Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

So, they decided they didn't need to hear from the poll, and just let the election decide?  

But seriously.  It's a poll.  One day before the actual voting.  Only people it's important too are:  

1)  Political junkies who will slurp up anything.

2)  News organizations who were planning on lots of clicks from it

3)  And voters who are deciding who to vote for based on who they think everybody else is voting for.  

35 minutes ago, Larry said:

3)  And voters who are deciding who to vote for based on who they think everybody else is voting for.  

whether it is worth voting is the largest impact of skewed polling.

the why bother factor

1 hour ago, Larry said:

You always this worried about a candidate who's polling in third place?  

Four points not that big of a gap and the way caucuses work he can still come out on top. Ted Cruz was polling 5pts behind Trump in some polls and ended up winning by 3. Pete has no path to victory. Might as well vote for someone who appeal in non lily white states.

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Interesting. Of course, this being reported on would likely have helped her too, if true. 

Reporting that any candidate is surging will help said candidate.  

Which also implies that, in the absence of the results, claiming that a candidate is surging would help that candidate, too.  

- - - 

However, having disposed of the disclaimer to be cautious about claims of polls. . . . 

That could be interesting.  If Biden finishes third?  Might cut into the talking point that he's The Chosen One.  (And the only one who can beat Trump.)

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Four points not that big of a gap and the way caucuses work he can still come out on top. Ted Cruz was polling 5pts behind Trump in some polls and ended up winning by 3. Pete has no path to victory. Might as well vote for someone who appeal in non lily white states.

You're worried about Pete because you're afraid he'll win the nomination and then lose to Trump?  (Or, the longer version, you're worried that he'll win the nomination without any black vote, and then lose to Trump because even after winning the nomination, he won't have any black vote?)  

What's he polling at, nationwide, 8%?  5?

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

You're worried about Pete because you're afraid he'll win the nomination and then lose to Trump?  (Or, the longer version, you're worried that he'll win the nomination without any black vote, and then lose to Trump because even after winning the nomination, he won't have any black vote?)  

What's he polling at, nationwide, 8%?  5?

Not worried a bit about Pete winning. There is no lane for him. Just want the field cleared out sooner than later.

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

Reporting that any candidate is surging will help said candidate.  

Which also implies that, in the absence of the results, claiming that a candidate is surging would help that candidate, too.  

- - - 

However, having disposed of the disclaimer to be cautious about claims of polls. . . . 

That could be interesting.  If Biden finishes third?  Might cut into the talking point that he's The Chosen One.  (And the only one who can beat Trump.)

I mean, I don't think a couple of tweets from guys with 20-40,000 followers is going to help much of anything. Nor are the two I quoted Warren lackeys, so I don't assume they're lying to help her.

Rumored/leaked numbers from the poll:

Sanders 22

Warren 18

Buttigieg 16

Biden 13

No numbers on Klobuchar. Be fascinating to see Biden finish 5th. 

Eh.  Heard a couple of NPR interviews, last day or so.  To the theme that most of the (very large group) that's still deciding, are overwhelmingly doing so based not on M4A, or deficit, or foreign policy.  But the overwhelming yardstick they're using is "will he beat Trump?"  

To me, if that's their yardstick, then it favors Biden.  

10 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Not worried a bit about Pete winning. There is no lane for him. Just want the field cleared out sooner than later.

The field of Warren, Buttigieg, Sanders, Biden isn’t shrinking before Super Tuesday. Bloomberg isn’t even starting until Super Tuesday . If Klobuchar surprises, she could also hang around Until then.

Everyone else without money will be gone in the next week.

Super Tuesday will be the big decider.   One candidate will either wipe everyone else out or this will be spread among multiple candidates.

16 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

God bless Mike Bloomberg.

I think my response would have been "Seriously?  You're fact checking that ****?"

Although "It may come as a shock to you, but Donald Trump lies his **** off.  About everything." isn't bad, either.  

Archived