Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

On 10/1/2020 at 11:08 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Judge Refuses to Let Jacob Wohl Delay His Civil Case Until His Criminal Prosecutions Are Over

Hard-right hoaxers Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman had wanted to pause a civil suit accusing them of violating the Ku Klux Klan Act through robocalls targeting Black voters until their criminal cases over the same conduct had ended. A federal judge shot down that effort on Monday, finding that such an indefinite delay could harm the integrity of future elections.

“It is also important to note that elections occur periodically,” U.S. District Judge Victor Marrero wrote in a 14-page ruling on Monday. “By the time defendants’ criminal proceedings have concluded, countless elections may have taken place.”

The National Coalition on Black Civic Participation, which brought a lawsuit in Manhattan Federal Court against the alleged fraudsters in late October, asked for the temporary restraining order in a lawsuit accusing Wohl and Burkman of violating the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871. In October, Judge Marrero found those claims likely to prevail in a decision blasting the men’s campaign of “electoral terror.”

“The right to vote embodies the very essence of democracy,” the judge wrote late last year. “Absent free and fair elections uninfluenced by fear, the underpinnings of democratic rule would crumble. The United States Constitution, as enforced by Congress and the courts, enshrines these principles.”

The judge made the parallels between the KKK’s racist campaigns and those he found the hoaxers likely engaged in explicit in his ruling.

Click on the link for the full article

I mean who do they think we learned it from? I remember when stealer fans needed QB but said they would not be fans anymore if Vick came there but rape was cool. And I remember people literally burning their property cause of Kap. 

These people are so stupid is kinda shocking the bull**** they fall for. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

^^^ Hmm. Which dad doesn't get a sex robot?

Judging by conservative history its always the one barking the loudest who is also working part time at Home Depot taking wood in the back. So its probably him getting tagged in this scenario. He seems like a power bottom anyway honestly. Its the bead and the squinty eye that gives him away.

• Haha 1

If most Americans supported the Recovery Bill, and Biden helped bring together J&J/Merck to get us all vaccinated hopefully a month earlier than expected AND I was a MAGA wannabe. I'd be pissed too. Wait till the Geisel comes out saying it's not being cancelled and they agree with some books coming out of rotation because society has progressed. They are going to lose their ****. 

I feel like "cancel culture" as a topic was more interesting a few years ago when it was squarely focused on actual lives being ruined over stuff, but just like the term "SJW" went from one thing initially into anyone sharing a left of center opinion, now cancel culture seems to be an excuse for boomers to whine about how things aren't exactly like they were when they were growing up.

• Like 1

If I'm the "liberal media", I use these images to show that Seuss was a complicated man who was self aware and evolved with the times. I get the feeling if he were alive today he'd say "I never thought I'd be alive in 2021" and "Some of the imagery I created half a century ago is clearly inappropriate today."

22206487-standard.jpg

22206464-standard.jpg

qBPUwEs3P7CiBI2S9Css4Q_e4cbfcad97764eea84ba685be9fda62d.png

Evf-yDLXEAI0axA.jpg

• Confused 1

Re: Polyamorous Homosexual Throuple on Birth Certificate is a ****tail of 4 or 5 different hot button issues for conservatives

Homosexuals shouldn't have children because they are unfit parents (God didn't want them to be parents).  

Test tube babies are an ethical issue because embryos are "killed" in the process (life is sacred)..

Marriage is only between one (man) and a second (woman)... no more and no less!  

It's not physically possible for there to be two parents, therefore only two people should be on birth certificates. 

All of these individually are supposed to cause the downside of humanity!

I don't get why it is a shocking revelation that a lot of pop culture and entertainment from former eras might be problematic 60-100 years later?  Now, with that said, it is perfectly acceptable to discuss how you go about rectifying it and what place it has in modern society and disagreeing how you handle this stuff, but it is just weird to me that there is this big resistance in acknowledging that minds & opinions of bygone areas, while creatively & artistically rich, also harbored a lot of troublesome opinions and outlooks on certain things.