Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***The All-Encompassing ES Hip Hop Thread***

RonArtest15

29 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I skipped Royce but I’m gonna have to give it a look.

Never skip Royce, not many on his level at the moment

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Vinnie Paz from Jedi Mind Tricks dropped an album recently.  It's hot.  Violent By Design is a top 25 hip hop album all time for me.  Legendary underground release that influenced a lot of cats.  Stoupe's production on that album is epic.  Dark dramatic and riveting beats.

Violent By Design is one of my favorites. 

Paz's current work is hard for me to listen to now though. Really good material, but he sounds like he raps with rocks in his mouth.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Just curious to what you find incredible about it

Brings me back to the old days when Em first came out and his flow was just so nice.  Rather than trying to be the fastest, or most technically sound, he had the best sound.

Edited by Springfield

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Brings me back to the old days when Em first came out and his flow was just so nice.  Rather than trying to be the fastest, or most technically sound, he had the best sound.

He had his old school sound but I was thoroughly unimpressed. Maybe the beat he wont feelin too much which neither was i but I was watching waitin for him to go berserk amd he never did but then again in freestyle ciphers a lot of times u get cut off before u get the juice flowin...happened to me quite a bit. Especially with him being known as a freestyler...I was expecting more but I never seen that video tho. Thanks for posting it

12 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

He had his old school sound but I was thoroughly unimpressed. Maybe the beat he wont feelin too much which neither was i but I was watching waitin for him to go berserk amd he never did but then again in freestyle ciphers a lot of times u get cut off before u get the juice flowin...happened to me quite a bit. Especially with him being known as a freestyler...I was expecting more but I never seen that video tho. Thanks for posting it

That’s also another thing.  I hadn’t seen it ever before and I thought I had seen everything Em’s done... especially in that time frame.

All that stuff right after he blew up.  I had the old Infinite LP from before Slim Shady.  Then after he blew up he had a bunch of stuff that wasn’t a major release with those Invasion mixtapes.  The stuff with D-12.  That’s all vintage Em to me.

V Don is a producer from New York.  One of the best new generation producers and a named to remember.  He has worked with Willie the Kid, Lil Eto, and many others.  He makes sonically dense beats with lots of effects, in the same vein as Alchemist.   Very gritty and hypnotic like the beat above.  Check him out, I've been vibing to his music tonight.  He has lots of instrumental albums, but the one with Lil Eto is the best one imo. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 7:01 PM, StillUnknown said:

i wasn't scared until i saw that album actually came out

that has to be sign of the end of days

gave it a couple of spins earlier, its good. Electronica always had a sharp pen, but it damn sure aint good enough after a 10+ year hiatus

My sentiments exactly.

Jadakiss album was a letdown as well.

Edited by -JB-

The only Jadakiss album I really liked was his first one with Knock Yourself Out and We Gon Make It.  Two iconic hip hop songs for me.  I think there was another one on there that I loved too.  Been a while.

I'd love a new Kung Fu Kenny album.  Gotta be one coming soon.  Damn is still a beast of an album though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...