Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ThinkProgress: Trump confidant dumped millions in steel-related stock last week (Also the Trade War thread)


Recommended Posts

This is why presidential tweets are a bad idea. The thought sometimes just doesn't get across.

I very much doubt that as idiotic as he is, he is saying the moon and Mars are an actual part of one another..  part of the space program seems much more logical, and I'd assume what he meant.

 

You can't kick at everything..    it sounds like tan suit / mom jeans bull****...  just ringing in the left ear.

 

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

 

 

You will never “win” a trade war with an authoritarian regime grounded in centralized planning, with no voters to answer to.

 

The answer to China was TPP and bringing our European allies on board to isolate them further. Trump fire bombed most of our international diplomatic channels. 

 

The end result of “America first” is America alone and isolated, stumbling around in a globalized world that will leave you behind very fast.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:
Someone pointed out to me that Agent Orange will bail out the steel industry if it gets too bad, and I've been silently screaming for the past 10 minutes.

 

Socialism as a substitute for bad economic policies. Even mouthbreathing GOPers screaming "VENEZUELLAAAAA!!!" is just projection at this point.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Someone pointed out to me that Agent Orange will bail out the steel industry if it gets too bad, and I've been silently screaming for the past 10 minutes.

 

Get in your car, turn the music way up and scream for real. It helps. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, No Excuses said:

 

You will never “win” a trade war with an authoritarian regime grounded in centralized planning, with no voters to answer to.

 

The answer to China was TPP and bringing our European allies on board to isolate them further. Trump fire bombed most of our international diplomatic channels. 

 

The end result of “America first” is America alone and isolated, stumbling around in a globalized world that will leave you behind very fast.

 

It isn't really even that.  The war is unwinnable because of too much of our economy is based on IP.  Which they can ignore even more if they want (and at least most of the rest of the world will happily buy from them).

 

If you are going to win a trade war, you have to have an economy that isn't heavily based on IP.

 

China might come to the table and make a deal.  But they aren't going to "lose" this trade war.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PeterMP said:

 

It isn't really even that.  The war is unwinnable because of too much of our economy is based on IP.  Which they can ignore even more if they want (and at least most of the rest of the world will happily buy from them).

 

If you are going to win a trade war, you have to have an economy that isn't heavily based on IP.

 

China might come to the table and make a deal.  But they aren't going to "lose" this trade war.

 

Wish I could disagree with your claims or your reasoning.  

 

(I know, sometimes I do, anyway.)  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...