Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

8 hours ago, twa said:

She could slide in as Biden stumbles, better luck next time?

Biden is stumbling, everytime he opens his mouth.

He stumbles, his voters will either stay home or go to the nominee: Warren.

Hillary couldn't win a Democratic primary and Trump would beat her again.

I voted for Hillary because she was the better of the 2 crap sandwiches we got and always felt whichever one won would be a one term president.. .. Clinton's problem was just too much political baggage.... I will vote for Warren if she wins the Dem primary as well bcos she ain't no **** sandwich and is better than the steaming pile of turd sitting in the oval office right now

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Tulsi definitely a plant.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

I thought it was common knowledge that Gabbard was in the tank for Russia.

Shes the poster child for what it looks like agreeing with Russia on anything right now, I dont think shes a plant.  She wants to stop our insistence on getting in the middle of every damn thing or at least having to do everything ourselves, of course Russia would like that, but is she 100% wrong? 

We're defending authoritarian governments from authoritarian governments, this is exactly what the founding fathers warned about in the dangers of entangled international relationships.  We claim to be a beacon of freedom but get silent when it would mean closing a strategic military base, like Bahrain during the Arab Spring. 

Strategic for what now?

2 hours ago, killerbee99 said:

I voted for Hillary because she was the better of the 2 crap sandwiches we got and always felt whichever one won would be a one term president.. .. Clinton's problem was just too much political baggage.... I will vote for Warren if she wins the Dem primary as well bcos she ain't no **** sandwich and is better than the steaming pile of turd sitting in the oval office right now

I wouldn’t have said it when Trump was elected but now I think it’s pretty clear Clinton would have been infinitely better. Which ain’t saying much. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

And so you continue your streak of having the worst takes on the board

What about that guy who said we’d beat the Patriots? ;)

Clinton had her chance to be a leader and failed miserably. In fact, every position she’s held she’s done a ****ty job at.

sad part is we are STILL wasting time talking about her. Gabbard is polling at 2 percent. Assuming half of her supports are willing to screw the Democratic Party that’s one percent of the vote. Normally I’d say one percent matters, but there is no way Trump is wining Ohio and Pennsylvania again.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

So, at this point, we should acknowledge that yes, liberals are subject to the cult of personality syndrome. 

At this point, there is a chance to finally have a true progressive champion in the White House. She has a legit chance to win. But instead of trying to help her, we see people like AOC and Moore desperately trying to prop up a guy who has zero chance because they can't move forward.

Sad.

11 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So, at this point, we should acknowledge that yes, liberals are subject to the cult of personality syndrome. 

At this point, there is a chance to finally have a true progressive champion in the White House. She has a legit chance to win. But instead of trying to help her, we see people like AOC and Moore desperately trying to prop up a guy who has zero chance because they can't move forward.

Sad.

Couldnt agree more in these endorsements, it feels like an act of desperation to save his campaign.  He just had a heart attack, he not going to make it 8 years doing arguably the most stressful job in the world. 

So, watching Moore on the Last Word and seeing his endorsement decision creates a confusing picture. He just kept talking about how the future is female and how Dems win when women run, then says he's supporting Sanders. He's asked why not Warren and he says she's his second choice and does nothing but praise her. He asks 'wouldn't it be great to have two women on the ticket?' (yeah, but you're fighting against such a thing happening).

Really felt like he knows Bernie is done, but he just can't let it go.I really wonder if Bernie, or people from his campaign, reached out to these people and said "Please, we are desperate, we need help"

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Shes the poster child for what it looks like agreeing with Russia on anything right now, I dont think shes a plant.  She wants to stop our insistence on getting in the middle of every damn thing or at least having to do everything ourselves, of course Russia would like that, but is she 100% wrong? 

This is an idiotic take.  She may not literally be working for Putin but she sure as hell has done what she can to make it seem like she is...for years now.

She repeats Russian propaganda and whataboutisms, and went out of her way to white wash mass murder and chemical weapons war crimes in Syria, she whines about the Mueller investigation and impeachment and she’s constantly defended and supported by Russia and fellow conspiracy theorists and racists. Oh and she also has a history of going on Tucker Carlson’s show to bash Democrats and Russia Today to complain about  America.

There are anti-war/anti-intervention folks out there with integrity.  Meanwhile Tulsi was complaining that Obama wasn’t supporting Putin’s bombing campaign in Syria (which primarily targeted hospitals and public areas and was intended to make opposition areas unlivable) and wasn’t bombing enough people. 

😦

16 minutes ago, visionary said:

This is an idiotic take.  She may not literally be working for Putin but she sure as hell has done what she can to make it seem like she is...for years now.

She repeats Russian propaganda and whataboutisms, and went out of her way to white wash mass murder and chemical weapons war crimes in Syria, she whines about the Mueller investigation and impeachment and she’s constantly defended and supported by Russia and fellow conspiracy theorists and racists. Oh and she also has a history of going on Tucker Carlson’s show to bash Democrats and Russia Today to complain about  America.

If you want to make the arguement she tried to hard to seem impartial on whether Assad used chemical weapons, I agree, her backtrack did not work.

But I spoke specifically to US intervention overseas and the dangers of saying someone who is basically an isolationist is doing it for Russia.

When I made the thread about even discussing leaving NATO the thread devolved into people accusing each other of Russian talking points, now were talking about whether to sanction Turkey or kick them out if NATO.

For Hillary to even insinuate that candidates like Tulai could be getting backed by the Russians without an investigation is going to backfire and give Tusli the type of victim attention she doesnt deserve.  We cant be afraid to have these conversations, I'm more concerned about what seems to be her outward admission if realpolitik, but there are generals that feel we can and should close our overseas bases.  

I agree with calling her out, I do not agree with throwing around the traitor tag, that is a dangerous label that's going to prevent honest conversations about our foreign policy.  I hate what Pete did insinuating that because she wanted to get out of Syria she supported how Trump did it, that's not what shes doing.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

We're defending authoritarian governments from authoritarian governments, this is exactly what the founding fathers warned about in the dangers of entangled international relationships.  We claim to be a beacon of freedom but get silent when it would mean closing a strategic military base, like Bahrain during the Arab Spring. 

Strategic for what now?

Man, I agree with a lot of this. I don’t think she is working with the Russians at all, but she is a narcissist and clout chaser. Gabbard is a useful idiot for Russia, and is a right-wing Democrat. But her views on foreign policy are close to what we should be aiming. 

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Isn’t Bernie a progressive champion?

They agree with his policies more than Warren. Let them do that.

11 minutes ago, visionary said:

What actually is her foreign policy?  Go back and look over her comments recently and over the years.  I think you might be surprised, lol.

She isn’t anti-intervention or anti-war.

I mean, what makes you think I havent? 

From what I gather shes want to treat war more as a last resort it should be because of how much money it costs should be going to homeland investment, that foesnt mean taking war completely off the table. 

Shes making the arguement we cant keep troops places indefinitely at the costs of trillions of dollars an expect to afford stuff like infrastructure and MFA.  Shes right, the **** will bankrupt us and we dont look at it that because defense contractors are for profit and people keep helping us cover or deficits without asking questions.

20 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Man, I agree with a lot of this. I don’t think she is working with the Russians at all, but she is a narcissist and clout chaser. Gabbard is a useful idiot for Russia, and is a right-wing Democrat. But her views on foreign policy are close to what we should be aiming. 

Ya, I've tried to defend her when shes right for a while now, but she makes it straight up impossible when shes wrong.

Archived