Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Ex-NFL star Darren Sharper gets 18 years in federal prison

roanoker

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/08/18/darren-sharper-sentenced-rape-federal-prison/88949020/

NEW ORLEANS -- Former NFL star Darren Sharper must serve a prison sentence of more than 18 years following his guilty pleas in a plot to drug women so as to make them easy to rape, a federal judge in New Orleans ruled Thursday.

According to our partners at The New Orleans Advocate, U.S. District Judge Jane Triche Milazzo handed down the punishment for Sharper, 41, six months after she rejected an earlier agreement that would have seen the former Saints safety serve nine years behind bars.

The higher sentence fell within the range of 15 to 19 years that a federal probation report recommended, based in part on the sheer number of victims -- 16 -- who came forward with charged and uncharged allegations against Sharper.

I think it was a fair ruling. Originally, the prosecutors recommended a 9 year sentence. The lady judge ended up giving him a few months short of the maximum sentence, allowed.

Besides, by the time he is set free, his thing probably won't work very well, anyway. So he likely won't be able to do anything like this again.

Couldnt stand that prick, going back to his days on NFL Network. You could tell the guy had an enormous ego. And while a very good player, I didn't much care for him on the field either.

Good riddance, scumbag!

The most pathetic and disturbing aspect of this (and Cosby as well) is that he didn't even need to drug women to get laid. Some of his accusers had apparently already consented to sex, but he apparently thrived on the power trip of rendering them unconscious first.

On 8/19/2016 at 7:38 AM, Riggo-toni said:

The most pathetic and disturbing aspect of this (and Cosby as well) is that he didn't even need to drug women to get laid. Some of his accusers had apparently already consented to sex, but he apparently thrived on the power trip of rendering them unconscious first.

Yeah, rape isn't really about getting laid....it's usually about power and control like you said, along with some anger issues in many cases.

What a sick minded, devious POS.  An excerpt from an 8/10/16 article in the WP reads:  " Fans excitedly cheered him when he later became an NFL analyst. While known for being a ladies’ man, he seemed like a dedicated father — a photo of him with an arm wrapped around his daughter appeared in “NFL Dads Dedicated to Daughters,” a book created by the NFL and A Call to Men, a national organization dedicated to raising awareness of domestic and sexual violence. In it, Sharper wrote, “My daughter makes me mindful of how women are treated: undervalued and exploited. Which is why I feel compelled to take advantage of this opportunity to speak up about domestic violence.” 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived