Extremeskins

Is Donald Trump a racist?

Cooked Crack

Is Trump a racist?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Is he a racist?

1 minute ago, twa said:

I think W was.

Terrible economy. Terrible war. Failed education policy. Bad foreign relations. Bank collapses. Worst recession of our life time. Failed to get Bin Laden. He did some nice things with AIDS relief in Africa, but other than that???

He failed at pretty much everything he tried to do except get reelected and for six years he had a Congress that bent over backwards to give him everything he wanted and pushed the notion that even disagreeing with a "wartime" President was treason.

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Terrible economy. Terrible war. Failed education policy. Bad foreign relations. Bank collapses. Worst recession of our life time. Failed to get Bin Laden. He did some nice things with AIDS relief in Africa, but other than that???

He failed at pretty much everything he tried to do except get reelected and for six years he had a Congress that bent over backwards to give him everything he wanted and pushed the notion that even disagreeing with a "wartime" President was treason.

Doubled down on trickle down economics after it was clear that it didn't work.

I cannot imagine the levels of poor education, complete hacky partisanship, misunderstanding of their reality, and delusion it would take for someone to believe George W. Bush is one of the greatest presidents in American history. You have to be living in an alternative world or just a complete idiot to accept that.

Just like you are a racist if you don't believe Donald Trump is a racist.

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I cannot imagine the levels of poor education, complete hacky partisanship, misunderstanding of their reality, and delusion it would take for someone to believe George W. Bush is one of the greatest presidents in American history. You have to be living in an alternative world or just a complete idiot to accept that.

well I do rate him slightly above Obama.

8 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Just like you are a racist if you don't believe Donald Trump is a racist.

I love the smell of righteous indignation in the morning. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Well yeah.  Probably the greatest president of my life.  Actually yes.  I’ll go ahead and say that Obama was the greatest president of my life and I don’t think it’s really close.

You must be pretty young. (18 or younger?) It is not even close the best President since Reagan was Clinton.  Obama wasn't an effective President and a really weak leader (W actually had better leadership skills). Ultimately Obama is going to fall into the same area of rankings as W somewhat below the middle of the pack.

10 minutes ago, nonniey said:

You must be pretty young. (18 or younger?) It is not even close the best President since Reagan was Clinton.  Obama wasn't an effective President and a really weak leader (W actually had better leadership skills). Ultimately Obama is going to fall into the same area of rankings as W somewhat below the middle of the pack.

A good leader that leads to bad policies makes a bad President.

Obama is always going to be easily ranked by most people than W.

18 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Raegan is the only arguable one, obama was so-so to bad on international issues, imo... isis, Syria, NK, Russia, Crimea.... failed Arab spring... nope.

Serious question, what would have had him do with any of those things?

5 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

A good leader that leads to bad policies makes a bad President.

Obama is always going to be easily ranked by most people than W.

I didn't say he was going to be ranked lower or higher than Bush I said he was going to be ranked in the lower half of all Presidents (Likely upper half though) and that W will be in roughly the same area. 

Yes you are right W did not have a successful Presidency - just pointing out neither did Obama. The last President that was largely successful was Clinton.

It's  just mind boggling seeing people trying to explain away the things the racist **** the piece of **** president does......Imagine if Obama said we need more Muslims or Africans coming here and there are too many Norwegians... Like for real, karma is a **** for some people supporting and defending this POTUS.... All because of what.. Being in power..... ****ing sad

11 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I didn't say he was going to be ranked lower or higher than Bush I said he was going to be ranked in the lower half of all Presidents (Likely upper half though) and that W will be in roughly the same area. 

Yes you are right W did not have a successful Presidency - just pointing out neither did Obama. The last President that was largely successful was Clinton.

I dunno I believe Obama left the country in better shape than what we inherited so that to me makes him successful. He literally left the country in such great shape Americans concluded electing a clown for president wouldn't be an issue. 

15 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

It's  just mind boggling seeing people trying to explain away the things the racist **** the piece of **** president does......Imagine if Obama said we need more Muslims or Africans coming here and there are too many Norwegians... Like for real, karma is a **** for some people supporting and defending this POTUS.... All because of what.. Being in power..... ****ing sad

A lot of white people don't understand racism and they never want to believe that racist things are racist, especially when they support them.  Little do they realize that by gaslighting people who are (accurately) calling out racism, they are reinforcing white supremacy.  It's easy to live with your head up your ass when you're sheltered from the negative consequences of doing so.

Also a lot of white people subconsciously believe that minorities and liberals are full of **** and don't know what they're talking about and they wish they'd just shut the hell up and stay in their place.

31 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

A lot of white people don't understand racism and they never want to believe that racist things are racist, especially when they support them.  Little do they realize that by gaslighting people who are (accurately) calling out racism, they are reinforcing white supremacy.  It's easy to live with your head up your ass when you're sheltered from the negative consequences of doing so.

Also a lot of white people subconsciously believe that minorities and liberals are full of **** and don't know what they're talking about and they wish they'd just shut the hell up and stay in their place.

Be careful, some on this forum will see this post as racist.

54 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’d make a terrible president so it is irrelevant.

I guess to me, it doesn't make sense to mark down a President if I don't see better options.

@twa suggested a President isn't responsible for the times they live in.  I don't agree completely with that.  I think there are things that happen when somebody is President and there are things a President does.

Things like the Iraq war and the Bush tax cuts are things that W did where I can (and many people did) see better/other options (vs. I'd essentially completely give W. no penalty for 9/11 and even the war in Afghanistan.)

Things like the Russian invasion of Crimea are things that happen why somebody is President.  I don't think it makes sense to say somebody is President simply because something bad happened while they are President.

(and then W is worse because than Obama because of the things he did (the Iraq war, not doing things to stop the housing bubble, the Bush tax cuts, etc.) and not things that happened while he was President.)

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

didn't even mention Katrina, which is arguably his greatest shame

50 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

W isn’t worse because he’s a Republican. His email scandal is also ok because he’s a Republican. Nothing ****ing matters except the letter after your last name.

Well I won't argue W - I concur he had an unsuccessful Presidency I will argue with anyone over 18 that thinks Obama was the best President in their lifetime since that is such a ridiculous thing to think.  I get it that he was charismatic and the young identify with him but he did not have a successful Presidency so to say he was better than someone who did (Clinton) is absurd.  

8 minutes ago, clietas said:

Im 38. Obama has been the best President of my life IMO. It's not even close.

Just don't get how any knowledgeable person could come to that conclusion so I don't think a knowledgeable person would. 

46 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well I won't argue W - I concur he had an unsuccessful Presidency I will argue with anyone over 18 that thinks Obama was the best President in their lifetime since that is such a ridiculous thing to think.  I get it that he was charismatic and the young identify with him but he did not have a successful Presidency so to say he was better than someone who did (Clinton) is absurd.  

The economy under Clinton was result of a bubble that Clinton did not understand or do anything to prevent.  Clinton (and his advisors) really believed that they had re-invented the business cycle and the growth during his real economic growth (that justified greater spending) and not the mirage that it was.

Clinton just got lucky the bubble didn't pop until after he was President.  He wasn't successful. 

There's no way that Clinton was a better President than Obama.

Archived