Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BitCoin falling like a Dotcom

joeken24

On 6/21/2019 at 10:30 PM, techboy said:

How will I ever see the light if I'm not having my intelligence mocked visually? I'm obviously too stupid to read.

Read his posts in other threads

he is exactly what we mock

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Read his posts in other threads

he is exactly what we mock

Jonestown member, @tshile - enjoy your beverage. The simple minded addlepate would prefer to find his nearest intellectual companion on the net than gain a bit of knowledge — the allure of companionship is profound, particularly for your type.

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I mean, I hope you find success with crypto to be honest.  It’s not something I’d risk my own money on, but more power to you if you come out ahead.

No reason to belittle people who have differing philosophies than you though.

Your hopes mean a great deal to me, I suspect you’ll have the same heart to heart with those who attempted to belittle me, your support would mean a great deal. Thank you. 

Who offered any philosophy opposing crypto? That’s a rhetorical question, my dear friend. I’ve only been met with incoherent groupthink passed off as actual knowledge. The firsts posts in this thread were made by ignorant buffoons patting themselves on the back for giving others advice they weren’t qualified to give. 

You don’t have a philosophy, but you weren’t shy to criticize something you have absolutely no knowledge about. Why would you pretend to know something about crypto... when, in reality, you know 2 things, Jack & 🤫

I’m the only person in this thread who knows this space well, and I’m the only one who has seen the value of btc go in the direction speculated. You people who need the companionship of agreement are fine entertainment, but there may be people who read this who actually want an idea of where to start their own research, and I’ve, humbly, provided a few places to start... while navigating through the laughable considerations of inferior beings.

Here’s reality, in every conversation one human is brighter than the other, the person I’m speaking with is always the other. You, here, are the other. Read, don’t hope, I have no need for your well wishes or gentle sentiments. 

If anyone here wants to have a real conversation about crypto, I’d be happy to help that conversation move along more cordially, but this thread is nothing but bravado v the one guy who knows what he’s talking about ... and I can play that game better than all of you guys too.

giphy.gif

Edited by volsmet

On 6/21/2019 at 10:37 PM, volsmet said:

No I didn’t. You may be too sensitive. I took the time to explain a few things you asked me to, which is respectful, and commented on what I perceived to be areas you weren’t particularly well versed in. That’s a problem for you? Interesting. 

I was going to ignore this, because I actually suspect that you're just doing a shtick for your own entertainment (at least I hope it's entertaining for you... you don't seem to be amusing anyone else), but on the off chance you're sincere, I'll explain further.

1. I know more about investing than the vast majority of people. I have spent more than twenty years studying the subject, and in that time I have read dozens of academic journal articles and books on the subject, when the vast majority haven't read even one, probably because they're kind of boring, except to oddballs like me. Pretty much the only people on Earth that know as much or more than I do are other oddballs, or professionals in the fields of finance and economics.

2. That means that the strong probability exists that I know more on the topic than any person I converse with, and it would be fair for me to assume this is the case in any random conversation, such as, for example, with you.

3. Sometimes, additional evidence can show me that this might not be the case. I know that @PleaseBlitz, for example, is someone that works in the field of finance professionally as an attorney. @mcsluggo is an economist. 

4. You, on the other hand, have presented me with no such additional evidence. You answered my basic theoretical question about why bitcoin is an investment rather than a currency to be traded by flatly asserting it will rise (because you say so, I guess) until quantum computing, and following up with a rather weak appeal to authority by linking a bunch of random articles showing that certain experts have joined various blockchain related companies. This answer did not impress me, mostly because it did not remotely address the issues I raised. You answered @PleaseBlitz with a series of blockchain related vocabulary, lacking additional context. You have established that you have read a few articles and know some vocabulary terms, but that's about it.

5. Despite all this, I have never said "you don't know much about investing", or "I know much more about investing than you", because it would be condescending and rude. I don't actually know what you know about investing in general or blockchain in particular. Maybe you just like to troll and know more than you're letting on.

In summary, you don't actually know what I know about blockchain, or bitcoin, other than the fact that I asked you a question which appeared to challenge your position, and yet you came back at me by asserting that I don't know anything. 

That's condescending, and rude.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2018 at 7:15 AM, AsburySkinsFan said:

About a year and a half ago I had a client who gave me the choice of being paid in bitcoin or firearms...I’ve got a really nice rifle now.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

On 12/16/2018 at 11:42 AM, Springfield said:

But blockchain is the next big thing...

I know that you have no idea what blockchain is, I know you have no idea what dlt is, and I know you have no idea what Swift is, but I humbly present you with the opportunity to learn a bit. Friendship grows. 

On 12/16/2018 at 9:54 AM, ixcuincle said:

Everyone tried to invest to get rich quick despite knowing next to nothin' about it. 

If you’d post more frequently, I’d get to laugh more often. Not to be selfish, but I do hope you return with more of your hard hitting insight.

@techboy There is no reason to engage in this discussion.  Anyone who can't distinguish between the long term future of BTC and blockchain or crytocurrency is not worth your time.  If someone thinks hacking from quantum computing is BTC's biggest flaw, it's a pretty clear sign that either they have no idea what they are talking about or they are just interested in BTC's potential as modern day tulips. 

54 minutes ago, bearrock said:

@techboy There is no reason to engage in this discussion.  Anyone who can't distinguish between the long term future of BTC and blockchain or crytocurrency is not worth your time.  If someone thinks hacking from quantum computing is BTC's biggest flaw, it's a pretty clear sign that either they have no idea what they are talking about or they are just interested in BTC's potential as modern day tulips. 

Well quantum computing is potentially the biggest flaw. 

What I find kind of funny is that they are so many people that lack a base understanding of cryptocurrency.. then try to pass off their understanding to others.

One can have an understanding of finance or economics, and have no idea what he is talking about in the crypto realm. Happens with regularity on the news networks, finance channels, and apparently on ES as well. 

Edited by sportjunkie07

5 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Well quantum computing is potentially the biggest flaw. 

BTC has no future as a viable currency or blockchain standard on a large scale without hard forking.  Vulnerability to increasing computing power is not unique to BTC, but inherent issues in scalability and supply cap is (compared to newer blockchain standards).  It's fine for speculation and investing if that's your thing, but even if blockchain technology and crytocurrency dominates the world in the future, no one can use BTC to fill that need as it is currently implemented.

13 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

What I find kind of funny is that they are so many people that lack a base understanding of cryptocurrency.. then try to pass off their understanding to others.

I admittedly don’t know jack **** about this stuff to the point that you’re damn near speaking a foreign language but, I do have some play around money I’m looking and would like to learn/know more so please, carry on w the conversation or send me a PM.  My interest is piqued.

Edited by stoshuaj

17 minutes ago, bearrock said:

BTC has no future as a viable currency or blockchain standard on a large scale without hard forking.  Vulnerability to increasing computing power is not unique to BTC, but inherent issues in scalability and supply cap is (compared to newer blockchain standards).  It's fine for speculation and investing if that's your thing, but even if blockchain technology and crytocurrency dominates the world in the future, no one can use BTC to fill that need as it is currently implemented.

I want to point out that I wasn't referring to you btw. Just something i noticed a lot in the ES threads and on media. I could care less if people are ignorant in this regard as it allows me more time to accumulate. 

TechnologicaI advances might be able to solve the scalability problem, making it usable as an everyday currency. 

I don't see supply cap as an issue but I haven't thought about it much. I always figured with, let's say, 16 million BTC in circulation in the future, with each one divisable to a satoshi.. I figure that would be enough. 

We could also move on from BTC in order to solve those problems. I still see BTC as a store of value though. 

The only problem with moving on to cardano.. or something else, is that those crpytocurrencies are not nearly as well proven as bitcoin. 

Edited by sportjunkie07

2 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I want to point out that I wasn't referring to you btw. Just something i noticed a lot in the ES threads and on media. I could care less if people are ignorant in this regard as it allows me more time to accumulate. 

It could function as a global store of value. Technology might be able to solve the scalability problem. 

Yeah, people have found ingenious solutions to problems before.  And it could act as store of value where transactions per second and scalability is less of an issue.  As i said, if it's your cup of tea, BTC investing is a lot like any other modern day investing.  We look less at inherent value and more at how much the fair market value is likely to rise.  Nothing wrong with that kind of investing if that's your thing and if you're good at it. 

Of course I could be totally wrong and BTC could end up being the dominant blockchain implementation and also manage to monetize off it, thereby sitting on a lot of potential inherent value.  I don't think so, but I won't pretend to be the smartest guy in the room.  

37 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

One can have an understanding of finance or economics, and have no idea what he is talking about in the crypto realm. Happens with regularity on the news networks, finance channels, and apparently on ES as well. 

engineer_syllogism.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Yeah, people have found ingenious solutions to problems before.  And it could act as store of value where transactions per second and scalability is less of an issue.  As i said, if it's your cup of tea, BTC investing is a lot like any other modern day investing.  We look less at inherent value and more at how much the fair market value is likely to rise.  Nothing wrong with that kind of investing if that's your thing and if you're good at it. 

Of course I could be totally wrong and BTC could end up being the dominant blockchain implementation and also manage to monetize off it, thereby sitting on a lot of potential inherent value.  I don't think so, but I won't pretend to be the smartest guy in the room.  

Yeah I don't know for sure either. I just think we're at an early enough stage where technological advances in the crpytocurrency realm could eleviate current problems in a short time frame. 

I see the history of the Internet as a decent comparison. 

Edited by sportjunkie07