Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

If Sanders is the nominee, fine. It'll vote for him. But man, I don't like him or his movement. Was listening to CNN in the car with one of his and one of Bloomberg's advocates sparing. Every few words Bernie's would say "you know...." in that annoying way you notice in a business meeting and the speaker has their bullets but is unprepared for anything off the cuff. 

David Sirota

It's clear what the strategy is here: @MikeBloomberg is a longtime pal of Trump & has pushed right-wing policies. This move by Bloomberg is designed to send a message: he's saying to everyone that he'll use his billions to personally vilify anyone who dares criticize his record.

Says the man who was hired to vilify anybody who's seen as being in Bernie's way.  

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

*Benning might have, poor thing.  I wonder how he’s doing these days...

i can give an update---i normally wouldn't post about a banned member in a thread since members' replies could extend it way off topic and even violate rule 18

but i will in this case...because benning was just caught by tk the other day trying to do the ole dupe acct routine (not saying "benning" wasn't a dupe acct itself btw)....usually it's only right-wingers that try the dupe after they've been banned...they tend to be more committed to frothy

i've often thought this a pathetic type of internet denizen---the guy who gets banned from a forum then "needs" to get back so bad he tries to sneak in...but particularly when it's a guy who joins a redskins football board, but not to talk about that, and spends most of his time in the side-forum's political threads, waging a tireless campaign as their main reason for being here....you go politico power rangers

(that's not all directed at benning; i was thinking of a half-dozen banned guys)

per bernie---yup, getting muddy and lots of bernie people are really annoying, and too many go farther

and there's no shortage of ignorance of science (it just goes in favor of lefty issues) or stupid thinking 

just watched one of his popular tv mouthpieces--alexandra rojas i think---calling bloomberg a racist and the "antithesis of everything bernie stands for"

now that's all fine and bloomberg has a lot of debris to deal with indeed, but this is also a guy who played a yuge role in helping the blue wave in the mid terms---he spent hundreds of millions for them on tv and media in many places---and he's done a ton of pro-dem stuff as we all know and really made a lot of dem-desired **** actually happen....so next time you're doing your thing alexandra about how this guy is the antithesis of what dems should want you might want to check the math (not supporting bloomberg here---still evaluating)

35 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Honest question because I haven’t really looked into Bloomberg much, is it possible he votes/supports things he agrees with and not just straight party line?  That is something I’d find quite noteworthy if it is the case.

Hush, you.  

Decades ago, he supported a proposal that many Democrats supported at the time, but which they have now decided was the evil work of the Klan.  

It's hilarious to see members of the GOP pretend to be outraged over stop & frisk. 

As far as Bernie goes, I am at a place where if he gets the nom fine, but if he doesn't, also fine.  What I am over, however, is the meltdown that corporate media is having over his popularity. That is an easy way to turn off Bernie supporters from the general election (as wrong-headed as it may be) stop giving them more fuel for their flirtation with sitting another election out to pout. 

So the problem with not paying attention a lot over the last year is I have to ask questions like this and hope some of you answer me:

why is the lack of black support for klobuchar such a 

A) big deal

b) discussed as if it can’t be changed and is a permanent problem

is that based on actual policies she backed that were bad for black people?

or is it based on her working in Minnesota and not being known by black people?

Could it just be she needs to introduce herself or has she already been rejected?

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

So the problem with not paying attention a lot over the last year is I have to ask questions like this and hope some of you answer me:

A) big deal

b) discussed as if it can be changed and is a permanent problem

Could it just be she needs to introduce herself or has she already been rejected?

It's a big deal for all of them, because it's a huge chunk of voters in the Democratic primary and it could shift things one way or another in the general.  She has some troubling history from when she was involved in some cases, but I'm not sure most voters have looked at that yet.  For the most part, it's because she hasn't really done anything to court minority voters and people don't know her too well.

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

A) big deal

b) discussed as if it can be changed and is a permanent problem

A. Black folks are like a quarter of the Dem primary electorate. There's no path if you can't appeal to a big chunk of the party.

B. I don't see it being changed. She's got low name ID and is just making her debut on the national stage. I don't think her policies going to hurt her. Look at Bloomberg with actual bad policies for black folks and his black support is increasing.

17 minutes ago, visionary said:

It's a big deal for all of them, because it's a huge chunk of voters in the Democratic primary and it could shift things one way or another in the general.

I’ll address this for both you and @Cooked Crack

i didn’t mean why a big deal like: why does it matter what black people think

i meant it more like:

did she do something that they don’t like, or do they just not know anything about her yet. Is her current lack of support because of an insurmountable issue with her past

She has some troubling history from when she was involved in some cases, but I'm not sure most voters have looked at that yet.  For the most part, it's because she hasn't really done anything to court minority voters and people don't know her too well.

yeah that’s more what I meant. 

I figured she still had time to work on that. She was a long shot. She had to go heavy in the first few states or it was over. So having no presence in SC seems like an obvious side effect of that strategy

I mean maybe that’s just an insurmountable problem at this point, but I think it sucks. 

She was in MN. Lack of exposure to black people and what they want out of politicians seems like a normal problem. 

which would be different than having a history of supporting policies that hurt those communities more than white communities or being on tape saying something nasty

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Pete is down 5% since December?  After tying for the win in IA?  Seems weird.  

He generally seems to do better than the national polls predict...but those were in less diverse states, so we'll have to see. 

It's possible Bloomberg and Klobucher are cutting into his support.  Amy did a lot better than polls predicted last time, but she still has yet to get more then 3rd place.  Also it seems Biden is a bit low and losing support even in the national polls.  

Archived