Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Just now, panahoo said:

Do folks not read the thread before posting? Easy to ooen cap space by extending Scherff. Cut/trade Brown, M Foster and restructuring any number of contracts.

Only problem is that if we wait until June 1st to cut Brown we save quite a bit more.  I think the Scherff extension comes soon but we hit the bargain bin after June 1.

Never a good idea to comment on contract terms when all you have is the frame, I.e. X dollars for Y years and N in guarantees. These things are really tough to decipher unless you know the structure. He’s a good player. We’ll see how the terms shake out.

Just now, Poindexter said:

Only problem is that if we wait until June 1st to cut Brown we save quite a bit more.  I think the Scherff extension comes soon but we hit the bargain bin after June 1.

And after June 1, that is a good thing. Most then are camp fodder anyways.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Wild how that part gets overlooked after months of "Why would any player want to sign with this dumpster fire of an organization" posts lol...

Players will go where they can get paid. Even the worst NFL team is still an NFL team. And Washington D.C. ain't bumville Iowa...

1 hour ago, Art said:

No team can lose 24 players, including their starting QB and be any good.  None.   Yes, if not for injuries at the level we had we win the division last year

It’s a stretch to say we would have won the division. Smith was awful and our style of play was not sustainable, lucking into a few ugly as hell wins doesn’t really change that. 

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Every single guy in here trashing the Collins deal was all in on $85M guaranteed for “that other guy” this time last year.

Quit clowning yourselves.

Also, Foles 4yr/88M w/50 guaranteed.  Just sayin....

Yeah, but to be fair, Foles has never won a playoff ga.....

Well, what I meant was you can't win a Super Bowl with Fo....

Uh, I meant...

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Big difference in value from QBs to Safeties 

Don’t pretend you don’t understand the gist of my post, because you do,  I wasn’t attempting to to compare those two salary structures.  I was pointing out what a toxic, petulant fan base we have.

Btw, Vikings making any moves today?😂

It’s a stretch to say we would have won the division. Smith was awful and our style of play was not sustainable, lucking into a few ugly as hell wins doesn’t really change that. 

Not sure all of this is true.   Yes, I agree, our style of play with Smith is VERY tight and close to the vest and leaves minimal room for error and I believe with him we'll always be top end limited unless we expand a bit.   That said, it's not really true we "lucked" in to wins with him.   We beat the Cardinals by 18.   We beat the Packers by a super comfy 14.   The Panthers was pretty close.   We held on against the Cowboys, but had that one pretty firm.   We won comfortably against the Giants and the Bucs in games really never in doubt.

In fact, with Smith, we were winning pretty significantly.    We also got throttled three times.   So you and I can agree our top end is not at the top.   But there was nothing lucky about how we were winning.   We were winning how the team was built to win and with Smith that team would have maintained that.   But without Smith, and 23 others, we were toast.    AS ANY TEAM WOULD BE.   I've made this in this thread already, but again, if our offensive line starts every game together, as they did when Cousins took us to the playoffs, we'll be in the playoffs THIS year with either Colt or Keenam, BARRING 24 injuries that otherwise leave us entirely incapable anywhere else I suppose.   No, screw that, if the offensive line doesn't miss a snap we are guaranteed the playoffs.

Watch the Rams next year if they have two injuries on their line and they are .500.    

He’s talking about the city not the franchise. The franchise is a dumpster fire and FAs know that but many won’t turn down great money to play in a good city. 

So then saying "No player would want to sign with this dumpster fire of an organization" holds absolutely no merit. Good to know.

He’s talking about the city not the franchise. The franchise is a dumpster fire and FAs know that but many won’t turn down great money to play in a good city. 

The franchise is .500 over the last 4 years.  Not a dumpster fire.

The fan base, however, is a dumpster fire and the owner is a dolt.  But we’re still better off than the Vikings.

Just now, Califan007 said:

So then saying "No player would want to sign with this dumpster fire of an organization" holds absolutely no merit. Good to know.

I don’t think the saying was ever Intended to mean we could never sign a free agent. Players chasing money will come here. Smart players that want to win stay clear of this team and treat it like the plague it is 

Collins is a very good safety and an immediate upgrade (even if Swearinger was still here, Collins is just that much better). 

I also would say without getting the details it's tough to fully judge, but $88M over 6 years is a lot of money. I'm sure there's roster bonuses as opposed to signing bonuses and some offset language, but just on those numbers alone it's a lot of money especially considering it's a very deep free agency group along with a fairly deep draft position. Personally I'll be curious to see what Adrian Amos goes for. He's not as good as Collins, but he's younger and has played well from his first snaps in the NFL. 

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t think the saying was ever Intended to mean we could never sign a free agent. Players chasing money will come here. Smart players that want to win stay clear of this team and treat it like the plague it is 

"...many won’t turn down great money to play in a good city. "

So that means there aren't many smart players in the NFL. Also good to know.

Apparently it also means Collins is not a smart player. Not good to know lol...

Archived