Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

I really don't think this is our year in terms of a serious pennant push on account of the bullpen and our awful manager, but the core of this team is very talented and legitimately enjoys playing baseball together. I could see them eventually having a magical season together that finally brings a championship to Washington baseball. 

Annnnnd Doolittle isn't ready to come in and is rushing to get ready....

Doolittle hasn't pitched in like 5 days. This was his spot in the 9th. 6 out save, or as long as he could go.

Now. Game over.

Edited by CRobi21

2 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Annnnnd Doolittle isn't ready to come in and is rushing to get ready....

davey martinez.....baseball genius

this team wins in spite of that man, he's just along for the ride

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Thanks 1

Davey needs to be fired. Let a 42 year old go out for 2nd inning without having an arm warm, let him walk the lead off guy without a mound visit, let him pitch to Freeman, then pull in a left hander to play 2B, AND NEVER REPLACED THE ****ING PITCHER. 

This after pulling a starter at 66 pitchers through 6 in a game you were WINNING. 

Dumbledorf is a ****ing moron. Worst coach in DC. That includes Scott Brooks and Jay Gruden. 

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 2

I'm back to being checked out of this season. Yeah the Nats might lock up a wildcard spot, but a lobomized chimp would out-manage Davey Martinez in the postseason. Two out of three games thrown away because dumb**** made a horrible decision at the end of the game. I can't believe how incompetent this man is.

Not bringing our star closer in against Acuna and Freeman is somehow still less dumb than pulling the starter after 66 pitches with a major series coming up because it's the 7th inning and that's usually when relievers come in. Holy **** that was a new level of stupid for him.

But hey, this is what happens when ownership tries to pay managers in circus peanuts. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bacon said:

But hey, this is what happens when ownership tries to pay managers in circus peanuts. 

Davey's bullpen management is awful,  but this is not true. Davey's salary is commensurate with other 1st time managers. He actually makes more than Alex Cora.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Davey's bullpen management is awful,  but this is not true. Davey's salary is commensurate with other 1st time managers. He actually makes more than Alex Cora.

Honestly, I don't love the idea of a team this inexperienced at its core being managed by a first-timer. The low-balling of managers (and players) by our ownership is documented and I absolutely think the team deserves better and could have better today if the Lerners valued the role as they should. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Honestly, I don't love the idea of a team this inexperienced at its core being managed by a first-timer. The low-balling of managers (and players) by our ownership is documented and I absolutely think the team deserves better and could have better today if the Lerners valued the role as they should. 

Dusty was top-10 in salary

They offered Rendon approx $180m.