Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2020 The Non Presidential Edition

Cooked Crack

Denver Riggleman, who narrowly won his House seat in 2018 and who is one of the very few GOPers that I don't think is a miserable **** (the man owns a distillery*), has been disowned by his district's GOP committee because he officiated a gay wedding between 2 of his campaign staffers.  

This probably puts his district up for grabs.  

https://www.roanoke.com/news/politics/blue-ridge-caucus-local-gop-committee-passes-motion-of-no/article_e2567afe-b26e-11e9-bd15-535e61fc0cf2.html

A local Republican committee passed a motion of no confidence in Rep. Denver Riggleman on Monday night because he officiated a same-sex marriage.

The Cumberland County Republican Committee was chaired by Diana Shores, who was involved in a failed effort on Saturday to have Riggleman, R-Nelson, censured for similar reasons.

"I make this motion of no confidence in Congressman Denver Riggleman for his recent act in officiating a homosexual marriage and his lack of support for stronger border security and immigration policies," the motion read.

Shores said the motion passed unanimously. She wouldn't say how many people voted for the motion, saying she didn't "think the number really matters."

Riggleman was elected to Congress last year. Shores backed one of his opponents, Cynthia Dunbar, a religious conservative who sought the Republican nomination twice last year for two different seats in the U.S. House of Representatives.

*He was also the guy that was memorably accused of being a fan of" bigfoot erotica," but hey, he owns a distillery so I'm willing to look past that. :)

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

The Republican Candidate for NY 11th district peed into his own mouth on live feed once. 

Anyways, totally normal party of sane people. 

You lyin lol

*edit I didnt even know Hurd was black! 

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I would think that the real question is, is there a chance in Dallas that the Ds might win enough power at the state level to prevent ten more years of R gerrymandering the state?  

That would have a huge impact on the state.  

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

I would think that the real question is, is there a chance in Dallas that the Ds might win enough power at the state level to prevent ten more years of R gerrymandering the state?  

That would have a huge impact on the state.  

These things tend to self-reinforce.  If several relatively popular R House members bail and are replaced by amateurs that can't generate turnout in their district, that will depress turnout in their election, but also down ballot in their district.  And also in statewide races (if only there were someone who could juice Dem turnout statewide to put the Senate election in play and also increase turnout in the other elections....hmmm). 

On 7/31/2019 at 5:15 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Denver Riggleman, who narrowly won his House seat in 2018 and who is one of the very few GOPers that I don't think is a miserable **** (the man owns a distillery*), has been disowned by his district's GOP committee because he officiated a gay wedding between 2 of his campaign staffers.  

This probably puts his district up for grabs.  

https://www.roanoke.com/news/politics/blue-ridge-caucus-local-gop-committee-passes-motion-of-no/article_e2567afe-b26e-11e9-bd15-535e61fc0cf2.html

*He was also the guy that was memorably accused of being a fan of" bigfoot erotica," but hey, he owns a distillery so I'm willing to look past that. :)

This is my district (and county, his distillery is about 15min from my house). He talked a good game with Trumpism but I never got the impression he was a true believer. He’s got no political background other than randomly trying to run for Governor and then being gifted the congressional nomination. 

The district is probably too red for a Dem to win though. 

Archived