Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I heard Hell or High Water is the best movie in two years.

boobiemiles

I haven't seen Hell or High Water, but the reviews are great.  I love movies.  I have two modern westerns that I like.  No country from old men, and True grit (Jeff Bridges).  I like Jeff Bridges period. I am planning  on seeing Hell or High Water on Wednesday by myself, and then the wife if I think she will like it. I hear the Hell or High Water is the best movie in two years.  

I did enjoy the reboot of True Grit but i still like the original

"Fill your hands you son of a ****" is an all time great line

heres some crazy movie trivia. The actress who played Maddie in the original true grit also played the mom in Better Off Dead

"you didn't like all the grease from fried bacon. So I boiled it"

"this one has the brownie. You like the brownie"

It does look pretty good but it has been pretty far under the radar. Currently sits at a 98% on rotten tomatoes and being a week past release is impressive 

Speaking of modern westerns, you didn't like 3:10 to Yuma with Christian Bale and Russell Crowe? Has to be my favorite western, I love it, you should check it out if you haven't 

31 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Speaking of modern westerns, you didn't like 3:10 to Yuma with Christian Bale and Russell Crowe? Has my favorite western, I love it, you should check it out if you haven't 

Beat me to it. Don't remember why but I saw that in theaters. Went in with no idea what it was about. Kicked ass. Great movie 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It does look pretty good but it has been pretty far under the radar. Currently sits at a 98% on rotten tomatoes and being a week past release is impressive 

Speaking of modern westerns, you didn't like 3:10 to Yuma with Christian Bale and Russell Crowe? Has my favorite western, I love it, you should check it out if you haven't 

I like 3:10.  But I can't get through the whole movie for some reason.  I'm going to watch it again. 

57 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Beat me to it. Don't remember why but I saw that in theaters. Went in with no idea what it was about. Kicked ass. Great movie 

Sadly I completely missed it in theaters but caught it on DVD release and fell in love ever since 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

@Momma There Goes That Man For my money the best modern Western score too imo. Loved it. 

Yeah the score is fantastic. Sets the tone perfectly for a lot of the scenes be it action or the slower dramatic scenes

I prefer Unforgiven to Tombstone, and I'd go with The Outlaw Josey Wales over a Few Dollars More.

I think Predicto has a point with Once Upon a Time in the West.

One lesser known western I enjoyed when it came out (1980) was The Long Riders (probably because it came out when I was in high school and had some good for the time slow motion shoot outs).

Archived