Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Here’s Teddy!

From here we pan to an old black and white photograph of a new years celebration held 60 some odd years ago at the Overlook Hotel. Then we zoom in on the picture to reveal an enigmatically smiling Ted Cruz.

Oh and here’s a candid shot of a costumed Ted Cruz honing his oral-tory skills at the Overlook Hotel the night before a debate.

image.thumb.png.51b40eefe3126b6f9e0788a94b51c03c.png

• Haha 4

Time to genuflect:

Republican Lawmakers Make Florida Trek to Win Over Trump's Support Ahead of 2022

Former President Donald Trump's tony water-side estate on the Florida coastline has become the endpoint of a pilgrimage for Republican lawmakers hoping to hold onto his decreasing—but fiercely loyal—base as they scope out the future of the GOP and what role Trump will play in it.

U.S. House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy and U.S. House Minority Whip Steve Scalise have made the trip, and U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham is scheduled to head to Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort this weekend. All three were key Trump allies during his administration, and those close to them have described the meetings as mostly informal plotting ahead of the 2022 midterm elections, where Trump could play a crucial role in whether Republicans are able to reclaim control of the U.S. House, Senate or both during President Joe Biden's administration.

Those familiar with the meetings have declined to comment on the record on what they expect from Trump, but the former president could play an outsized role in the midterms—backing candidates, fundraising and possibly even doing campaign ads for candidates who could use a pro-Trump boost.

Historically, a new president's party has taken a hit in midterm elections—a looming threat to President Joe Biden's plans to reverse much of Trump's actions and continue addressing the coronavirus pandemic.

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China

Asked to describe what happened during the assault on the Capitol, 58% of Trump voters call it "mostly an antifa-inspired attack that only involved a few Trump supporters." That's more than double the 28% who call it "a rally of Trump supporters, some of whom attacked the Capitol."  Four percent call it "an attempted coup inspired by President Trump."

Three of four, 73%, say Biden wasn't legitimately elected. Most don't want their representatives to cooperate with him, even if that means gridlock in Washington.

On 2/16/2021 at 5:35 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Dominion bout to be in the business of voting machines and pillows now.

Dominion Sues My Pillow & Its CEO, Mike Lindell

ominion Voting Systems is suing Mike Lindell, along with the company he founded My Pillow. The suit was reportedly filed today and seeks $1.3 billion dollars. It stems from Lindell’s repeated false claims “alleging that algorithms in Dominion’s voting machines had stolen votes from Mr. Trump.” This is according to the Wall Street Journal, which broke the story:

The complaint alleges that Mr. Lindell made false claims about the integrity of Dominion’s voting machines and that he knew no credible evidence supported his claims that the company had stolen the election from Mr. Trump—what Dominion has called the “Big Lie.”

Click on the link for the full article

Umm, who exactly is under assault from that cartoon clip?   Racists?   

If we get down to the brass tacks of the messaging I suppose you can make an argument that for the last few generations growing up being told "not to see color" when making judgements vs. the new updated messaging sayingg "see color because..."  However, Ben can't help himself and just goes completely into his frantic micro machines commercial gab and says a whole lot of nothing.    This reminds me of the backlash of common core math a decade or so ago "This isn't the way I personally learned math, so it must be evil and communist"

Look Benjamin, the idea behind "see color" is that we should celebrate our cultural background's differences WHILE ALSO appreciating what we have in common.  I thought convervatives were all into "individualism?"  The truth is, the American experience is not the same for everyone, period.  A portion of that definitely has to do with race, not to mention class, among many  other reasons.  It doesn't mean we are different at our core, but it makes the citizenry diverse and rich in different cultures, values, customs etc etc.....that is something to celebrate, be proud of, and appreciate, the fact that America is (or at least we pretend to be/should be) a country where we come together as one unified people not despite of but because of our differences. 

• Like 1