Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

My man

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Haskins had good receivers IMO -- but not Alabama level the Alabama guys are insane.    Speaking of Haskins i just listened to Cooley's most recent podcast and I wish i didn't.  The only prospect I recall that Cooley was negative on and got wrong was Kendall Fuller.  Hopefully its round 2 on that front.  Some of his points ironically overlapped Shanny.  

What didn’t he like about Fuller? I had him in round 1, his last game v GT was sponge worthy.

8 hours ago, nonniey said:

I would love to see an actual board even 4-5 years after the draft.  Not aware of a published draft board from any team, from any year, although NFL documentaries will occasionally reference one (not show it though).

Likewise, it would be a fun exercise to redo the draft 4-5 years later. How many first rounders become UDFA? How many sixth rounders make it into the first round or second? How many UDFAs get drafted?

If all the teams got a do-over and every player from four years ago went back into the draft pool how different would the draft look?

Wirfs is nasty, should be a great OT class.

Pro Football Focus lists Iowa junior T Tristan Wirfs among the prospects to watch in the 2020 NFL Draft class.

Wirfs (6'5/320) has been a hot name as of late -- if there is such a thing for a draft that doesn't take place for another 11-plus months -- with the Hawkeye lineman being mentioned in several mock drafts. "Wirfs is as physically dominant a sophomore offensive lineman as you’ll see in college football," PFF's Mike Renner writes, also noting that he doesn't turn 20 until January. This is a much stronger offensive line class than last year, but it wouldn't be a surprise to see Wirfs go in the first half of the first 32 picks -- aka the first round -- in April 2020.

12 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Who does Jeudy compare to? He's not the tallest, but if he was 6-3+ he probably wouldn't be as good with making defenders miss as he is at his current ht which is 6-1 I believe. When I watch him, I see a 6-1 OBJ but I tend to suck at comparisons. 

Beckham-Desean combination?  Closer to Beckham -- slippery like him in the open field (similar physique, too) but a sick level threat at the same time with the deep ball IMO.

On 5/7/2019 at 1:14 PM, volsmet said:

the kid from Iowa... another former 5 star blue chip kid. He’s closer to 276 or so I believe, he’s going to be a problem in the league. 

Could he be a supersizes edge for us to groom as Kerrigan’s replacement, or is he more of an interior DL in our defense. 

I’d draft him and go with an aggressive 4-3. 

Epenosa-Payne-Allen-Sweat with Settle and Ioannidis and Settle as backups would be sick. I’d prefer Chase Young though. 

I don't know @Anselmheifer, if we to to a 4-3 we have 2 DL starters riding the bench. Its not a bad thing, but we'd have to figure out a good rotation to get them all playing time. On the plus side, reducing their play time should hurt their stats and on signing day they should be more affordable (liks Matt Ioannidis this year). Matt played a somewhat limited role and still put up nearly 8 sacks as an interior defensive lineman. That guy is probably putting up 10+ sacks in a full role and would have cost a bit more. 

Also, our LBs is what scares me if we go to a 4-3. That becomes a weak group instantly with the switch as I'm not sold on any of them. 

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Also, our LBs is what scares me if we go to a 4-3. That becomes a weak group instantly with the switch as I'm not sold on any of them.  

Reuben would be a really good 4-3 WILL.  He is super aggressive and fast.  He could play MIKE too, but he wouldn't be as good in that spot as he would be at WILL.

The UNC kid looks like he could be a good WILL too.

Devin Bush would have made a lot more sense for us if we switched to a 4-3.  He's a natural C and D gap defender who would have thrived at SAM.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Reuben would be a really good 4-3 WILL.  He is super aggressive and fast.  He could play MIKE too, but he wouldn't be as good in that spot as he would be at WILL.

The UNC kid looks like he could be a good WILL too.

Devin Bush would have made a lot more sense for us if we switched to a 4-3.  He's a natural C and D gap defender who would have thrived at SAM.

I feel like anything involving Reuben Foster is speculation at this point because we havent had a big enough sample size. Hes missed a lot of games over the last 2 years. The UNC guy is just a rookie so we really have no idea what we have which is what concerns me, it's all based around potential. You're spot on about Devin Bush, he would have excelled there I think. 

Finally my Vols will have a stud or two... led by my favorite recruit of the 2015 class, Hopewell's Darrell Taylor. Former WR turned edge, he will crush the combine after leading the sec in sacks in 2019.

Introducing Mr. #WGWTFA

6 hours ago, volsmet said:

Finally my Vols will have a stud or two... led by my favorite recruit of the 2015 class, Hopewell's Darrell Taylor. Former WR turned edge, he will crush the combine after leading the sec in sacks in 2019.

He is fast and has bend. With a year of experienced success in the rear view he is set up for a huge year. It is starting to be a trend of these big fast kids to be WR early and then switching to edge along with S and CB's that are unusually large.

I really liked Barnett and hated it when he was drafted by Philly.

Just looking back at some draft history info, and my God, in 2003 and 2004 we literally only ended up with 7 picks total across those two drafts. Snagged a couple of great players mind, but we sure did love to trade away those picks back then.

Lamb is special.  Jeudy is special.  Waddle is special.

The 2018 Alabama and Oklahoma offenses are going to go down as two of the most talent rich in CFB history.

But Haskins is the only one who got denigrated for the quality of his surrounding talent.  Makes total sense.  He did get to play with a handful of day two and day three guys after all.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Projected compensatory picks: One in Round 4; one in Round 6.

Key free-agent losses: Preston Smith (Packers); Jamison Crowder (Jets); Ty Nsekhe (Bills); Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (Bears).

Key free-agent additions: Landon Collins (Giants); Ereck Flowers (Jaguars).

Comp-pick analysis: The Redskins lost four qualifiers, with Jamison Crowder bringing them a fourth-round comp pick based on his contract and Ty Nsekhe potentially netting a sixth-rounder.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Lamb is special.  Jeudy is special.  Waddle is special.

The 2018 Alabama and Oklahoma offenses are going to go down as two of the most talent rich in CFB history.

But Haskins is the only one who got denigrated for the quality of his surrounding talent.  Makes total sense.  He did get to play with a handful of day two and day three guys after all.

Haskins depth of target was far lesser than Kyler or Tua’s. 

On 5/8/2019 at 10:05 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Beckham-Desean combination?  Closer to Beckham -- slippery like him in the open field (similar physique, too) but a sick level threat at the same time with the deep ball IMO.

That's a disturbing combination lol. Especially if he has DJs ball tracking abilities and OBJs best football qualities. He looks like a madden player out there with defenses on rookie mode. 

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Haskins depth of target was far lesser than Kyler or Tua’s. 

I've been watching your Haskins posts for the last three days.  It's obvious you have an axe to grind.  With all the shade you have been throwing on Haskins, I really hope you're still around when he lights it up.  Maybe to have a helping of crow while you're at it. 

11 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I've been watching your Haskins posts for the last three days.  It's obvious you have an axe to grind.  

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I've been watching your Haskins posts for the last three days.  It's obvious you have an axe to grind.  With all the shade you have been throwing on Haskins, I really hope you're still around when he lights it up.  Maybe to have a helping of crow while you're at it. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7217573

12 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I really hope you're still around when he lights it up.  Maybe to have a helping of crow while you're at it. 

tumblr_inline_ms48iadcn81qz4rgp.gif

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Comp-pick analysis: The Redskins lost four qualifiers, with Jamison Crowder bringing them a fourth-round comp pick based on his contract and Ty Nsekhe potentially netting a sixth-rounder. 

So we didn't get a comp pick from Clinton-Dix?  Well that was a big waste of a fourth rounder.

Archived