Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

52 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Depends on how well we are playing I suppose.  Giving Holtby some rest down the stretch worked out last season.  It would be nice to have the luxury to do it again this season.  Copley doesn't inspire the same confidence that Grubauer did though...

Holtby got rest last season cause Grubauer was playing awesome and leading the Caps to the playoffs while Holtby has his worst regular season ever. Holtby can easily handle the load and I know he prefers it as he has said so in the past. If he’s in a rhythm, keep playing him. 

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Holtby got rest last season cause Grubauer was playing awesome and leading the Caps to the playoffs while Holtby has his worst regular season ever. Holtby can easily handle the load and I know he prefers it as he has said so in the past. If he’s in a rhythm, keep playing him. 

I do agree with playing Holtby if he's hot.  My concern is that he gets burned out when we need him the most.

Given the lack of back to backs I wouldn’t worry about it. Maybe give him one game of the last few off but the week of the back to back is a good time to get him a couple extra days: Saturday, Tuesday, Friday vs every other day. I imagine the Caps will push for home ice through the first two rounds 

While we are on the topic of holtby I want to start a debate. 

Are we looking ar a future hall of famer?

With the accolades he has, Stanley cup champ, Vezina winner, second quickest goalie to 250 wins, and will more than likely break the caps record for most shutouts. 

If not what what do you think he needs to do more to cement his place in the HOF?

i personally think if he keeps winning at a regular clip he’s already in. 

7 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

With the accolades he has, Stanley cup champ, Vezina winner, second quickest goalie to 250 wins, and will more than likely break the caps record for most shutouts. 

If not what what do you think he needs to do more to cement his place in the HOF?

He needs about 4 more years of his standard production to cement his HHoF induction. 

50 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

I don’t think he finishes his career in Washington.  I think that he’s out of here after his current contract is over and the next goalie (possibly Samsanov) is groomed for a starting role.

1 hour ago, SkinsFanRob said:

If he wins more Cups and dominates playoffs, he will be in the hall. If he doesn’t win another Cup, he needs to be significantly better in the regular season than last season and this season otherwise his goalies against and save percentage won’t be Hall worthy to me

3 hours ago, SkinsFanRob said:

He's on track but needs more dominant years.

It's interesting to see who from this Caps core Stanley Cup championship team make the HoF. Ovie is obvious. How about Backy? Carlson?

I just saw Trotz reach a coaching win milestone as well, and now he's got a Cup, and remember he basically built the Nashville franchise. He'll get HOF consideration too.

On 3/9/2019 at 4:12 PM, Warhead36 said:

It's interesting to see who from this Caps core Stanley Cup championship team make the HoF. Ovie is obvious. How about Backy? Carlson?

Someone from the Capitals organization should hang Peter Brondra name and number from the rafters 

On 3/9/2019 at 4:12 PM, Warhead36 said:

He's on track but needs more dominant years.

I just saw Trotz reach a coaching win milestone as well, and now he's got a Cup, and remember he basically built the Nashville franchise. He'll get HOF consideration too.

Ovi is a lock. Backstrom is a maybe. Carlson - I really doubt.

Holtby can if he wins more games and a couple more Vezinas.

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Rooting for Hagelin is so weird. Its like when the Skins signed D Jax.

He was always such a thorn in our side I didn’t realize until they showed the stat he only has 92 goals in his career. I would have thought it was more than that 

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

Wilson is so selfless.

Coulda shot it himself twice, but twice tried to feed to Eller, letting Eller get to his 10th goal.

Certainly looked like it. He coulda easily wrapped the first one.

looks like the penguins may snap the bruins streak

Archived