Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Yea.  I’m watching the ALCS because 1.) Playoff baseball is awesome 2.) The Nats might play in the World Series 3.) HOWEVER, I learned many years ago to be careful what you wish for!  First of all, this series vs St Louis is not over yet.  Not by a long shot!  Yes, we are halfway to the WS but also halfway to California is still a long way to drive!  Also, I am not thinking about rooting for either Yankees or Astros at all.  Also not rooting for a long extended series that will wear them down, all the while Nats hopefully sweep so they get rest because also I realize that time away can also cool a red hot team off!  Just deal with each day, one at a time, just go 1-0 today.  Davey Martinez is absolutely right.

• Like 4

I don't have a good feeling about game 3, but I've learned that this means absolutely nothing because I'm a pessimist by nature and default to planting emotional hedges all over the place. 

If Stras has an amazing start and we bury the Cardinals' offense three games in a row, it might break them. Talk about demoralizing. This is what we should be aiming for. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

I don't have a good feeling about game 3, but I've learned that this means absolutely nothing because I'm a pessimist by nature and default to planting emotional hedges all over the place. 

If Stras has an amazing start and we bury the Cardinals' offense three games in a row, it might break them. Talk about demoralizing. This is what we should be aiming for. 

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the Birds tonight. Should be a rubber match between Flaherty and Strasburg but with it being October, the script will surely be flipped. And though I know it's a meme, I just got that hunch we'll see an appearance from #DevilMagic - if not tonight then tomorrow.

I would be shocked if the Cardinals got swept. This is far from over.  

Anyone seen those dugout hoodies in any stores?  I went to dicks in Columbia today and they don't have em.  Called the one in Gaithersburg and they don't have em.  I don't think Dicks carry's them.

I went to Modells in Arrundel Mills and they had a few in red but I'm interested more in the gray one, but may end up with a red one.  I don't think they had my size anyways.  Went to the one in Greenbelt on way home and they don't have any either and said Bethesda had em so I called them and they don't have any either.  They said to call tonight cause they might be getting more this evening.

Was wondering if anyone saw any in stock anywhere.  Wanted to get one before I go to the game tomorrow if possible.  I am going back/forth between red and gray ones because I have a red NIntendo hoodie already that I just got so not sure if I want two solid red hoodies. 

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Anyone seen those dugout hoodies in any stores?  I went to dicks in Columbia today and they don't have em.  Called the one in Gaithersburg and they don't have em.  I don't think Dicks carry's them.

I went to Modells in Arrundel Mills and they had a few in red but I'm interested more in the gray one, but may end up with a red one.  I don't think they had my size anyways.  Went to the one in Greenbelt on way home and they don't have any either and said Bethesda had em so I called them and they don't have any either.  They said to call tonight cause they might be getting more this evening.

Was wondering if anyone saw any in stock anywhere.  Wanted to get one before I go to the game tomorrow if possible.  I am going back/forth between red and gray ones because I have a red NIntendo hoodie already that I just got so not sure if I want two solid red hoodies. 

ya nats gear is sold out everywhere.. i ordered a bunch of stuff, including that red hoodie right after they beat LA. it was supposed to ship the day after, but ive gotten 2 emails now saying they dont know when its going to ship. I tried to order a jersey too but they were all sold out everywhere

21 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

ya nats gear is sold out everywhere.. i ordered a bunch of stuff, including that red hoodie right after they beat LA. it was supposed to ship the day after, but ive gotten 2 emails now saying they dont know when its going to ship. I tried to order a jersey too but they were all sold out everywhere

Those red hoodies are really sick.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Hmmmmm, there's a Modell's in Germantown. I might check there. They dont see a ton of traffic either, save for football stuff mostly. It's off of Frederick rd/355

If you find out let me know.  I'm going to give them a call this evening as well.  Didn't realize there was one up there.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Cards fans are pissed that Fowler is still leading off. Their outfield could definitely be more skilled defensively while Shildt sells out entirely for offense (and I can't blame him). 

Aim for right field. 

Career .259 OBP in postseason for his career.  ****, I’d be pissed too.

57 minutes ago, purbeast said:

If you find out let me know.  I'm going to give them a call this evening as well.  Didn't realize there was one up there.

They're out too :( . Went by there after work. They said they should have another shipment in by Wednesday, Friday at the very latest.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They're out too :( . Went by there after work. They said they should have another shipment in by Wednesday, Friday at the very latest.

Bethesda store didn't get a shipment in today, just called.

13 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Call & see if the team store in the stadium carries them.  I would think they’d have plenty of stock.

Yeah I may do that.  The only risk is that if they do have them, then I go down there and go to buy one, and when I get there they are out, then I'm going to be screwed because I'm not wearing another hoodie down there and it's going to be chilly tomorrow night.  

Anyone know what time the store opens?  I'm going to get down there hopefully around 5:45 or 6 but was going to go to a bar first.  Maybe I could run into the stadium before and get it, then go meet up my homies.

3 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

STL has Martinez in the starting lineup tonight. In RF.

No-hitter breakup artist. Supposed to be terrible in the field though.

Yeah, that's the story on him.  Really good hitter but an abomination in the field.  Should probably be a DH for an American League team.

Edited to add, I looked him up on ESPN.  Admittedly my understanding of how DWAR is calculated is non-existent.  He's a negative DWAR player but the raw stats don't look that bad.

Edited by Forehead

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm gonna be literally harassing those Modells folks for that hoodie. I am relentless. 

Haha I am with you.  

And the fact that I can't find it now anywhere, making it more of a challenge, makes me want it even more.

Damnit.

I just want to rock it tomorrow at the park.  Arrundel Mills had some of the red ones.  But that was the first store I checked so I assumed they all had em, but I wanted to see the gray one before deciding which one I get.  The few red ones they had looked too small for me anyways, and they looked beat up like all wrinkled and ****.  I may go there again tomorrow morning and see if they got another stock, or just call before I go.