Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

2 hours ago, Larry said:

The phrase "head to head" implies that there's at least one head being used. 

Also implies that either of them are planning to run a legitimate business and this is not just another grift. Or maybe they actually mean they are trying to grift the same dummies at the same time. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Or maybe they actually mean they are trying to grift the same dummies at the same time. 

When I was a government contractor programmer, we had a cartoon on the wall of the conference room.  Several cave men squatting around a burnt-out fire pit, with bones scattered around.  

Caption:  This meeting has been called in order to discuss the meat.  It has been pointed out that there is no more meat.  Motion has been made that we fight over the bones.   

• Haha 1

The comedian then suggested that he’d consider removing his Gettr profile, but “I don’t know how to get off,” he remarked. “Like if I get off of Gettr, I don’t think I can.” 

“You have you have to sit down with Marjorie Taylor Greene, personally,” Dillon joked.

His favorite apostle was a tax collector...but somehow I don't think OAN will admit to that. Also, the prostitute bit is apocryphal - a much later Catholic declaration that Mary Magdalene was the woman caught in adultery in the Gospel of John is not scriptural... even that story in John doesn't exist in earlier manuscripts.  I can't believe I spent this much time refuting the stupidity of OAN....

Edited by Riggo-toni
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some in GOP begin testing party's lockstep loyalty to Trump

Former President Donald Trump stepped up his election-year effort to dominate the Republican Party, holding a rally in Arizona on Saturday in which he castigated anyone who dares to question his lie that the 2020 presidential election was stolen, including the state’s GOP governor, Doug Ducey.

But 2,000 miles to the east in Washington, there are small signs that some Republicans are tiring of the charade. Mike Rounds, the generally unassuming senator from South Dakota, was perhaps the boldest in acknowledging the reality that the election was in fact fair. Instead of being shunned, he was supported by his GOP colleagues, including Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell. Rounds later said the party needed to get “ louder ” in telling voters the truth about the 2020 campaign.

Meanwhile, top Republicans in Washington have engaged in a behind-the-scenes effort to encourage Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, one of Trump’s most vocal antagonists in the party, to run for a Senate seat. And on Saturday, Glenn Youngkin became the first Republican since 2010 to be sworn in as Virginia’s governor after running a campaign that kept Trump at arm's length.

Less than two months before the 2022 primary season begins, Trump remains the most popular figure among the voters who will decide which Republicans advance to the fall general election. But the recent dynamics bring new clarity to the debate that will likely animate the GOP all year: how closely candidates should align themselves with Trump and his election lie.

“I was very encouraged by the response from a number of different senators supportive of Sen. Rounds,” said former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has been a rare Republican urging the party to move on from Trump and his election obsession.

Click on the link for the full article

10 minutes ago, China said:

But 2,000 miles to the east in Washington, there are small signs that some Republicans are tiring of the charade. Mike Rounds, the generally unassuming senator from South Dakota, was perhaps the boldest in acknowledging the reality that the election was in fact fair. Instead of being shunned, he was supported by his GOP colleagues, including Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell. Rounds later said the party needed to get “ louder ” in telling voters the truth about the 2020 campaign.

It wasn't about Trump to begin with. It was a cover story for hundreds of official acts of voter suppression. 

Which they have passed. Therefore the cover story isn't needed any more. So "look how moderate I am" is on the menu. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Mike Lindell Rails Against Fox News For NOT Pushing Baseless Election Fraud Claims: ‘They’re Disgusting’

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell rebuked Fox News on Saturday for not promoting 2020 election conspiracy theories.

“They won’t talk about anything,” Lindell said. “When was the last time you’ve seen anybody on Fox talk about the 2020 election? You’re not going to see it.”

Speaking at the Save America rally in Florence, AZ, Lindell argued that the biggest problem the crowd faces is “conservative media, the ones that don’t talk.”

“The biggest problem we face, it’s not the media, the fake news media — we’re all onto them — it’s the conservative media, the ones that don’t talk,” Lindell said. “One of them rhymes with Fox. Okay? Disgusting. They’re disgusting.”

Lindell and Fox News both face defamation suits brought by Dominion Voting Systems, and Fox faces an additional suit from Smartmatic. The network has moved to dismiss the Smartmatic suit, a gambit which failed in the Dominion case. Dominion alleges that both Lindell and Fox defamed the company by spreading false claims that they rigged the 2020 election.

Despite the $1.3 billion lawsuit Lindell faces, he continued to push baseless allegations of widespread voter fraud on Saturday, telling the crowd that “we all know what happened and it’s all going to get corrected, and it’s all been on God’s timing.”

“I will promise you this, there’s not going to be any election done with any machines or any computers done in 2022,” he claimed.

There are going to be any computers used in elections in 2022?  He's more delusional than I thought, and I already thought he was out of his mind.

I've always wondered how long it'd take to start a right wing blog/site and how quickly it'd take to make significant money off it and become known.  I'm assuming anywhere from 1.5-3 years.  

Not that I'd do it, I don't have enough time and I couldn't stomach it.  But it'd be awesome if someone did it as, like, a deep undercover tactic, get as much dirt as they could and then expose everyone.  

• Haha 1

An Annoyed Trump Reportedly Trashes His Potential 2024 Rival DeSantis: ‘No Personal Charisma’ and ‘Dull Personality’

Former President Donald Trump is getting increasingly fed up with Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), according to a new report by Axios’ Jonathan Swan, trashing the governor as having “no personal charisma” and “a dull personality.”

The report comes after the two Republicans have found their names in headlines together several times recently. Thus far, Trump has been coy about whether he plans to run for president again in 2024, but has been granting interviews and having rallies again in what certainly looks like he’s gearing up for a new campaign.

Trump spoke with One America News earlier this month, and blasted “gutless” politicians who refused to say if they had received the Covid-19 vaccine booster. Among those who have refused to disclose that information: DeSantis, who awkwardly dodged the question when asked by Fox News’ Maria Bartiromo in December.

The New York Times’ Maggie Haberman viewed Trump’s comments as a clear dunk on DeSantis, who was “increasingly under his skin.” Trump’s ire, said Haberman, was that he “isn’t getting the deference from DeSantis that he wants in the pre-2024 leadup.”

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Chachie said:

They'll never learn that he will turn on each and every one of them at a mere moment's notice. The loyalty is baffling to me. 

It’s not loyalty to Trump…. it’s just grifting off his brand. I’m sure there’s a dozen of them just waiting for Trump to croak…. so they can all cleanly begin fighting for his scraps.

Because they all came to the realization at one point in each of their lives…. that they could never get there on their own.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2