Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SWFL's Summer Camp: The official Twitter thread, RVA style, slip and slide included, boogers extra, Cheerleader=counselors

SWFLSkins

So it's done: Ryan Fitzpatrick agrees to a one-year, $12M deal, per ESPN's Adam Schefter. The recent Mo Wilkerson... http://espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0550091605801965154-4 

Great follow here.......

Im going to training camp tomorrow so stay tune for sick pics and videos! #TrainingCamp

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 24m24 minutes ago

Jay Gruden's pre-camp presser. What the Redskins coach said/what we heard. http://foxs.pt/2ahEROH 

CobPLFbUkAYOiJZ.jpg

Evanne Armour @Evanne8News 46m46 minutes ago

SUPER FANS! These cousins are first in line to see @Redskins training camp in #RVA. Gates open at 9:30AM! 1f3c8.png@8NEWS

Cocb7MfXgAAyCLI.jpg

Washington Redskins @Redskins 33s34 seconds ago

#Redskins place 5 on Active/Physically Unable to Perform list, one on Reserve/NFI list. 1f4f0.png: http://redsk.in/2asGqZw 

CocnMNCWcAA8_fU.jpg

ESPN 980 @espn980 18s19 seconds ago

LIVE in Richmond for #Redskins Training Camp! @kevins980 & @thecooleyzone STARTS RIGHT NOW on @espn980!

CocnRrkXgAAhJfo.jpg

@PrestonSmith94 never seen a guy going into his 2nd year work so hard Superstar in the making bro the world is yours rumble young Prince

Redskins place 5 on active/PUP list. Notably WR Josh Doctson (Achilles), OG Shawn Lauvao (ankle), LB Perry Riley (foot), TE Carrier (knee).

@redskin_potato I even have a visual. After this was created, skins moved past NYG and bmore.

Cocwwn5VMAA4bgL.jpg

Doctson missed significant time in OTA's, now up in the air how much camp he'll miss. This is a crucial time for a rookie. Hard to downplay.

RICHMOND, Virginia -- The Redskins placed five players on the physically unable to perform list: receiver Josh... http://es.pn/2afN1Dy 

Jay Gruden's pre-camp presser. What the Redskins coach said/what we heard. http://foxs.pt/2ahEROH 

CobPLFbUkAYOiJZ.jpg

Y'all really bagging on Doctson having a toe sprain1f62b.png1f602.png1f62d.png1f62d.png calm tf down....

@Mr_Henson51 It seems to be a continuous series, that's the concerning part.....hope to see him get the reps he needs, good news, loaded WRs

Coc0BfCWgAACWIF.jpg

Finally. #Redskins players are extremely excited to get started at #SkinsCamp. 1f4da.png: http://redsk.in/2a1Rlet 

Coc1CWMXYAENUrc.jpg

It's official start of @Redskins Season for me! Redskins Scrubs and Redskins Training camp! #HTTR #RedskinsTweetTeam

Only silver lining to Docston news: #Redskins have strong WR group, didnt need a ton from rook this yr. That's it though. That's the list

Docston's on the PUP list? Maybe I'm just being a pessimistic 'Skins fan, but why do I get the feeling he's never going to shake this injury this year?

Achilles injuries or issues are tricky things. The Redskins are probably being (wisely so) extra cautious with this.

The good news is, he is not essential to the offense this season.

The other interesting name on that list is Perry Riley. With him being on the PUP and having a $4 million cap hit, things aren't looking to good for him right now.

I'm sorry I can't keep quiet any more..calm the **** down?...toe sprain?..it's an Achilles!!..those linger all year I was realy realy looking forward to him getting some playing time in the pre season not to mention in the starting line up week 1...ya it's possible him being in the starting line up week 1 I see teams all across the NFL getting there high draft picks evolved early in the season and then see that rookie make a hell of an impact..I don't wanna see any more talk about calm down its gonna be a year before he plays Nooooo I want it NOW!!...well at least week 1 any who

@JPFinlayCSN If Doctson is limited it opens up room for Crowder....also makes you think back on the two signings early this week huh?

@johnnylocal yes on signings but door already wide open for Crowder. Starting slot WR

@JPFinlayCSN The Crowder comment just meant how many opt.s he would get, if looking for increased roles, maybe Paul just became more inclind

@JPFinlayCSN to be used in the RZ, maybe this opens up more 2/3 TE sets? Will be interested to see how Crowder is used, and 3 TE's they have

User Actions
 Following
WeC-2C1D_bigger.jpgJP Finlay@JPFinlayCSN

Achilles injuries or issues are tricky things. The Redskins are probably being (wisely so) extra cautious with this.

The good news is, he is not essential to the offense this season.

The other interesting name on that list is Perry Riley. With him being on the PUP and having a $4 million cap hit, things aren't looking to good for him right now.

@JPFinlayCSN Perry Riley. With him being on the PUP and having a $4 million cap hit, things aren't looking to good for him right now?

Rich Tandler Retweeted D.A.

Rich Tandler added,

D.A. @D_A_76
What's the benefit to Redskins by putting Gallete on IR as opposed to cut since he will be a FA at season end? @Rich_TandlerCSN

The Dockson injury is worrisome, but on the other hand its a position that we are totally loaded for Bear.  In a way it maybe a blessing in disguise because we can bring him along slowly and give him plays in the regular season when he is 100% healthy and acclimated to pro football.

Josh Doctson's stay on PUP list may end up being short. Doesn't mean you shouldn't worry some until you see him fully participate. #Redskins

@granthpaulsen Thank You Grant, some acting like it wouldn't be better to see him full go. Add to this the signings earlier in the wk..pause

For those coming to camp in Richmond, be advised that the city is under a "Heat Advisory" today.

Temps will be in the mid-90s with a heat index around 105 degrees.

Make sure you use sunblock, wear light-colored clothing and have plenty of water (or Gatorade) to keep yourself hydrated.

Also, there is a 40-50% chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some my reach severe limits. However, the weather folks think they will hold off until after practice is over. Nevertheless, you might want to stay tuned to the weather throughout the day. :)

JP Finlay Retweeted John Keim

Safe to say #RVA still plenty excited to have #Redskins in town

JP Finlay added,

Coc-uSGWIAAQy4x.jpg
John Keim @john_keim
Two hours before the walk thru, the line of fans waiting to get inside. It's 81 degrees heading to 95. #redskins

The 5 O'Clock Club: It's 5 o'clock (AM) somewhere... I think this post is as about as good as any to use for ...

#Redskins don't have to pay Galette in 2016 but it's a tricky call to make. http://ow.ly/iOW8302GRvU  #RedskinsTalk

Coc54qjWgAALy4V.jpg

Keith Marshall isn't on the PUP list 1f605.png

@DontCountMeIn Hail YEAH, great call. Neither is Thompson.

Emmanual Benton Retweeted Amela M.

Both will win some and lose some. I think Breeland is going to shut Richmond down.

Emmanual Benton added,

Amela M. @michelle_Y26
@Manny_Benton Djax vs Norman lop both have very strong personalities

Two hours before the first walkthru, here's the line to get in #Redskins Training Camp. @nbcwashington

CodCBAVWYAAS3xw.jpg

Off to work......have at it, NFCbeasts please post some tweets, Hap is till floating on his dock. 

The volume of articles in BRBN will be increasing now that the season has started.  I've noticed that some of you have fallen behind, and are out of shape.  Get with the program.  This is what training camp is for I'd hate to put you on the PUP list.

Archived