Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Texas court dismisses Paxton lawsuit against Yelp over crisis pregnancy center labeling

A district court in the state of Texas has dismissed a lawsuit brought by Attorney General Ken Paxton against Yelp, after he claimed the company misled the public that crisis pregnancy centers in the state offer limited services.

A judge in Bastrop County dismissed “with prejudice” all claims against Yelp in an order filed Wednesday.

After the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade with the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization decision, Yelp began notifying users that crisis pregnancy centers “typically provide limited medical services and may not have licensed medical professionals onsite.”

Paxton sued Yelp last September, arguing that the language was misleading. Yelp, which is represented by the law firm Haynes and Boone, LLP, changed its language to say “Crisis Pregnancy Centers do not offer abortions or referrals to abortion providers.”

The Texas attorney general argued that the review site violated the Texas Deceptive Trade Practice Act for “inaccurate and misleading language.” Paxton’s lawsuit said the company can’t mislead the public because it “disagrees with our state’s abortion laws.”

Yelp preemptively sued Paxton last year in federal court in the Northern District of California, in an effort to get the state lawsuit tossed. It was dismissed under a Supreme Court precedent that prevents federal courts from hearing a case by someone being prosecuted in state court. Yelp is appealing the dismissal of its federal lawsuit.

Click on the link for the full article

With the transgender care ruling that's two L's for Paxton

• Like 2

[Trump supporter on a flight with an old lady tweet]

It's funny, but I assume we all know this is just an old joke repurposed, not an actual occurrence on a flight, right?

Edited by dfitzo53

Just five days after Election Day in 2020, a conservative lawyer named Kenneth Chesebro emailed a former judge who was working for the Trump campaign in Wisconsin, James R. Troupis, pitching an idea for how to overturn the results.

Through litigation, Mr. Chesebro said, the Trump campaign could allege “various systemic abuses” and, with court proceedings pending, encourage legislatures to appoint “alternative” pro-Trump electors that could be certified instead of the Biden electors chosen by the voters.

“At minimum, with such a cloud of confusion, no votes from WI (and perhaps also MI and PA) should be counted, perhaps enough to throw the election to the House,” Mr. Chesebro wrote to Mr. Troupis, referring to the swing states of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Mr. Troupis quickly brought Mr. Chesebro into the Trump legal team, directed him to lay out the plans in a series of memos now central to the indictment of Donald J. Trump and a month later — with the help of Reince Priebus, the former White House chief of staff — secured a meeting with Mr. Trump at the White House.

The email is the earliest known evidence of Mr. Chesebro’s involvement in what would become known as the false elector plot. It was released Monday along with a trove of more than 1,400 pages of text messages and emails belonging to Mr. Troupis and Mr. Chesebro as they settled a lawsuit against them filed in Wisconsin.

Taken together, the documents show in new detail how the Trump campaign’s litigation strategy was not designed to win in court as much as it was designed to give cover for their political efforts. And they underscore the central role that Mr. Troupis — previously a little-known figure in the effort to overturn the election — played in furthering the plans.

• Thanks 3

Rebellions must be CRUSHED.

I am so ****ing tired of this garbage in this country.

We all know all of this. If it doesn't work once and you don't do the utmost to prevent it, it will happen again. There is a REASON treason is punishable by death practically universally, and i am not being hyperbolic at all. 
These people tried to violently overthrow our government, and they were aided by sitting members of congress and the outgoing President of the United States who TRIED TO HAVE THE VP KILLED.
We have not only let them off easy, we have normalized what they have done with cowardly journalism and it will enable them again. Right now as i type and as you read there are propaganda outlets operating right on TV telling them to do it again, fomenting the feelings that drive it, and directing their audience specifically at their enemies. 
And hey, we let it happen. We're too afraid to be the adults in the room. We will be overly cautious about rights, which I agree with until a point, and these rights are being used against us.

And they will do it again, and this time it'll be more violent. This time they will have learned.

Best be ready.

~Bang

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

Well I voted for Katie Porter last week (yay for vote by mail). Looks like Adam Schiff is going to get the Dem nom..and sadly his use of the anti Steve Garvey ads is going to probably drag Garvey into the top two vote getters (and he will be the other choice for voters in November). Thought Porter was the easy choice but apparently the state preferred Schiff. 

Fwiw, Schiff wins easily if it's Schiff vs Garvey in November. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

28 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Get your popcorn ready.

Great! Taxpayers won't have to pay her expensive retirement and health insurance for the rest of her life. Maybe she should go home and concentrate on raising her children since her ex husband hasn't done such a good job. There's three younger one at home that could be saved if she herself grows up.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bang said:

Idea:
When Boebert does lose, let's persecute her and her entire family.

Just for the fun of it.

~Bang

I have responded to her emails in the most vile ways possible & I keep getting asked for contributions.  

Best have better **** than me, and I've thrown a lot...called her all kinds of names, including the true ones.  :ols:

That b-word knows no shame. 

• Like 1