Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

21 minutes ago, Larry said:

Surprised that 

1)  It needed to be said.

2)  It took so long.  

3)  Anybody thinks it's news.  

It is a change in policy that has stood since Reagan, so I think it os newsworthy.  It's not surprising though.  Trump's goal has always been autocracy, and a good way to do that is choke off information.

This will, however, likely cause more leaks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

"The United States" has publicly denied...  I think you mean "The Trump administration."  And they've given us plenty of reason not to believe anything they say unless it is independently verified.

To to be more specific, the state department. NBCnews refered to them as "the United States" in the article a read. I didn't post it when I read it because I expected Trump to post on twitter that he hasn't made up his mind

44 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Kind of expect them to invoke exec priv to stop Comey from testifying. Why wouldn't they? Seems they aren't worried about a cover-up. 

It would make Trump look guilty as sin, especially if you consider he tried to jump on Dems for "blocking" Page from "testifying."

Weighing whether non-classified testimony is more damning than the fallout from blocking the testimony altogether.

• Like 1

Just now, Isifhan said:

Does exec privilege stop Comey from testifying in any setting or just public settings?

Just now, Isifhan said:

Does exec privilege stop Comey from testifying in any setting or just public settings?

From what I hear, they may not have standing to invoke Exec privilege since they have been talking about the issue publicly through the media and twitter. They can hardly claim the issues are secret if they are openly blathering themselves.

It's a muddy question though. It would be another breaking of precedent if a Pres invoked Exec privilege not to protect national security, but his own personal interests from scrutiny.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It's a muddy question though. It would be another breaking of precedent if a Pres invoked Exec privilege not to protect national security, but his own personal interests from scrutiny.

If there's a tiny sliver of bending the rules so that he can cover his ass he will do so. I'm sure of it. 

Just now, Isifhan said:

If there's a tiny sliver of bending the rules so that he can cover his ass he will do so. I'm sure of it. 

I think the question is whether they  care about appearances at all. If they  do, blocking Comey better come with a damn good reason. Otherwise, it looks really, really shady. Not sure even twa would think otherwise. Nah, who'm I kidding. Twa would spin it in a heartbeat ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I think the question is whether they  care about appearances at all. If they  do, blocking Comey better come with a damn good reason. Otherwise, it looks really, really shady. Not sure even twa would think otherwise. Nah, who'm I kidding. Twa would spin it in a heartbeat ;)

Since when has The Beloved Leader cared about appearances, he courts controversy, he's actively pandering to his lunatic base. (If you are a member of his base, then yes YOU are a lunatic) He relished the fact that he pissed off Europe. He's actively flipping the finger to everyone who opposes him. Please for the love of all that's holy something has to take this **** down. There is not a single redeeming qualit about Trump that I can find.

• Like 1

Executive privilege does not pertain to illegal actions, it is meant to prevent fishing and interference in executive action.

If Comey thinks what was said is a crime he is free to relate that part.

7 minutes ago, twa said:

Executive privilege does not pertain to illegal actions, it is meant to prevent fishing and interference in executive action.

If Comey thinks what was said is a crime he is free to relate that part.

And I'm sure he knows the definition of "obstruction of justice", and will relate that part.:evil:

9 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

And I'm sure he knows the definition of "obstruction of justice", and will relate that part.:evil:

Odd he hasn't yet, despite opportunity.

But maybe upon reflection something will appear. 

4 minutes ago, twa said:

Odd he hasn't yet, despite opportunity.

But maybe upon reflection something will appear. 

His "reflection" was recorded in memos as the conversations were concluded.  If he reads his own notes, I think what "appears" will not be what the mental patient wants to see...and I don't know that Ivanka has shown him how to make those bracelets fashionable and "I have the most strong and shiny bracelets" probably isn't gonna cut it.

• Like 1