Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

David Bohm Retweeted Alex Marvez

I would guess since the #Redskins want him to play SS and OLB, they'll want him at about 225lbs or so.

David Bohm added,

Alex Marvez @alexmarvez
.@Sua_Cravens dropped to 215 lbs leading into draft because teams were projecting him as strong safety.Has played at 235 before @SiriusXMNFL

Slauson? He's an old school "football player." Would improve our LG position immediately

I'm sure this has been said but the biggest reason i think we could look at him is he played for callahan in college and was also drafted by him so i would think we would at least take a look

I'm on board to at least talking to this beast.  He would be an immediate upgrade!  Of course I'm just a fan of the team as GMSM would have a better idea than me if he could be a fit here.

Hail Em Up!

I hear he can play center also. He looks bad ass!

I'm not gonna lie, I didn't know much about him until this popped up. I'm sure there are others that have a much better idea about him. But he looked real good at both G and C. Yeah, he's 30. But he looks really good, he can pull as a G, he's stout and plays nasty and he snap isn't going over peoples head. I'd have Redskins One fueled up and on the Tarmac.

Hearing Gruden on 980 this morning talking about having confidence in Matt Jones as the #1 RB, I was left wondering where that confidence came from. I dont question they believe what they're saying, since they havent made upgrading or adding competition a priority. But he was less productive than Morris as a runner AND he fumbled like crazy.

This is true, and it is a big concern of mine. But I have to acknowledge that Jones also flashed ability Morris could only dream of at times, especially early in the season. The fumbles don't worry me at all, Morris was a fumbler too. And I also have to acknowledge that I didn't see the development of a guy like Morgan Moses coming, another high draft pick with all the tools that needed polishing...and HE was also coming off of an injury. If Moses can come out of nowhere (to the point where most of this board was just writing him off as a loss and the last big pre-McCloughan bust that offseason), I'm totally prepared to admit that a jump forward is possible for Jones as well.

This is true, and it is a big concern of mine. But I have to acknowledge that Jones also flashed ability Morris could only dream of at times, especially early in the season. The fumbles don't worry me at all, Morris was a fumbler too. And I also have to acknowledge that I didn't see the development of a guy like Morgan Moses coming, another high draft pick with all the tools that needed polishing...and HE was also coming off of an injury. If Moses can come out of nowhere (to the point where most of this board was just writing him off as a loss and the last big pre-McCloughan bust that offseason), I'm totally prepared to admit that a jump forward is possible for Jones as well.

Agreed. I liked what I saw in Jones and I had given up on Moses almost completely. I'd like to see that right side be more physical in the run game. It looks like Jones is working on the ball security thing already (which is great) so he knows it's an issue. But when the line was blocking well, he looked very good. I think he'll be more consistent this year as well. At least until Keith Marshall breaks out!

I'm kidding. ;)

(kinda :wub:)

. If Moses can come out of nowhere (to the point where most of this board was just writing him off as a loss and the last big pre-McCloughan bust that offseason), I'm totally prepared to admit that a jump forward is possible for Jones as well.

Would love to say the same about Arie Kouandjio and Martrell Spaight. Fingers crossed....

Slauson might be 30 but that's younger than Kory right?

Yes, but only by a year. The big difference is that he has over 30 pounds on him and is nasty. Looks like he did have a torn Petorial along with ankle and shoulder injuries in 2014 though.

Wait what? Is Silas redd suspended for something? Did I miss something?

Yeah, suspended indefinitely under the substance abuse policy. Probably wasn't making the roster anyways after tearing up his knee and not being that good.

Yeah, suspended indefinitely under the substance abuse policy. Probably wasn't making the roster anyways after tearing up his knee and not being that good.

Ohh right, I did hear about that. Haha it's finals week so I'm a little forgetful due to late nights... :P

Doctson is poised to make some noise

Mel Kiper Jr. thinks Josh Docston is poised to see a decent number of targets during his rookie season. But that all depends on the wideout having a solid August. Impact rookies (Insider)

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 1h1 hour ago

Need to Know: Veteran #Redskins looking over their shoulders after the draft read it in BRBN #RedskinsTalk

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 2m2 minutes ago

I have reached a period of my life where I consider getting dressed and going to the store at 9pm because I saw doritos on a tv ad.

1. @ChadwikoRCC I've reached the age where I stock Doritos, to keep from having to go to the store.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 1m1 minute ago

@HapHaszard Genius.

Because I'm a Guy @CauseWereGuys 49m49 minutes ago

Police are looking into it!

Chmn9frXIAAcQiA.jpg

Post Sports @PostSports 1h1 hour ago

Redskins mailbag: What Scot McCloughan was thinking, and how draftees fit read it in BRBN

Archived