Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYMAG: Who is QAnon? The Storm Conspiracy, Explained

No Excuses

12 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Uhh, does anyone actually believe it took until 2023 for Tom freaking Hanks to be initiated into the Illuminati?

Fake news.

He was doing penance for "Joe and the Volcano"

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

QAnon 2.0: "Sound of Freedom" and the rise of MAGA vigilantism

I once met a former Scientologist at a backyard barbecue who explained to me how L. Ron Hubbard, the mediocre science fiction author who founded the Church of Scientology in the 1950s, got his retro-pulp novel "Battlefield Earth" on the bestseller lists in 1982. According to this fellow, the church compelled all its members to rush out and buy multiple copies for friends, family members and even non-Scientologists (sometimes derogatorily known as "wogs"). How many copies of that 1,050-page doorstop actually got read? There's no way to know, but "Battlefield Earth" spent eight weeks on the New York Times bestseller list. 

Something similar happened earlier this summer with Alejandro Gómez Monteverde's film "Sound of Freedom," which occupied the No. 1 spot at the box office until it was mercifully overtaken by Greta Gerwig's "Barbie." Whatever the original intentions of the filmmakers may have been, "Sound of Freedom" arrived in theaters as a thinly disguised QAnon recruitment film whose star, Jim Caviezel, is an evangelical Christian who has said he believes in the central myth of that conspiracy theory: that innocent children are being kidnapped by Satanists, dragged into underground dungeons and tortured to manufacture a chemical called "Adrenochrome," whose consumption keeps the privileged elite forever youthful. This fantastical concept is ripped off from various sources, including Hunter S. Thompson's 1971 "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" as well as an array of grade-B horror movies.

As Miles Klee of Rolling Stone reported on July 7, fans on QAnon message boards eagerly discussed Donald Trump's endorsement of the film and encouraged efforts to get "normies" who are "in need of awakening" to see it. "Crimes against children will unite us all. Eyes are opening," read one optimistic post.

That same week, right-wing Christian podcast host Rick Rene urged his followers to drag friends and family members to see "Sound of Freedom," offering a banner link to the film on his website, emblazoned with a variation on a QAnon catchphrase: "Fight for the light. Silence the darkness." (The slogan "Dark to light" can be found on innumerable QAnon websites, flags, baseball caps, T-shirts, coins, pins, decals and jewelry.) 

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 6:19 PM, China said:

What Happens When a QAnon Cult Leader Moves Into Town

The QAnon Queen of Canada leans so close to the windshield of her motorhome her face is almost pressed against the glass when she screams into her walkie-talkie. 

“Ignore them!” her voice crackles over the radio. “Ignore them!” 

The small collection of Romana’s Didulo’s ragtag group of cult followers-turned-servants who populate a rural Nova Scotia property look at me with a mix of horror and apology. One man, wearing a security hat straight out of a dollar store costume section, tries to take control and meekly tells me I need to leave the area. Another follower, a bit bolder than the security guy, coldly says “absolutely not” when I ask if we can speak to their so-called “queen.” 

There are three motorhomes strewn across the front lawn of the property and our conversation has to be loud in order to hear over the cacophony of the dozen or so dogs barking and fighting. Here is where Didulo and her followers, who have been proselytizing her unique brand of QAnon conspiracy-cum-alien stuff-cum-soverign citizenship beliefs  across Canada for the better part of a year, stayed over the winter. Here is where Didulo made her most loyal followers sleep on the floor of RVs so her dogs could sleep on the bed, and made people sit in their filth for weeks, eat expired food, and face torrents of abuse. 

Marching from the motorhome housing their spiritual leader, Didulo’s second-in-command comes storming towards us. Pointing her phone at us she begins to take control of the situation.

“No comment,” she screams repeatedly. “No comment!”

That night, after spending months on this property, becoming the talk of the little town just a few kilometers to the north, many of whose residents were worried about scams and possible violence from a quasi cult, Didulo decided to pack up and once again hit the road.

or reasons only known to my editor and therapist, I’ve been reporting on Didulo and her QAnon following for over two years now. 

The story has led me to get the worst sunburn of my adult life on a B.C. beach as I heard former followers tell me about how they were locked in a motorhome as she played Boney M’s disco hit “Rasputin” for nine straight hours; dive deep into legal documents of a woman who lost her home because the Queen of Canada said she didn’t have to pay her bank; and waste hours upon hours of my life watching the cult’s bizarre live streams. 

It has now led me to the village of Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia, home to about 700 souls according to the latest census, although it swells in the summer months due to its proximity to water and parks. I had long known that Didulo had set down somewhere for the winter in Canada’s Ocean Playground, but didn’t know exactly where until a concerned local tossed me an email. Armed with this knowledge and knowing the flights would be cheap in the offseason, I convinced my boss to let me expense a ticket to once again try to meet the QAnon Queen of Canada. 

Despite writing over 20 stories about her, breaking almost all of the news about her cult, and speaking to former victims, this Albertan hidalgo has only managed to speak to the person at the heart of the story once.

For those who don’t have similar, life-damaging brain worms as me, Didulo is best described as a QAnon cult leader and is truly one of the most bizarre conspiracy figures to come out of the pandemic. She’s somehow convinced a not-insignificantly sized group of people that she’s not just the “Queen of Canada” but she’s also a being from another dimension in touch with an “intergalactic alliance.” Her “lore” is deeply confusing and ever-changing but the starting point is that Didulo, alongside former U.S. President Donald Trump, is waging an international war against a global cabal of pedophiles. She squeezes as much money out of her followers as she can in an effort to keep the cult leader party going and, for now at least, it’s working.

Click on the link for the full story

A QAnon 'queen' and the Canada town that wants her gone

She claims to be the Queen of Canada, and now she's holding court in an abandoned school.

Romana Didulo, a QAnon-inspired conspiracy theorist, leads a group of supporters who have spent the last few years traveling around Canada in motorhomes and other vehicles.

Recently, the group moved into Richmound, a village of around 150 people in south-western Saskatchewan, and settled in at a former school.

Ms Didulo and around 15 to 25 of her followers have been at the site for about a week, says Thomas Fougere of Community TV, a local independent news outlet based in nearby Medicine Hat.

Soon after their arrival, the neighbours began pushing them to leave.

Around 100 local residents drove around the school on Sunday in tractors, semi-trucks and other vehicles, trying to drive out the incomers, according to Mr Fougere.

"It's the only place in the village where there's a playground and where kids can safely ride their bikes away from the highway," he said. "It's become a high tension situation. The town doesn't want them."

On 9/29/2023 at 2:44 PM, China said:

A QAnon 'queen' and the Canada town that wants her gone

She claims to be the Queen of Canada, and now she's holding court in an abandoned school.

Romana Didulo, a QAnon-inspired conspiracy theorist, leads a group of supporters who have spent the last few years traveling around Canada in motorhomes and other vehicles.

Recently, the group moved into Richmound, a village of around 150 people in south-western Saskatchewan, and settled in at a former school.

Ms Didulo and around 15 to 25 of her followers have been at the site for about a week, says Thomas Fougere of Community TV, a local independent news outlet based in nearby Medicine Hat.

Soon after their arrival, the neighbours began pushing them to leave.

Around 100 local residents drove around the school on Sunday in tractors, semi-trucks and other vehicles, trying to drive out the incomers, according to Mr Fougere.

"It's the only place in the village where there's a playground and where kids can safely ride their bikes away from the highway," he said. "It's become a high tension situation. The town doesn't want them."

'Queen of Canada' cult threatens Sask. village with public executions

The village of Richmound in rural Saskatchewan is turning to the province and the RCMP for help after a group of QAnon-aligned followers of the self-styled 'Queen of Canada' occupied a private building and threatened some residents and officials with public execution.

Click on the link for the video

• Thumb down 1

5 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The woman in that picture (maybe Kayleigh McErwhatever) looks like she’s in a “blink twice if you are being held hostage” situation. 

Kayleigh Mcenany? That's not her, that's Ballard's wife, Katherine. But you're right...they look like twins. I guess they were both made in the same Dollar Store knockoff barbie doll factory.

Ballard's wife:

Katherine-Ballard-3-e1414283151969.png

Kayleigh Mcenany:

2p33Oj0Z9vgtRGYPh6PRSShCLXptd1UdA4e2lvLf.jpg

• Haha 1