Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

Biden pardons marijuana use nationwide. Here's what that means

President Joe Biden announced Friday he's issuing a federal pardon to every American who has used marijuana in the past, including those who were never arrested or prosecuted.

The sweeping pardon applies to all U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents in possession of marijuana for their personal use and those convicted of similar federal crimes. It also forgives pot users in the District of Columbia. It does not apply to individuals who have been jailed for selling the drug, which is illegal under federal law, or other marijuana offenses such as driving under the influence of an illegal substance.

The implication of Biden's pardon promises to have significant implications, as criminal records for marijuana use and possession have imposed barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities. However, the pardons do not apply to people who violated state law, and anyone who wants to receive proof of a pardon will have to apply through the Department of Justice.

Click on the link for the full article

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

20 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Waiting to see how this affects military recruitment. 

Oh and will this apply going forward? In that federal use is essentially "legal" if every puff is pardoned?

Good question.

I'll believe they aren't testing for weed for clearances when they formally say they aren't.

Some businesses have already announced they aren't, but that's private sector, not their job to enforce the law like public sector is.

Edited by Renegade7

• 2 weeks later...

The 82-year-old dementia patient’s condition stumped his psychiatrist. His anxiety was overwhelming, she recalled him saying. He had repeatedly gone to the emergency room after intense abdominal pain and vomiting. He insisted he never drank or smoked tobacco. 

Then he told her medical assistant how he fell asleep: “Two hits of Burmese Kush, and I’m good to go.” 

That’s when it clicked: His nightly marijuana habit could be causing problems. 

“I said, ‘I thought you said you don’t use drugs,’ and he said, ‘I don’t. That’s my medicine,’” said Libby Stuyt, the Colorado psychiatrist who treated the patient three years ago. 

Seniors are increasingly embracing cannabis, often for relief from aches and insomnia that come with age. According to a 2022 federal survey, 8 percent of people 65 and older reported having used marijuana in the past year. The rate has roughly doubled in seven years, according to estimates.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Study claims smoking weed before working out can boost motivation - and make it more fun

About 80 percent of cannabis users have mixed weed and working out - and a new study has revealed there could be a method to what some may call madness.

Researchers at the University of Colorado Boulder conducted 'a first-of-a-kind study' that found smoking weed before hitting the gym increases motivation and enjoyment.

Participants hopped on treadmills for 30 minutes after using the drug and found not only did the time appear to pass by, but the workout felt harder than when they ran sober.

The team suspected the 'runner's high' stemmed from the drug tapping into naturally produced brain chemicals that made individuals feel euphoric and alert.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Marijuana meets criteria for reclassification as lower-risk drug, FDA scientific review finds

Marijuana has a lower potential for abuse than other drugs that are subjected to the same restrictions, with scientific support for its use as a medical treatment, researchers from the US Food and Drug Administration say in documents supporting its reclassification as a Schedule III substance.

Marijuana is currently classified as Schedule I, reserved for the most dangerous controlled substances, including heroin and LSD. In 2022, President Joe Biden asked US Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra and the attorney general to begin the administrative process of reviewing how marijuana is scheduled under federal law. HHS Assistant Secretary for Health Adm. Rachel Levine wrote a letter to the Drug Enforcement Administration in August in which she supported the reclassification to Schedule III, a list that includes “drugs with a moderate to low potential for physical and psychological dependence” such as ketamine, testosterone and Tylenol with codeine.

The FDA documents, which are posted online, “reflect HHS’ evaluation of the scientific and medical evidence and its scheduling recommendation” to the Department of Justice, HHS said Friday.

• Thumb up 3

'It Starts Bombing You in the Head': The Mystery of the Super Strong 'Creepy' Weed

Underground Chilean rapper Wolf 707 sat in a park in Santiago, smirking at the question—what is “creepy” marijuana?

Wolf 707 is as good an expert as any on the subject, often rapping about creepy, telling VICE News he smokes weed “everyday, all day.” Sometimes “every 10, 20 minutes.”

In one hypnotic song called “Blunts”, the rapper ruminated in a velvety flow on the mysterious substance in Spanish, perhaps best translated as “always burning, I feel happy/they tell us bad news, I’m not even there/You wanna smoke, you gotta earn it/I want that ‘creepy’ skull pain.”

The headache he mentions on the track is a common affect of creepy, he said, especially when you smoke the creepy negro (black).

“It starts like bombing you in the head, it’s like boom boom boom. And then the pain comes. The strong creepy, you gotta hit it with caution brother,” he said.

“I’ve tried creepy that has a flavor like gasoline,” he said. “One time I was smoking with some friends, it had like an anaesthetic, like I smoked the creepy and my mouth fell asleep. There’s different ways they mix it, variations like that.”

• Thumb down 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Getting closer in VA...

'Team effort' compromise bill on marijuana sales moves forward in Virginia: 'It's been a hard road'

RICHMOND, Va. -- Advocates are celebrating a compromise bill that would create a retail market for marijuana sales in Virginia.

"This was a truly team effort from every aspect of our Commonwealth," Sen. Aaron Rouse (D — Virginia Beach) said Friday.

Before now competing proposals had been moving through the Virginia Senate and House of Delegates.

The bill would allow the licensing process for recreational sales of the drug to begin in September with retail sales starting May 1, 2025.

Additionally, the bill still needs to clear both full chambers before making it to Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin's desk.

When asked about his plans if a bill reached his desk, a spokesperson for Youngkin pointed to comments the governor made at the start of session that retail marijuana sales are not an area he is interested in pressing forward on.

https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/compromise-bill-retail-marijuana-sales-virginia-progresses-feb-23-2023

Marijuana use as little as once per month linked to heart attack and stroke risk

Using marijuana as little as once per month is associated with a higher risk of both heart attack and stroke, according to a large study published Wednesday by researchers from Massachusetts General Hospital. The risks rose sharply the more frequently marijuana was used.

The paper, which was published in the Journal of the American Heart Association, adds to the growing body of evidence suggesting marijuana may be harmful to the cardiovascular system.

Scientists analyzed data on nearly 435,000 patients, ages 18 to 74, to see whether there was a link between marijuana use and a higher risk of heart disease, stroke or heart attack. The data came from a behavioral risk factor survey collected from 2016 to 2020 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Compared with people who had never used marijuana, daily cannabis users had 25% higher likelihood of heart attacks and 42% higher risk of strokes. People who used marijuana just once a week had a 3% increased likelihood of a heart attacks and 5% higher risk of strokes during the study time frame.

The study is among the largest to show a connection between marijuana use and cardiovascular health in people who don’t also smoke tobacco, said lead researcher Abra Jeffers, a data scientist at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Nearly 75% of people in the study reported smoking as the most common way they got high. They also consumed edibles and vaped. The study did not specifically look at the risks of smoking marijuana compared to edibles.

I would be curious about the difference between whether it was smoked or taken as an edible.  It is well known that there is a lot of tar in MJ and putting any burning smoke in you lungs isn't healthy.  So is it the weed or the smoke?

• Sad 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Kids are napping, Wifey heading out...

What to do, what to do...

Decisions, decisions...

You could always see what this guy is up to these days...

Spoiler

RDT_20240420_1249156119910445419087245.jpg.34cc0c2c11bf843cb642e73b870d7b1d.jpg

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Chew said:

Happy 420, fellow stoners 😵‍💫

Tonight's forecast for 4/20 on the Rocks -- 36° and snow.  ****.  

Happy day to everyone! 

If it's any consolation, it was 85 a couple days ago, the high :ols: tomorrow is going to be 55.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2