Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anti-Vaxxer thread (New York Reports 1st Polio Case in Nearly a Decade)

China

10 minutes ago, Tundra scout said:

Here ya go son. From Manitoba 

Yet one inconvenient statistic remains: More people died in 2022 either from COVID-19 or in association with the disease in this province than during each of the first two years of the pandemic.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/covid-deaths-analysis-1.6699040

Which is 

1) One province. 
2) Quite a bit short of your 45% claim. 
3). And in March of 22, switched from counting deaths from Covid, to deaths from or associated with Covid. 

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Tundra scout said:

45% of Canada's Covid deaths happened in 2022, a year where 85% of the nation was "vaccinated."

https://notthebee.com/article/covid-deaths-in-canada-nearly-doubled-in-2022-why

I admire a person with a great sense of humor. Posting an article where the very first words are literally "Hello my fellow conspiracy theorists" and pretending it's a news source about COVID is outstanding satire and a great commentary on how idiotic the right wing nut job anti-vaxxers are. Well done!

10/10 would laugh again.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 2

Jab free and lovin life 

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Which is 

1) One province. 
2) Quite a bit short of your 45% claim. 
3). And in March of 22, switched from counting deaths from Covid, to deaths from or associated with Covid. 

Always an excuse 

Edited by Tundra scout

And here I thought free thinkers like 🤬 blamed comorbidities for deaths being labeled covid related? Guess we have moved on from that. 😄

Full disclosure, I work for a State Health Department supporting lab personnel in the Infectious Diseases division. We were one of the first, if not the first, to test blood/saliva/mucus for covid back in Feb/March 2020 here in the US. So I know what a once in a generation pandemic does and what immunizations are (and aren't).

Stating that people are still dying despite immunizations suggests that you don't. It's not a cure. It never was. It is still the most effective way to keep the cases down and or keep them from being fatal. I can't imagine where'd we be without the mrna vaccines. Probably staring at 10x the total deaths. 

41 minutes ago, mistertim said:

*said every anti-vaxxer who also later died of COVID*

Tim be like...

see ya goodbye GIF

Edited by The Evil Genius
Typos
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Apparently nothing is more important to these nutbags than personal freedom, unless you do something they don't like.
You don't want the needle, don't get the ****ing needle.

Then exercise what you believe and shut the **** up about the choice anybody else makes.

If it kills people, so what?
Why do you care? It's not like you actually do, you're just the usual rage-aholic who cant just do what he chooses and then shut the **** up and let others do what they choose.
If what you choose has consequences, well, grow the **** up and deal with it. You made the choice. 

****ing dip****s. Think of it this way.
If everyone who got the shot died, you'd finally be happy.

Same as if all of you who didn't went on ahead and died, I'd be happy. 

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, Tundra scout said:

I love playing "Find what the conspiracy theorist cherry picked." It's easy to do and fun for the whole family!

Right there on Worldometer, if you look at graphs for the whole world, including Canada, you see that there were huge spikes in cases (and, subsequently, deaths) at around the same time (late 2021 to early 2022) pretty much everywhere that then went back down by around the end of spring.

It's almost as if there was some sort of...highly infectious variant that had resistance to the initial vaccines that came around or something! Wait...there was?!?!

So that article you quoted is basically just another instance of conspiracy nutjobs finding one specific number, taking it out of context, and then saying it proves their entire hypothesis that vaccines are bad.

It's a lot like when creationists say "Well, do you scientists have a specific transitionary fossil between these two species?"

"No, not yet"
"HAHA! EVOLUTION IS WRONG!"

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Tundra scout said:

Always an excuse 

If by excuse you mean scientific literacy, basic competence in data and textual analysis, then yes. Nobody really cares if you're vaccinated, but you're pretty clearly uninformed.

Pro tip: every possible viewpoint is available on the dumb parts of the internet; the fact that it's on a random website doesn't confer authority on it in any way. It's on you for being a colossal sucker.

Edited by JCB

32 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Jesus Christ. Does COVID-19 have a ****ing super PAC that donates to Republicans or something?

Im going to preface this by saying i'm not anti-vax, and did get vaccinated, and when eligible will be getting my shingles vaccine, because i just got shingles...and it sucks the sweat off a donkeys balls.

The point I think some are missing is that some of this stems from  feelings of loss of freedom to choose. 

This is not a republican/democrat problem or even one that is unique to the US. This same sentiment is world wide. 

Do you know why people arent completely freaking out about the flu shot? Because its not mandated. Its the notion of being told they HAVE to get it.

Now, Im not saying this is the case for everyone, i mean there have always been anti-vaxxers. This just gave them more of a voice sadly.

This is a free country, including free to be a dumbass. 

Edited by Xameil

4 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Im going to preface this by saying i'm not anti-vax, and did get vaccinated, and when eligible will be getting my shingles vaccine, because i just got shingles...and it sucks the sweat off a donkeys balls.

The point I think some are missing is that some of this stems from  feelings of loss of freedom to choose. 

This is not a republican/democrat problem or even one that is unique to the US. This same sentiment is world wide. 

Do you know why people arent completely freaking out about the flu shot? Because its not mandated. Its the notion of being told they HAVE to get it.

Now, Im not saying this is the case for everyone, i mean there have always been anti-vaxxers. This just gave them more of a voice sadly.

This is a free country, including free to be a dumbass. 

Should people be free to drink and drive too, then?

Sorry, but when it's a critical public safety issue that can kill people, your (generic your not you specifically) hurt feelings can eat an entire bag of dicks as far as I'm concerned. Especially when it's nothing more onerous than a stupid vaccine that has no more side effects than any other vaccine (some of which ARE mandated, for kids in school for example).

Screaming "MUH FREEDOMS" doesn't immediately relieve people of any and all social responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Should people be free to drink and drive too, then?

Sorry, but when it's a critical public safety issue that can kill people, your (generic your not you specifically) hurt feelings can eat an entire bag of dicks as far as I'm concerned. Especially when it's nothing more onerous than a stupid vaccine that has no more side effects than any other vaccine (some of which ARE mandated, for kids in school for example).

Screaming "MUH FREEDOMS" doesn't immediately relieve people of any and all social responsibility.

Ok so.smoking should be illegal, as should drinking, as all drug use, etc. Lines must be drawn somewhere. 

Drink and driving effects more then the dumbass.

You can vaccinate yourself, doesnt mean they have to.

Theres the difference.

Edit: i want to add, why isnt smallpox vaccine mandated? I would argue that one is just as bad.

Edited by Xameil

35 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Jesus Christ. Does COVID-19 have a ****ing super PAC that donates to Republicans or something?

That's what I've been wondering, for years. The motive. 

When the GOP opposes every single restriction on pollution, I can understand why. They're voting to harm the entire country, because the polluters paid them to. 

It's evil. But I can see the motive. 

But how did they decide that hundreds, thousands, of Americans dying every day from a disease that we have the ability to fight, was a political winner for them?  

The virus doesn't make dark money campaign contributions. It doesn't vote. Doesn't hire lobbyists. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Drink and driving effects more then the dumbass..same with vaccines. You can vaccinate yourself, doesnt mean they have to.

Just pointing out. You just literally stated that drunk driving is like not getting vaccinated, (they both affect other people, too), as a prelude to saying "therefore they're different". 

And sorry. I'm calling BS on the "they're opposed to the mandate". There was active resistance, and active disinformation campaigns, to every single attempt to do anything to oppose this virus. 

No one is arguing that the virus contains tracking chips, or makes spoons stick, or causes Parkinson's, or doesn't work, because they're opposed to the mandate.  They're opposing people getting vaccinated. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

16 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just pointing out. You just literally stated that drunk driving is like not getting vaccinated, (they both affect other people, too), as a prelude to saying "therefore they're different". 

And sorry. I'm calling BS on the "they're opposed to the mandate". There was active resistance, and active disinformation campaigns, to every single attempt to do anything to oppose this virus. 

No one is arguing that the virus contains tracking chips, or makes spoons stick, or causes Parkinson's, or doesn't work, because they're opposed to the mandate.  They're opposing people getting vaccinated. 

*and only because they were told to by their cult leaders. 

Edited by dfitzo53

20 minutes ago, Larry said:

Sorry. Drunk driving is WORLDS different. If you dont feel that way fine.

Im vaccinated, how does it effect me that joe schmo isnt?

And also, small pox vaccine? Care to comment why that isnt mandated? It has been found to exist again. 

And yeah, sorry, I know it may be hard for you to believe but there are people that specifically didnt get vaccinated because they were told they HAD to. And guess what...gasp..they are registered democrats...

12 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

You serious? 

Well Joe Schmo gets covid. All his anti vaxx chud friends get covid. It mutates to a point where it becomes resistant to vaccines. You get covid. You die. 🤷‍♀️

How is it even remotely possible that we're STILL doing this?

Nope nope nope, the earth is flat and water flows uphill, yup, that's what I'm free to believe so lalalalalalala <inserts fingers into ears>

• Like 1