by the time they are.

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

IF Allen will spend the money on him, I hope and IF we are not outbid.

I think this is what we are waiting for, all moves on hold until we know if Collins is free. We'll have cap allocated for him and other plans if he is tagged. I really believe his availability dictates a few of our subsequent moves. Perhaps I'm being optimistic, but that's what I think. 

Collins hits FA, we will have AP re-signed, Scherff extended and perhaps a trade agreed for Rosen in no time. 

Just waiting for the first domino to fall.

4 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I disagree and I’ll say it again, we were 6-3, two games up in the division before Smiths injury. We will most likely have a better roster with more experience this year, and hopefully less injuries. 

Glass is half full...

There's no way to put a like and a thanksso I put a like and thanking you

41 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think this is what we are waiting for, all moves on hold until we know if Collins is free. We'll have cap allocated for him and other plans if he is tagged. I really believe his availability dictates a few of our subsequent moves. Perhaps I'm being optimistic, but that's what I think. 

I'd love Collins.  Keim didn't give the impression that he'd be their type of FA signing in his write up about what he thinks their approach would be.  He seemed to paint a picture that it would be the usual bargain basement types.  Russell just said ditto on air.  Hopefully they are both wrong.  But I am not living and dying with FA this year unless they have something interesting cooking at QB. 

It would be sweet to get Collins in the Burgundy & Gold just to watch him level OBJ a couple of times a year. You know everybody on that team probably wants to. FA is gonna be interesting for sure. I am old enough to remember when some folks were all up in arms over not signing Hankins. Just sayin. As for this team not being anywhere near a contender, I don't get it we were rolling last year, it was a little ugly from time to time but with Sheriff and Smith going down in back to back weeks we just couldn't overcome it. Not to mention the subsequent QB fiasco of McCoy, DirtySanchez, and JJ. I would say that if we can get competence and durability out of QB and a little more help at WR & OL we can win more than we lose this year.

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim didn't give the impression that he'd be their type of FA signing in his write up about what he thinks their approach would be.  He seemed to paint a picture that it would be the usual bargain basement types.  Russell just said ditto on air.  Hopefully they are both wrong.

I hope they are wrong too. There stance doesn't make sense in my opinion.

For me he ticks every box of exactly the type of FA signing we would go for.

15 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I hope they are wrong too. There stance doesn't make sense in my opinion.

For me he ticks every box of exactly the type of FA signing we would go for.

Pretty rare for them to go for the top ranked player at a position in FA.  The typically go third tier, on occasion 2nd tier and rare occasion 1st tier like Norman.  i can just envision Bruce going now behind the scenes look Dan we can get JJ Wilcox AND James Carpenter and fix two positions with 4 million to spare as opposed to Collins!    I agree with Sheehan's favorite line about Bruce which is he's a master at signing average to below average FA players at a bargain.  

Though two things that might help here are this:  I bet Dan/Bruce would love to stick it to the Giants.  And if they want to go nuts with the Alabama defense this would ratchet it up even more -- so I don't rule it out.  The politics so to speak for drafting Collins I think would be delicious for them.  So they might make an exception.

Personally, I love him as a player, though more as an in box type -- SS.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Collins hits FA, we will have AP re-signed, Scherff extended and perhaps a trade agreed for Rosen in no time. 

Just waiting for the first domino to fall.

Could be 74. :)  Let's see what happens after 4pm today.  Sounds like things are heating up with the trade for Rosen.  I really want the Skins to land him instead of giving up a ton of draft picks for Murray and believe that Murray is the #1 pick this year.

Just now, SemperFi Skins said:

Dan Graziano has the Colts as the favorites to land Landon Collins...

They have over $100 mill to spend in FA.  Our advantage is that Collins loved our #21 and will he want to come to DC because of that and he could also play the Giants 2 x a year.  

17 minutes ago, RWJ said:

They have over $100 mill to spend in FA.  Our advantage is that Collins loved our #21 and will he want to come to DC because of that and he could also play the Giants 2 x a year.  

This is a huge advantage...let's just hope Landon Collins never visits this site...prob think twice of how he loved the Redskins.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd love Collins.  Keim didn't give the impression that he'd be their type of FA signing in his write up about what he thinks their approach would be.  He seemed to paint a picture that it would be the usual bargain basement types.  Russell just said ditto on air.  Hopefully they are both wrong.  But I am not living and dying with FA this year unless they have something interesting cooking at QB. 

Bruce said they'd pay big for a blue chip player so Collins could be in play.  However when they've signed those guys (DJax and Norman) they came available late in the FA game after most other teams had already blown through their spending budget.  Norman was released in April and DJax in May.  Would they have been players for those guys if they had been on the market when free agency began?  Probably not.  So I can see why Keim and Russell don't think the Skins will get Collins.  

Just now, drowland said:

Bruce said they'd pay big for a blue chip player so Collins could be in play.  However when they've signed those guys (DJax and Norman) they came available late in the FA game after most other teams had already blown through their spending budget.  Norman was released in April and DJax in May.  Would they have been players for those guys if they had been on the market when free agency began?  Probably not.  So I can see why Keim and Russell don't think the Skins will get Collins.  

Typically you don't want to be the one to set the market in free agency. It will almost never be a bargain. When all is said and done, you have to wonder which S will set the market this year. Earl Thomas, for instance, may not sign until he sees what the others are getting. Same for Mathieu. 

35 minutes ago, RWJ said:

They will be the favorites to land every high priced defensive free agent :rofl89:

13 minutes ago, drowland said:

I don't think he said pay big.  But to your point, I agree on rare occasion they are willing to pay for a blue chipper.  Collins would fit that bill with some bonuses to it -- Roll Tide and also hurt the Giants. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/03/01/redskins-didnt-pursue-joe-flacco-will-meet-with-every-qb-combine-says-bruce-allen/?utm_term=.9ac4d8fd1087

"We rate the player, and then we put a value on that player’s talent. So we might find something at another position, a blue-chip player comes available, we will pay for that. We try to pay for the value no matter what the position is.”

But the way the Redskins typically roll in FA was summed up well by this quote,  I think they are willing to kick the tires on anything but they prefer the bargain basement drill in action -- at least most of the time.

https://washington.cbslocal.com/2018/01/24/jay-gruden-redskins-wanted-calais-campbell-in-2017/

“Like we addressed our defensive line, we tried to get Calais Campbell last year, but we ended up getting Stacy McGee and… Who was the other one?” Gruden said, reaching for McClain’s name. “Oh, yeah. McClain. So we got two guys for basically the price of one, or three for the price of one, so there’s other ways to attack it.”

Archived