Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I have no faith in Booker being president at all. Not thinking about any policies he might be for or against, but I think hes too strong of a personality in a black male body and that will scare people. I mean they couldnt handle Obama and he was about as non threatening as it could be.  

No kidding.  I say this with the firm understanding that I grew up in white/asian suburbia, but it seems to me like a lot of these people's entire exposure to black culture is watching Menace 2 Society.  Obama couldn't have been more polar opposite of that and I just don't get it.  Whatever you think of his policies, he was just a flat out likable guy.  When he played the Hulk Hogan theme to bust in Trump over his birth certificate, I thought that was a great moment...presidents can be fun people too, etc.  It really sucks that folks are still finding ways to be offended by him.

Booker would probably get it worse.  Looking at everyone who has declared of might declare so far, I'm hoping for Klobuchar or Sherrod Brown.  I'd even say Kamala Harris but my skin crawls at the ideas of the attack ads that will come out over her.  And I hate to say it, but from an electoral college perspective, a California candidate is a waste for the Dems, those votes are in the bag.  I could win California if I had a D after my name.

16 minutes ago, tshile said:

Honestly if a candidate ran for president on this platform I would enthusiastically support them (assuming they have a good record as a person):

im running to be the leader of our country. My personal policy ideas are irrelevant, your congressmen/women and senators are responsible for that. I will simple be here to lead them to doing work on your behalf. 

Ive felt for some time what this country needs is not a good democrat or republican for president, but a good leader. 

Im sure that would be laughed out of the room and go no where but I’d vote for anyone, hard left or right, if I thought they’d leave their personal policy ideas at the door and be a genuine leader for the country. 

Agree and I actually think this year is the year something like that would really really work. But I dont think we are going to get that. Too much about my vision and not your vision. 

I never thought about it like this before actually. 

15 minutes ago, clietas said:

If? I think ya just summed up Hillarys 2016 campaign. 

No one heard anything Hillary said that entire campaign. No one. All we heard was Trump. It worked. 

"Rail against capitalism" is such a cowardly BS way to frame things. 

This is why I have no faith in the media to be objective, and instead they want to create their own election stories and angles.  

This is what happens anytime the Dems/Liberals/Progressives/Whoever merely want to reverse some of the things the GOP did.  The Dems aren't inventing new policies, they are just attempting to undo the irresponsible things the GOP has done.

Also, the media trying to put a spin on the general election narrative when we don't even have a (D) candidate yet.  The primaries haven't even begun for crying out loud.  

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This is why I have no faith in the media to be objective, and instead they want to create their own election stories and angles.  

This is what happens anytime the Dems/Liberals/Progressives/Whoever merely want to reverse some of the things the GOP did.  The Dems aren't inventing new policies, they are just attempting to undo the irresponsible things the GOP has done.

Also, the media trying to put a spin on the general election narrative when we don't even have a (D) candidate yet.  The primaries haven't even begun for crying out loud.  

Giving a $1.5 TRILLION tax break to the richest 0.1% that results in no benefit for the broader economy:  Reasonable!

Undoing that:  RADICAL!

14 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

“Rail against capitalism" is such a cowardly BS way to frame things. 

Just to be clear I agree with you, I was just reciting what was being said. 

Not sure that that clarification was necessary, but just in case. 

20 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Giving a $1.5 TRILLION tax break to the richest 0.1% that results in no benefit for the broader economy:  Reasonable!

Undoing that:  RADICAL!

Making it easier for people to register and vote? GOP -UnAmerican!

Purging actual eligible registered voters off the voting rolls? GOP - nothing to see here.

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

I have no faith in Booker being president at all. Not thinking about any policies he might be for or against, but I think hes too strong of a personality in a black male body and that will scare people. I mean they couldnt handle Obama and he was about as non threatening as it could be.  

a) Why are you scared of white people who are afraid of strong black men?

b) Corey Booker is not a strong personality at all. Dude goes wherever the money is taking him. Obama has way more balls than him.

Also there is no front runner for the Democratic nomination. Kamala Harris 100% wouldn't get my vote and the vote of many others just because she was California's top cop who turned a blind eye to police misbehavior.

7 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

b) Corey Booker is not a strong personality at all. Dude goes wherever the money is taking him. Obama has way more balls than him.

Also there is no front runner for the Democratic nomination. Kamala Harris 100% wouldn't get my vote and the vote of many others just because she was California's top cop who turned a blind eye to police misbehavior.

How did you expect me to respond to this? 

54 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Booker is a solid candidate but the ticket is already set with Brown and Harris. Not sure who is the top of the ticket but those are the two.

52 minutes ago, clietas said:

Harris. Brown is lock for the VP nom imo.

8 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Brown should stay in the Senate. He's like the only Dem who seems to win in Ohio. Harris/O'Rourke is the ticket either way.

Why are people locking in their ticket in February 2019?  Is nobody interested in what any of these people have to say during, you know, the campaign?

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Why are people locking in their ticket in February 2019?  Is nobody interested in what any of these people have to say during, you know, the campaign?

Just predicting. I haven't really paid attention outside of announcements. Waiting for the debates. As of right now just going with the most popular candidates with they least negatives.

7 minutes ago, clietas said:

Which is exactly why he'll end up as the VP nom imo.

The governor will just appoint a Republican to take his spot. Brown is a terrible pick if the person cares about putting judges on the bench.

Third Party Blues.  Here's a Nate Silver look at the real impact of 1992's Ross Perot run.

https://abcn.ws/2HxVUsN

Personally, I think the people that may consider Howard Shultz are people that probably would never vote for most of the Dems running in 2020.   

If the Dem candidate is worried about losing votes to a potential third party bid; they got more problems.  A big factor in 2016, alot of voters just stayed home.  There are more Democrats than everybody else.  You get a candidate that draw those people, who are sitting on their butts; they should be able to beat Trump.

Despite all the 2016 ****, if more of the regu;lar Dem voters came out; Hillary would be running for her reelection.  The fact that didn't happen is sad.

At the moment, Kamala Harris is one with the buzz.  Should she get the nomination, can she draw out more voters.  The Dems win in 2020; they have to be able get more voters out than the GOP.  You can't rely on expecting on GOP voters to vote for the Dem, especially with where the Dems will stand on the issues.  You have to get more Dem leaning voters off their butts and out voting.

52 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Because the mainstream media is owned by corporations and they care about their pockets first.

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

How did you expect me to respond to this? 

Idk man. You the one who made the original post. I want to know what your thinking was.

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Despite all the 2016 ****, if more of the regu;lar Dem voters came out; Hillary would be running for her reelection

I agree but for your sake it’s worth refining that to say more dem voters in specific areas of the country 

there are a lot on the left who love to throw out that she got more votes than any dem in history, or whatever it is they were saying for the last few years. 

The nuance of normalizing that data to % of  eligible voters as well as factoring in the electoral map seems lost on them. 

You cant just have CA and WA dem voters show up in record numbers. That’s now how the presidential election works. You need to specifically target the ones in states where dems do not dominate the votes. 

39 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Well, if you want to get elected you may have to appeal to fearful white people...

It just depends on how many of those 63 percent are going to vote republican regardless of the Candidate is, and how many of those who are open to voting democratic are fearful of powerful black men.

54D79AE7-7CC6-4872-A599-9D5BCDD741B1.jpeg

28 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

These are just early predictions. It’s not like we don’t know anything about who might also get into the race. I’m voting for the Dem nominee no matter what. 

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

I agree but for your sake it’s worth refining that to say more dem voters in specific areas of the country 

there are a lot on the left who love to throw out that she got more votes than any dem in history, or whatever it is they were saying for the last few years. 

The nuance of normalizing that data to % of  eligible voters as well as factoring in the electoral map seems lost on them. 

You cant just have CA and WA dem voters show up in record numbers. That’s now how the presidential election works. You need to specifically target the ones in states where dems do not dominate the votes. 

MI,PA and even WI is what I had that in mind.    They were several states where Trump won less than 2%.   If the Dems got out more of the regular voters out in 2016; things would've been different.

The actual shape of the race won't be known until around the conventions in the summer of 2020.

1.  Will the ecomony be in a recession then?

2. Will the results of the Mueller investigation be known by then?

3. Who is the Democratic nominee?  Will that nominee be someone who can actually get elected?

4. After the 2020 primaries, will the Dems be united?

5. Will Trump have had a primary challenge?

6. Will the U.S. be invoolved in some new military conflict?

7. Will their be a viab le third party candidate that can draw enough votes; to trip the election either way?

Etc....  Those are just some of the factors that we won't know until them.  If somehow Trump isn't the GOP nominee, that changes things even more.

13 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

MI,PA and even WI is what I had that in mind.    They were several states where Trump won less than 2%.   If the Dems got out more of the regular voters out in 2016; things would've been different.

That's why Brown makes the most sense to me. Seems like he has the best chance as of today to be on the ticket. Other than Biden who else can potentially deliver WI, MI, PA, n mayhaps OH?

16 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Idk man. You the one who made the original post. I want to know what your thinking was.

Oh ok. Its just that.... when you ask me why im afraid of white people while quoting me not saying anything close to that, I have to wonder if you are being overly presumptuous for a particular reason or if you just doing that overly aggressive Benning thing you often do. I guess you just cant help it. You need to work on that though, homie. 

My thinking was simple (i thought). If people where scared of O, then Booker definitely  "fits the description". Booker has a much more combative personality compared to O. I would imagine he comes off to some people alot like you come off to posters on here. Not saying thats a bad thing, just thats its noticeably more abrasive than O who already had repubs shaking in their boots about shinra law or whatever the **** that was. Him being more abrasive and a black man would, imo, help to rally the Trump voters against him if it came down to him v Trump. Knowing that, I would expect the dems, who cant lose this one, to not even consider nominating him in 2020 unless he was beyond the shadow of a doubt the only one who could beat Trump. And in 2020 I think there will be better options to beat Trump than Booker. 

Now, respond by asking me why I love white people so much or something just as ****ing stupid and ill have to ignore your ass like everyone else with some sense on here does. 

Archived