Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

What will be interesting to me is how this is handled at Hershey Park. Every year I've been there, they use the OK hand gesture as a means of communication between the person who starts the ride and the person checking for safety as people get in the ride's seats. I wonder if it'll change this summer. I noticed it last year and was wondering how much longer it'll be until they have to change the gesture.

On 5/15/2019 at 5:01 AM, FunkedUp said:

Oh no, now Stephen Fry is now a White Supremacist

https://twitter.com/stephenfry/status/1127844934734700545

Not that this deserved a response but I've been gone 2 weeks. 😁

The a-ok sign like Fry used here isn't the same as the one co-opted by supremicist wingnut magatards and wasn't being used for the same reason. The intent was clear and spelled out clearly and to be frank, Fry was silly to even have to explain it. The fact that he did so further eradicated any silly take some people might have had on it...but I see that was originally lost of one of you.

Nice try. Not really. 

Ugh edited because of fat thumbs. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 1

On 5/24/2019 at 8:21 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Not that this deserved a response but I've been gone 2 weeks. 😁

The a-ok sign like Fry used here isn't the same as the one co-opted by supremicist wingnut magatards and wasn't being used for the same reason. The intent was clear and spelled out clearly and to be frank, Fry was silly to even have to explain it. The fact that he did so further eradicated any silly take some people might have had on it...but I see that was originally lost of one of you.

So what you are saying is, "Ok signs for me, but not for thee." Where thee are those who hold different opinions than you, aka White Supremacist. 

I would suggest that Fry's explanation wasn't silly but rather futile. He was pointing the finger at the totalitarianistic PC community's efforts to stifle free expression, not Neo-Nazis. He was on target, but the target perceived itself unassailable. My guess is that if you read a bit of Fry's work you would see that, or surmise he is a Gay Neo-Nazi. 

1 hour ago, FunkedUp said:

So what you are saying is, "Ok signs for me, but not for thee." Where thee are those who hold different opinions than you, aka White Supremacist. 

So what you are saying is it's it's terrible the way people are condemning openly White Supremacists and Nazis merely because they're openly White Supremacists and Nazis. 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

So what you are saying is it's it's terrible the way people are condemning openly White Supremacists and Nazis merely because they're openly White Supremacists and Nazis. 

Your complicit support for unequal rights to freedom of expression is what I find terrible. But continue to wrap yourself in that warm cloak of self-righteousness. Your fighting Nazis, and the ends justify the means, 👌?

Edited by FunkedUp

31 minutes ago, FunkedUp said:

Your complicit support for unequal rights to freedom of expression is what I find terrible. But continue to wrap yourself in that warm cloak of self-righteousness. Your fighting Nazis, and the ends justify the means, 👌?

Actually yeah when *you’re* fighting Nazis the ends do justify the means. Thought this was common knowledge. 

We fight the biggest war in history against fascism just so the fascists can have equal rights among those who defeated them?

In this regard, there are four types of people right now.

those who know what Nazis are and what they stand for and are willing to fight them again, 

those who know what Nazis are and what they stand for and are willing to fight FOR those ideals again,

morons who pretend their right to be fascists is something any decent person should ever stand for,

and utter idiots who don't understand any of it, but think it's all just fine anyway because they are too stupid to do anything but follow the herd.

**** that, and **** them.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, FunkedUp said:

Your complicit support for unequal rights to freedom of expression is what I find terrible.

So stop imagining it.  (I'm giving you credit for imagining it, as opposed to knowingly falsely claiming it.)  

(Oh, and while you're at it, stop performing the action that you're falsely attributing to others, too.)  

Far as I'm aware, not one person in this thread has suggested that Nazis don;t have equal rights of expression.  (And I'm absolutely certain that I haven't.  The fact that the ACLU occasionally stands for freedom of expression for groups like Nazis and NAMBLA wasn't exactly the reason why I recently re-joined.  But it is one example of what I see as a moral position I support.)  

However, while Nazis absolutely do have a right to reveal that they're Nazis, there's no rule saying that the rest of society needs to respect their opinions.  The rest of society has the right to express contempt and ridicule them.  

just like they have the right to laugh at (or express contempt for) people who come into message boards to express, in writing, how unfair it is that the big, bad, boogyman of ****PC!!!!**** is picking on the poor widdle Nazis and White Supremicists, simply because they "hold different opinions from you".  

8 minutes ago, Bang said:

We fight the biggest war in history against fascism just so the fascists can have equal rights among those who defeated them?

That's America.  

(And yes, it's one of the good things about America.  Dare I say, one of the things that made us Great?)

Edited by Larry

10 minutes ago, Larry said:

So stop imagining it.  (I'm giving you credit for imagining it, as opposed to knowingly falsely claiming it.)  

(Oh, and while you're at it, stop performing the action that you're falsely attributing to others, too.)  

👌, I will take what you say in good faith. But I think you are all virtue signalling Fascist. 

And do me a favour, keep the machetes away from Bang. I hate to lose my hand while supporting mental health awareness. 👌