Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Emerging Technologies....They Might Have Cured Cancer….Also Leaf Blower Silencers!

PleaseBlitz

Elon is being willfully ignorant to the problems with platforms allowing an anything goes approach. 

I love Trump not being on Twitter cause he’s trying to destroy democracy. Maybe Musk would prefer an authoritarian style government.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Profoundly unpleasant.

Just what we need: a completely unaccountable twitter troll running twitter by himself. That would be a disaster because he'd probably treat it the same way he treats it now...everything done on a whim and for attention.

Hopefully this is just a publicity stunt like a lot of his nonsense.

I'm a believer in free speech.  But the free speech absolutists think that means they should be able to say whatever they want and not have to suffer any consequences.  

Twitter is a private platform with a Terms of Service/Terms of Use agreement.  Yes, you can say whatever you want on there, but there are consequences.  

That said, while I like Twitter and use it every day to look at stuff (sports and entertainment, some news but not too much), I'd be curious to see what Elon does with it.  If he drives it into the ground, well so be it.  I happen to think most of Twitter is a cesspool and has done enough damage to society.  

• Thumb up 2

25 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Well, he is sorta manipulating the stock price after buying a bunch of it.  

That’s the same thing he did when he said we was gonna take Tesla private at $420 a share and again when he said Tesla stock was over valued.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

People are always shocked when they learn he didn't start Tesla. He funded part of it..but it wasn't his idea at all.

This is a tall tale. Tesla when it was founded was a electrical vehicular conversion company. They took stock parts and put them into gas cars turning them into EVs. 

Today Tesla one of the most valuable car manufacturers in the world. 

Of course he created Tesla. 

BTW, you don’t get credit for an idea. You get credit for the ideas execution.  

Tesla and Edison were both working on electricity.  Edison didn’t invent the light bulb either. The difference is that Edison executed  better and won in both cases.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

That’s the same thing he did when he said we was gonna take Tesla private at $420 a share and again when he said Tesla stock was over valued.

Yea, and didn't he get banged for $50 million on that one?  I think this is very similar, but the precise timing of when he bought and sold shares and made comments really matters. 

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, and didn't he get banged for $50 million on that one?  I think this is very similar, but the precise timing of when he bought and sold shares and made comments really matters. 

Yep. Him and Tesla each. And he had to get his tweets reviewed by Tesla legal prior to tweeting. We see how they is going.

Obviously money isn’t a strong enough deterrent.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/14/elon-musk-not-sure-hell-be-able-to-buy-twitter.html

Billionaire Tesla CEO Elon Musk acknowledged Thursday he is “not sure” he’ll actually be able to buy Twitter, hours after he revealed a $43 billion offer.

Musk comments came at the TED2022 conference in Vancouver just hours after he revealed in a regulatory filing Thursday that he offered $54.20 per share to buy the platform. Twitter confirmed it had received the bid but its board must still review the offer, which values shares much lower than the $70 they reached last summer. But Musk had said the offer would be his “best and final” one.

If you look closely you’ll see another 420 joke….

• Haha 1