Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"TU: The Puzzling Plummet of RGIII by Jason Reid"

lovemaskins

Mccloughan had to meet with Snyder for hours so that the coach could make a coaching decision on who is his starting QB. What was obvious to anyone with a functional eye could not be seen by the dude.

Let's not pretend that everything is 100% different now. Snyder has learned to keep us from hearing about his involvement which in no way makes it nonexistent.

I sadly suspect we will be dealing with Snyder's dysfunctional personality until he dies or sells the team.

Scot is doing a good job of holding things together. I hope he can maintain it.

That doesn't negate his point. When they signed with the team, Shanny and Scot were both given the task of shutting down Snyder's meddling. Mike failed, and from what we've seen so far, Scot has not. Shanny let an owner override his own decisions, and by his own accusations let one single second-year player overrule his own offensive scheme.

That Snyder was attached to this is not up for debate. Nobody disagrees. But Mike folded, and let them walk all over him. If Mike had put his foot down, one way or another, he wouldn't have any blame. If he succeeded, he'd get the credit that Scot has now for getting Snyder out of the way. If that had failed, and he ended up getting fired or quitting over it, he would be a martyr that would have the sympathy of the fans, and quite likely a job with another team. But Mike didn't do that, and now he's stewing in his own juices with no one to blame but himself for landing there. He lost his innocence when he let people walk all over his "authority", and he lost his credibility with it.

Why are we holding Snyder blameless?

Since when are employees responsible for controlling their employers? That's something I've rarely, if ever, heard of and I think it's unreasonable for folks to expect Shanahan or anyone else in the organization to do this.

I sadly suspect we will be dealing with Snyder's dysfunctional personality until he dies or sells the team.

Scot is doing a good job of holding things together. I hope he can maintain it.

I suspect Bruce has a hand in that too. He's had to be the buffer for both Al Davis and Dan Snyder.... Yeesh.

courtesy the boyz in the twitter thread:

Santana Moss tells @chaddukes Mike Shanahan was "robbed of having more years" with #Redskins.

http://washington.cb...s-coaching-job/

“I’m upset to this day about losing Shanahan, because I felt that he had the remedy for us,” Moss said. “Even though we went to one playoff, but we was going to go far with Shanahan. The way he practiced with us, the way he developed that team, the way he showed us how to be pros and how we can be rewarded when we go out there and play together and win games.

“I feel like he was robbed of having more years and having more time with that team.”

It is what it is. I hope both guys move on and learn something from this. Griffin has a lot of growing up to do and Shanahan needs to stop being a prick. Neither are perfect. That's life.

...AND Snyder needs to stay out of the ****ing way

You are too obsessed with Snyder. You should try another hobby.

Well, you know, he is the owner of the team .... 

And I think it's a little lazy to call it an obsession. Unless you mean obsessed with the Skins, or competent leadership, or lack of drama. Then yes, I'm obsessed. :)

Maybe cool it with the erotic charcoal drawings at least?

Maybe I'm not getting the joke here.

Charcoal drawings?

Keeping Snyder under control and his involvement less public.

Perhaps. What is encouraging is that we've seen a marked improvement (albeit just 2 years of data) with Scot. 

Maybe both him and Bruce together are what the doctor ordered. 

We'll see - hope we continue in this direction, just a little cynical based on history.

What??? Where has there been any evidence of that?

Are you joking? You haven't seen any evidence? Hmm, how about the fact that he finally let the football people start Kirk cousins? Is that enough evidence for you? If he didn't take a step back, Kirk would not have started.

Archived