Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BitCoin falling like a Dotcom

joeken24

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

They’re coming around.. albeit at a snails pace.

they really need to fix the taxing issues in regard to cryptocurrency. It’s a nightmare.

IWith the decrease in cash use and practically everyone having a smartphone, governments and large corporations have become reliant on having everyone’s information.

this is a restriction on human liberty that should not be allowed to continue. This can be solved with crypto currencies but governments will fight it. Ultimately it will be up to the people to decide how much information they want others to see via their choice of network.

Edited by sportjunkie07
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@volsmet

“Studying potential for digital currency” is an oxymoron.

we already have a digital currency as most fiat currencies are that way. Some countries are completely cashless.

The right “cryptocurrency” has to be used; otherwise it will not differ much that what we have now except that the average world citizen will lose privacy and yield more control to the government.

i do expect we trend that way unfortunately.

but bitcoin is and will be an uncensorable store of value. 

Edited by sportjunkie07

11 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

@volsmet

“Studying potential for digital currency” is an oxymoron.

we already have a digital currency as most fiat currencies are that way. Some countries are completely cashless.

The right “cryptocurrency” has to be used; otherwise it will not differ much that what we have now except that the average world citizen will lose privacy and yield more control to the government.

i do expect we trend that way unfortunately.

but bitcoin is and will be an uncensorable store of value. 

Gilbert needs to freshen up on his oxymorons, 1s & 0s. 

The average biped will gain access to the global economy.

26 minutes ago, tshile said:

i'm kinda bitter because when i first got into it, i saw ripple and thought it was a good idea.

I let my friends that supposedly know better talk me out of it, for ltc.

Bitter.

Ripple may go public soon, xrp could fail, but ripple won’t. 

4 hours ago, tshile said:

hmmm... maybe i'm confused then. I think what I was looking at back then was xrp...

Semantics. Xrp is a crypto that is owned by its parent company ripple. Hence why people often call Xrp ripple. I think volsmet is saying that ripple the company will succeed but the crypto Xrp itself will not. 

I have never been a fan. Centralized garbage but no doubt you could make money off it. 

Edited by sportjunkie07
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Semantics. Xrp is a crypto that is owned by its parent company ripple. Hence why people often call Xrp ripple. I think volsmet is saying that ripple the company will succeed but the crypto Xrp itself will not. 

I have never been a fan. Centralized garbage but no doubt you could make money off it. 

It’s not semantics - and I believe xrp will succeed.

Tangentially:

Blockchain kiddies: we can fix every problem because this technology we don’t actually understand is magical

MIT: uh, no

MIT: The Ballot is Busted Before the Blockchain: A Security Analysis of Voatz, the First Internet Voting Application Used in U.S. Federal Elections.

also funny side note

every elections board but West Virginia: uh... shut this app down back to old school voting

West Virginia election board: let’s expand its use!!

edit;

lol Schneir kills them

”The company's response is a perfect illustration of why non-computer non-security companies have no idea what they're doing, and should not be trusted with any form of security.”

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2020/02/voatz_internet_.html

Edited by tshile

• 2 weeks later...

Actor Steven Seagal Charged With Unlawfully Touting Digital Asset Offering

Washington D.C., Feb. 27, 2020 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced settled charges against actor Steven Seagal for failing to disclose payments he received for promoting an investment in an initial coin offering (ICO) conducted by Bitcoiin2Gen (B2G).

The SEC's order finds that Seagal failed to disclose he was promised $250,000 in cash and $750,000 worth of B2G tokens in exchange for his promotions, which included posts on his public social media accounts encouraging the public not to "miss out" on Bitcoiin2Gen's ICO and a press release titled "Zen Master Steven Seagal Has Become the Brand Ambassador of Bitcoiin2Gen." A Bitcoiin2Gen press release also included a quotation from Seagal stating that he endorsed the ICO "wholeheartedly." These promotions came six months after the SEC's 2017 DAO Report warning that coins sold in ICOs may be securities. The SEC has also advised that, in accordance with the anti-touting provisions of the federal securities laws, any celebrity or other individual who promotes a virtual token or coin that is a security must disclose the nature, scope, and amount of compensation received in exchange for the promotion.

Click on the link for more