Donald Trump
20    96.8%    10,319

Bill Weld
0    1.5%    158

Joe Walsh
0    1.1%    122
Other candidates
0    0.6%    60

Ok, she does seem to be winning a few caucuses.  No idea where this is all going to end up.

Really surprised at the Pete numbers I'm seeing.  

I've liked the guy, when I've seen him.  Struck me as really honest.  Pragmatic.  Realist.  

Not as all convinced that he's got a chance.  Or should.  Hugely inexperienced.  And apparently can't get any black votes.  Can't win without him.  

But I'm shocked at the numbers.  The guy is at what, 8% nationally?  

Any explanation for why he's doing so well here, compared to the national polls?  It can't all be because of how white the state is.  Maybe there's simply a horde of extreme liberals in the race, but only two moderates?  

- - - - 

Similarly, Biden seems to be doing vastly worse than many of the poll numbers I've seen.  Again, I'm not sure why.  

- - - - - 

Maybe the two are related?  Maybe Pete is stealing votes from Biden?  

I think moderates really just don't have anywhere else to go.  Klobuchar is not viable (apparently) and prospect of Biden as the nominee seems increasingly terrifying with each passing day.  This is where caucus really helps Buttigieg imo.  He was probably a 2nd choice for lot of Klobuchar and Biden supporters

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

I think moderates really just don't have anywhere else to go.  Klobuchar is not viable (apparently) and prospect of Biden as the nominee seems increasingly terrifying with each passing day.  This is where caucus really helps Buttigieg imo.  He was probably a 2nd choice for lot of Klobuchar and Biden supporters

I think Klobuchar is outperforming expectations based on what i'm reading, but going from 8% to 13-15% still doesn't translate to much long term.

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

It's interesting that we're seeing both Klobucher and Pete showing up in a bunch of places together though.  Perhaps because there are more rural/moderare precincts and Pete tends to appeal to younger voters while she appeals to older ones?

4 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

**** is weird to me, i'll check the results in the AM

this sounds like some bull**** that made sense when you had 50 people in a county and everybody rode their horse to the local oat store and you saw people you had no contact with for the last 4 years and you all got together to hash **** out. 

It looks like Buttigieg is going to come out really well out of Iowa and Biden will likely be the big loser.  I wonder if that will move the needle at all with black voters for Buttigieg.  Because if he can get even modest support from black voters, I think he becomes the favorite

Gotta say, though. 

I like Pete. But right now, I'd be scared of him winning the nomination, or of Bernie. Because I could see either of them getting us four more years of Trump. 

Granted, if they win, likely my opinion of their chances will have changed. But right now, I'd be scared of either of them winning. 

Archived