Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brett Rypien. Opinions?

SprintBomb

1 hour ago, VABlitz said:

How good is he at headbutting walls? Or is he smart enough to avoid them?

That would be Brett Frerotte. 

Brett Rypien would be throwing sprint bomb against the Giants after holding out of camp.

Will grier reminds me a lot of Rypien... (Mark Rypien) or Somethig like a cross between Brunnel and Cousins.  He does throw an occasional pick, but has good mobility, and reeds the field pretty well.  Most of the INTs I saw this season, were not his fault (off receivers hands)

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What was it that people were predicting for him ?

Mid to late rounder ?

Wasn't even drafted.

It's not exactly shocking when a mid to late rounder doesn't get drafted, it happens to many players every year.

20 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Mid to late rounder ?

Wasn't even drafted.

In my defense I never predicted a draft round... just implied that anything 3rd round of higher would be ill advised.

Believe me, I was among the minority in the Boise fans / media who WASN'T shocked he went un drafted. Whenever it came up for discussion in the break room or bar stool I always had to remind folks that you can't throw INTs 30% of your career tosses (also 25 fumbles/ 12 lost) and not be a draft bottom feeder. Those turnover numbers would probably be even worse had he not shared snaps with Montell Cozart in 2017. For the record, the 1 year Cozart played for Boise St his TD/INT was 10-1.

I didn't even think we should have drafted a QB in the early rounds this year but 1 fell to us so whatever, hope he's prepped correctly.

On 5/13/2019 at 3:19 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Mid to late rounder ?

Wasn't even drafted.

On 1/21/2019 at 9:55 AM, Wyndorf25 said:

I'd be interested if he falls to the 3rd-4th round, mostly because I just don't want the Redskins to chase a QB in the 1st round this year. I would rather use this draft to bolster the other areas of need (safety, WR, Guard, Edge rusher, etc.), ride with either Colt or some cheap FA QB and probably suck in 2019 as a result, then draft the QB of the future in 2020 with a higher draft pick.

I dunno. I'll admit, I'm having a tough time caring anymore though. I just can't even with this organization anymore. Dan Snyder is the polar opposite of King Midas. Anything he touches turns to crap. If in an alternate universe, the Redskins had Mahomes, I'm pretty certain he would suck.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:28 AM, Thirtyfive2seven said:

The Redskins will find a way to botch this.  Some other team with a good scouting department and GM will identify a QB and draft him and likely with 1-3 picks prior to the Redskins in either the 2nd or 3rd round.  Sorry, but I just do not have any confidence in this team.  Will they draft Rypien? Probably, but only due to his name and ties to the organization.  Will he be available in the 3rd? Absolutely.  I'm guessing 6-7 rd pick for some team.

Some of the posts suggested much higher rounds, but I still think 5th-7th was the most likely. The fact he went undrafted is not super shocking given the difference between 7th rounder and not drafted is pretty negligible. But obviously a disappointment. Signing with Denver seems like an odd choice, but I suppose not terrible either as Flacco is not long for that team

Archived