Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Flex Scheduling and Playoff Tracker Thread

kleese

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Warhead36 correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Seattle clinch a playoff berth (5th seed) with their win on MNF? Isn’t it just the 6th seed everyone’s focused on now in the nfc?

Not quite. The Seahawks could lose all three of their remaining games (including the one they're playing now) and be overtaken by the Skins, Eagles, Vikings or Panthers, and end up missing the playoffs.

Seattle is in good shape because their last game is vs the Cardinals at home.  That's the game where once they win it they will have the tiebreaker on us for conference winning percentage and that's the first tiebreaker for the wildcard scenario.

Our best hope is the Vikes losing one of 2 and we win out, I don't see the Cowboys losing the last 2 and I don't see Seattle losing to Arizona.

Of course, this is all ridiculous but here we are.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Seattle is in good shape because their last game is vs the Cardinals at home.  That's the game where once they win it they will have the tiebreaker on us for conference winning percentage and that's the first tiebreaker for the wildcard scenario.

Our best hope is the Vikes losing one of 2 and we win out, I don't see the Cowboys losing the last 2 and I don't see Seattle losing to Arizona.

Of course, this is all ridiculous but here we are.

For me, it's always about having multiple avenues of entry. As long as the Skins have that, then yeah, it's still kinda fun to watch and let your mind wander. 

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

For me, it's always about having multiple avenues of entry. As long as the Skins have that, then yeah, it's still kinda fun to watch and let your mind wander. 

If I had confidence that the Bears will play their starters in week 17 I would say we have a damn good shot, the only problem is we have to win our last 2 games.

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

If I had confidence that the Bears will play their starters in week 17 I would say we have a damn good shot, the only problem is we have to win our last 2 games.

Maybe they will and Kirk will have a repeat performance of 2016 :)

That said, I don't see the Redskins beating a Tennessee team that aren't world beaters, but are better than Jacksonville. 

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

we can still get in at 8-8 boys. No shot at 7-9 though because vikes would be 7-8-1

i’m hoping to win the division, but i doubt cowboys lose their last two....

We have to win out first and then hope the Vikes lose one of their two remaining games.

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We have to win out first and then hope the Vikes lose one of their two remaining games.

Or Seattle loses out (doubtful they lose to the Cards).  Or the Cowboys lose out.  But yes, best chance is to leapfrog the Vikes.  

I just can’t (at all) see it happening, but winning our next two would be an amazing feat... regardless of the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

explain,  Vikes are 7-6-1.

Just now, skinny21 said:

Or Seattle loses out (doubtful they lose to the Cards).  Or the Cowboys lose out.  But yes, best chance is to leapfrog the Vikes.  

I just can’t (at all) see it happening, but winning our next two would be an amazing feat.  

unlikely, but possible. I don’t think the cowboys loosing out gets us in..

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

unlikely, but possible. I don’t think the cowboys loosing out gets us in..

Why wouldn’t the cowboys losing their final 2 games get us in? We’d finish 9-7 (IF we win our final 2, although i think today was our final win) and Dallas would finish 8-8. Meaning we’d win the division. 

Crap @RWJ stop being a second ahead of me on these posts!!!! Stop!!!! 

You guys are making this too complicated... it will be “cleaner” after the SNF and MNF games are over, but this is up to the minute:

We get in at 9-7 if:

Cowboys lose 2

or

Seahwawks lose 2

or

Vikings lose 1

We get in at 8-8 if:

Vikings lose 2

and

Eagles lose to Rams or Texans

and

Panthers lose 1 of final 3 

Without question, our best bet is to win out and have Minnesota lose once. I think their most likely chance to lose is this week at Detroit. The problem with ther final game against Chicago is that it may mean nothing for the Bears. This is why I’d actually root FOR the Eagles and Panthers this week. If the Rams and Saints lose it keeps the Bears hopes alive for a 1-2 seed (they win tie breaker with both Rams and Saints). If they enter week 17 with a shot to get a top seed I for sure think they’d play all out. 

Personally, I don’t think we have much of a chance this week at the Titans. But the scenarios certainly aren’t overly wild for us to get if we do beat them. 

Archived