Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

The timing is obvious and it's probably going to work... One if the Sunday talk show hosts was on WTOP this morning and when asked if this would be z topic, he said given the unemployment report he didn't see how anything else would fit.

I was wondering when they were going to do this (and what else they might have slipped past while everyone's focus is elsewhere).

I guess the optimistic side is maybe MORE people are paying attention because they're home with nothing else to do.

• Like 1

lines will be drawn between 'two sides" with even more clarity as more of this kind of stuff by the gopers mounts.... and it will

my prediction is this is the time for the big push so many of them have been dreaming of and actuality planning for decades....they're finally going for it, their version of "democracy" or a republic or whatever they choose to call it that's achieved by whatever corrupt, foul, crazy, self-centered grievance/blame-fueled---even life ending for many---means necessary once the belief they can actually pull it off is widespread enough among leadership and constituency and i think that ship sailed a while ago

hopefully, the prediction is overly grim/pessimistic/cynical or even hyperbolic, or i'm over-estimating the gop's ability to make it work and get away with it

7 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

lines will be drawn between 'two sides" with even more clarity as more of this kind of stuff by the gopers mounts.... and it will

my prediction is this is the time for the big push so many of them have been dreaming of and actuality planning for decades....they're finally going for it, their version of "democracy" or a republic or whatever they choose to call it that's achieved by whatever corrupt, foul, crazy, self-centered grievance/blame-fueled---even life ending for many---means necessary once the belief they can actually pull it off is widespread enough among leadership and constituency and i think that ship sailed a while ago

hopefully, the prediction is overly grim/pessimistic/cynical or even hyperbolic, or i'm over-estimating the gop's ability to make it work and get away with it

Well, if the GOP wins full control; then they got away with it and you haven't seen what they do with that in 2021.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

The concept of a new “civil war” or events along that theme have been discussed across multiple threads discussing whether it would happen or not or was even possible.  I think at this point it is needed.  **** is bad and at this point I don’t see another way of fixing it.  People think the next election will change things.  And it MAY for an election cycle.  But that still won’t stop the rot that almost half our nation has become.

• Like 1

Oh p-shaw.
I mean, so they pardoned a traitor who admitted his treason, plead guilty and was convicted.
Look, in November we all get to vote and all of it goes away.

'K?
There. Now quit all your fretting. 

Jumbo is right. this is their push. McConnell has already cornered the Judicial to green light ANYTHING they want to do. The AG lets them do ANYTHING they want to do. The President and his administration are actively trying to foster (at the very LEAST tacitly approve of)  revolt in blue states, and is trying to limit emergency gear to those states, which is indirectly or directly, whichever way you want to see it causing people to die. 

Absolutely NONE of their actions suggest that they will even allow a fair election, much less accept the result of one if it isn't in their favor. 
Believing so is unbelievably naive and totally ignorant of what they are doing and the purposes for it.

Every DAY is another step down the road... and sometimes, like this week,, it is a big gigantic LEAP down that road.  The ****ing AG says in response to his literally giving a traitor a free pass that "history is written by the winners"... what exactly do you think he meant by that? "We will accept it if we don't win?" 
They just dropped charges against an ADMITTED TRAITOR.

Violence is coming. 

~Bang

Edited by Bang