Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

3 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

FYI pump the brakes on #4, MD cops say they do not have a new allegation.

We're still on 3.

Assuming that MD cops weren't wrong about a criminal complaint and that Dr. Ford hasn't recently made one, I guess that leaves Avenatti's client?

Just now, bearrock said:

Assuming that MD cops weren't wrong about a criminal complaint and that Dr. Ford hasn't recently made one, I guess that leaves Avenatti's client?

I read it as "we got nothing yet."

http://www.mymcpnews.com/2018/09/24/statement-from-the-montgomery-county-police-department-regarding-victim-accusations-of-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh/

I suppose it could be parsed a little further, but I think that's reading a bit too far into it.

• Thanks 1

When the republican president is heard on tape bragging about sexual assault and people vote for him anyways, I don't see any reason that corroboration (beyond the therapists notes and other corroboration already out there) would change any republican's position.  This is the party that supports and hires known sexual assaulters again and again and again.  Trump.  Roy Moore.  Rob Porter.  Bill Shine.  Ailes.  Bill O'Reily.  Steve Wynn.  Trent Franks.  Blake Farenhold.  I'm sure there are more I can't think of off hand...

Edited by bcl05
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

It would immediately.  There would be a dozen GOPers within an hour calling for him to step aside.

What exactly are you looking for?  Someone who saw it happen?  

There have have been people who have said that they heard about these events later, in Ramirez’s case around an hour after it happened.  Others have spoken to the general behavior of Kav and judge in high school and college and they themselves have left a trail of comments over the years that support this.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

There have have been people who have said that they heard about these events later, in Ramirez’s case around an hour after it happened.  Others have spoken to the general behavior of Kav and judge in high school and college and they themselves have left a trail of comments over the years that support this.

How on earth did anybody let this guy even get to the Appeals bench, let lone the SCOTUS?

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

Ford claims there were 6 people at the party including her.  4 of the others she said were there deny it.  She cant remember the time, place etc.  I'd like something more than just her accusation.

Ramirez says herself she didnt see who did what she alleges.  And noone else has come forward yet to even say they were there when it happened.  Only people that say they "heard about it".

I'd like to have something more than 35 year old drunken memories.  Neither of these accusations are he said she said.  They are both she says and nobody agrees.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Trump is Pro-Trump. That is his official policy on everything.

This. He may not be personally against abortion but he will take that stance if it helps him with his base (it does). If he (or his peers) need to get an abortion performed they have plenty of money to take care of that in the U.S. or out as need be.

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

Ford claims there were 6 people at the party including her.  4 of the others she said were there deny it.  She cant remember the time, place etc.  I'd like something more than just her accusation.

Ramirez says herself she didnt see who did what she alleges.  And noone else has come forward yet to even say they were there when it happened.  Only people that say they "heard about it".

I'd like to have something more than 35 year old drunken memories.  Neither of these accusations are he said she said.  They are both she says and nobody agrees.

The way you keep twisting information is really ****ing pissing me off.

Others didn't deny it, they said they couldn't remember the party. BIG ****ing difference.

Bring the quote where Ramirez says she didn't see who did what, because if you can't then you're just talking out of your ass.

Again there are people who agree, stop ****ing misrepresenting this ****.

Do you know how ****ing infuriating it is to see you twisting information for alleged sexual assault when people on here have wives and family and friends who are victims of rape and gas-lighting?

Stop that **** man. Get your facts straight and either post with direct quotes or don't post at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As Kavanaugh’s poll numbers plummet, Trump is telling people in private that he was never a fan of Kavanaugh’s selection, sources said. According to two people who’ve spoken with Trump recently, Trump complained that establishment Republicans foisted Kavanaugh on him, because they reasoned Kavanaugh would unite the party in November. According to one former West Wing official, Trump’s first choice was Judge Thomas Hardiman, who served on the federal bench alongside Trump’s sister Maryanne Trump Barry.

Trump is keeping his distance from the nominee. A White House official said he hasn’t spoken with Kavanaugh in recent days. “This is Brett Kavanaugh’s fight,” the White House official said.

All things considered, if you attended a party in high school that for YOU was just a normal run of the mill "just like every other kind of party" party.....it is reasonable that you would not remember that specific party either.

That would be like someone from my high school asking if I remember the time I came over to play Playstation games.  How on earth would I remember a specific party on a specific date unless there was something very particular that happened on that specific day that stuck with me for my entire life?

For all we know the other people at the party (other than the other 2 guys alleged to be in the room at the time) wouldn't know that party from any other party.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fresh8686 said:

The way you keep twisting information is really ****ing pissing me off.

Others didn't deny it, they said they couldn't remember the party. BIG ****ing difference.

Bring the quote where Ramirez says she didn't see who did what, because if you can't then you're just talking out of your ass.

Again there are people who agree, stop ****ing misrepresenting this ****.

Do you know how ****ing infuriating it is to see you twisting information for alleged sexual assault when people on here have wives and family and friends who are victims of rape and gas-lighting?

Stop that **** man. Get your facts straight and either post with direct quotes or don't post at all.

Sort of like the people that have taken Fords initial claim and have morphed into "attempted rape"?  Maddening for you Im sure.

Her statement only identifies BK as being there and seeing his "hips coming forward like when you pull up your pants"  She also admits that there are significant gaps in her memories.  Nobody has come forward to even say they were at this party.  Only people claiming to have heard about it. 

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

Sort of like the people that have taken Fords initial claim and have morphed into "attempted rape"?  Maddening for you Im sure.

Her statement only identifies BK as being there and seeing his "hips coming forward like when you pull up your pants"  She also admits that there are significant gaps in her memories.  Nobody has come forward to even say they were at this party.  Only people claiming to have heard about it. 

Dude, you're ****ing wrong again.

Get your victims straight. That's Ramirez not Dr. Ford.

• Like 3