Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

U.S. Congress Part 116

thebluefood

I could see a thread about the Dems.  Lord knows there's enough about Trump.  

(Which is understandable, since Trump and the R's are the ones who are going to be actually, you know, doing things worth talking about.  At least for a while.)  

It's the off season, and we haven't had the draft, yet.  Maybe call it the "Mr. Irrelevant" thread? :) 

Edited by Larry
  • Like 2

Think this article was posted somewhere, but the compensation part of this excerpt struck me as pretty ridiculous, especially from a Tea Partier.   Maybe I'm looking at it wrong... 

Scott said Sunday that he used the lunch to press for principles he has pushed publicly, such as financial compensation for states that did not expand Medicaid under the ACA and the importance of providing competition and cutting required benefits to allow people to “buy insurance that fits them.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/a-divided-white-house-still-offers-little-guidance-on-replacing-obamacare/2017/02/26/3981bb8c-fb8c-11e6-be05-1a3817ac21a5_story.html?utm_term=.2f4de7271713

I hate to say it, but I'm glad Trump listened to Kasich, though he still seems brazenly clueless about the subject. 

Rugs are Oriental. People are Asian. :)

Joe Manchin is full of it. Of course he cares about being elected. His track record going back well over twenty years proves it. The politico article mentions a number of such instances. Though I do love the fact he's talking on his phone in front of a portrait of himself. Classi...

• Like 3

I'm quoting Senator Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas) on MoJoe:  "I would much sooner get health care reform right than get it fast." 

(Yes, take a couple seconds to read it again.  Now shake your head really hard, side to side, and read it again.)

Anybody feel good about how Republicans are attempting to get their points across to the American public? 

1 hour ago, DCranon21 said:

Senator Manchin you're the next contestant on Who will get primaried in 18. 

I think that's insane.  He's the only Democrat that could get elected in that state.  You tolerate him breaking with the party on 10% of issues so he can stay in office.

If the Democrats want to move left in the Senate, then do so in safe states like California and New York.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think that's insane.  He's the only Democrat that could get elected in that state.  You tolerate him breaking with the party on 10% of issues so he can stay in office.

If the Democrats want to move left in the Senate, then do so in safe states like California and New York.

Gotta agree here.  Not a fan of feeling forced to toe the party line when you have to deal with constituents that have different views in various parts of the country.  Although I disagree with Manchin in some areas, the centrist, open minded stance is something that's becoming rarer and rarer in today's politics.  Think about how you (general "you") feel as a liberal about Graham and McCain and then consider that Republican voters probably feel similarly about Manchin.  Don't like a lot of their policies (maybe any, lol), but I know they're generally decent people that I can have some respect for.  

Edited by skinny21

On 3/8/2017 at 8:31 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Personally, I can't stand him....but he's necessary.