Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Too aggressive.  Cant swing at that on 2-1, based loaded

It was 76, right in the middle of the plate. That curve was way too high, should have been punished. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

Just now, Forehead said:

You all know we'd hate Soto for the crotch grabbing routine if he wasn't on the Nats :)

I'll say it again, I love the kid, but he's lucky he isn't playing against Clemens, Nolan Ryan, RandyJohnson, or pitchers from earlier generations than that.

they lucky they ain't pitching the young prodigy

• Like 4

Just now, Forehead said:

You all know we'd hate Soto for the crotch grabbing routine if he wasn't on the Nats :)

I'll say it again, I love the kid, but he's lucky he isn't playing against Clemens, Nolan Ryan, RandyJohnson, or pitchers from earlier generations than that.

Why is he lucky? What would those guys do?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Why is he lucky? What would those guys do?

Are you serious?  Did you watch baseball back then?  They would have drilled him, probably more than once, and a few of the meaner ones (read, the Clemens or Jeff Weaver types) would have probably gone high.  

Earlier generations probably would have gone out of their way to do it constantly.

Edited by Forehead

Just now, Forehead said:

Are you serious?  Did you watch baseball back then?  They would have drilled him, probably more than once, and a few of the meaner ones (read, the Clemens or Jeff Weaver types) would have probably gone high.  

Earlier generations probably would have gone out of their way to do it constantly.

To walk in a run and get to Howie Kendrick? lol OK go for it

1 minute ago, Forehead said:

And now they'd be thrown out and probably suspended for doing that. Who cares what old racists would do back in their day to a guy having fun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

And now they'd be thrown out and probably suspended for doing that. Who cares what old racists would do back in their day to a guy having fun

Understand I'm not pining for "the old days" or anything.  Baseball has become more theatrical.  They'd be suspended now...back then maybe a fine.  As I said, I like watching Soto, I just think it is good, for his sake, that he's playing now, and not 20-30 years ago.

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

To walk in a run and get to Howie Kendrick? lol OK go for it

I think it was pretty obvious that this was an "in general" comment, not this exact situation, they'd have never put up with it.