Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

30 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That's one of the most ludicrous twisting of someone's words I've ever seen.

There are multiple posters here that do that exact same thing on a regular basis. Its why conversations never go anywhere these days 

7 hours ago, Llevron said:

There are multiple posters here that do that exact same thing on a regular basis. Its why conversations never go anywhere these days 

i'm trying to retire from more than paid work :P

people gotta people, whether it leaves you bemused or bitter, and there's no stopping it short of extinction or wildly unpopular methods that work more to that direction than not 

about 30% of all humans are magnificent creatures, flaws and all, but the other 70% would better serve humanity as a whole if nulled (no connection  to Reed Richards' "Ultimate Nullifier"). 

but such interventions will not be used at this time in the species' development. it's still preferable to wait and see if it occurs over time without such massive overt manipulation...for now

liz lord.jpg

What’s crazy about all of that is I suspect it’s our flaws as a species that allowed for to dominate this planet. I’m no genius either and I have never done any deep research on the subject (and I wouldn’t know where to start) but I would expect every shared trait from our selfishness to our violence to our capacity to learn has lead to all of our greatness....yet It’s exactly these things we haven’t been able to evolve enough to take us to the next level. Whatever that could be. 

I dunno maybe I drank/smoked too much as a teen @Jumbo but it seems to me we have all the tools without the need to thin the herd too much. We just haven’t figured out how to use them for our own good just yet. 

I wish I could observe from the outside just to see how it all goes down. 

Jumbo, my problem is which group breeds faster. I suspect them getting to 70 was not an accident.

I think this logic is what lead to my wife's nursing unit saying we needed contraception in our water with a neutralizing chemical given to those who show basic common sense. The problem is that common sense is uncommon by nature, and our species would die off. 

Well, the reporter made a mistake but corrected it, which is the most important thing.

Buttigieg's quote is dead on though.  I've been reading coverage of small farmers on Wapo recently (seems like a series they are doing).  From a pure self interest perspective, I can see how people who've been left behind by globalization and high tech era would say anything is better than the status quo.  That's not to say voting for Trump was right or status quo couldn't get worse, but it feels like there's a hugely complex issue surrounding those who are getting left behind and we as a country haven't focused enough on how to address that problem.

22 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Well, the reporter made a mistake but corrected it, which is the most important thing.

That's not to say voting for Trump was right or status quo couldn't get worse, but it feels like there's a hugely complex issue surrounding those who are getting left behind and we as a country haven't focused enough on how to address that problem.

I agree with the farmers not being happy with the status quo, however I wonder how many of them would still be willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt if the gov't wasn't cutting them checks to make up for losses.  It's like these farmer's are convinced Trump's trade war has zero to do with their plight and/or that Trump has this secret grand plan he is waiting to unveil any time now.  It's a lot easier to ride it out if you are being paid (bribed) to do so but you contrast that with other rust belt workers who's livelihoods are simply done & gone when their industries pack up and leave, their urgency to hold the current administration responsible might be a bit higher. 

6 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

So what's wall street's excuse for not backing one of the other moderates in the field like Klobuchar?  And after having torched Bain Capital as the scourge of all things capitalism in 2012, Dems are now supposed to turn around and nominate a former Bain managing director as their nominee?

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

So what's wall street's excuse for not backing one of the other moderates in the field like Klobuchar?  And after having torched Bain Capital as the scourge of all things capitalism in 2012, Dems are now supposed to turn around and nominate a former Bain managing director as their nominee?

Not sexy enough. They've been in this race and haven't done anything.

3 hours ago, bearrock said:

I'd be happy with President Klobuchar, but i doubt that 20% know who she is... even after all the debates.     Candidate Klobuchar doesn't really capture the electorate's imagination

Archived