Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

JakeKring-Schreifels @jakeks19 2m2 minutes ago

We know @Sua_Cravens loves football, but now we know he loves waking up early for "Married with Children," too.

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 4m4 minutes ago

Initial thoughts on the Redskins and TE Jordan Reed agreeing to a 5-year extension. http://foxs.pt/1UBT1ec 

Chs58D3WkAASSRL.jpg

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 1m1 minute ago

One name to watch along the DL since the #Redskins didn't go that direction early is C. Crawford. Spent last season on the practice squad

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 47s47 seconds ago

At 9.3M per year, Jordan Reed is second-highest paid TE behind Jimmy Graham ($10M).

In case this got missed as it was buried in the tweets I had posted......

This is the twitter thread, just post the tweet or the link where the info is coming from.....

Jordan Reed 5 yr extension worth 50 mil 22 guaranteed.

Please either post tweets or react, comment on them, don't elephant dance on the thread. Please. and then leave....

18 user(s) are reading this topic

10 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

In case this got missed as it was buried in the tweets I had posted......

This is the twitter thread, just post the tweet or the link where the info is coming from.....

Please either post tweets or react, comment on them, don't elephant dance on the thread. Please. and then leave....

18 user(s) are reading this topic

10 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sorry SWFLSkins! Ment no disrespect. Just got a little carried away with the Jordan Reed contract extension.

2. I know Reed's reported $50M deal seems crazy, but NFL money keeps going up and up. From where? Your pocket.

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 11m11 minutes ago Washington, DC

Reporters chat w/ Jordan Reed later this hour. Needless to say, huge day for him. One coach this offseason: "He's our most important player"

Not Robert Griffin @Pseudo_RGIII 17m17 minutes ago

Not Robert Griffin Retweeted DeckCheeze

Pretty sure it was a 6-2 Dallas team that the Skins shouldn't have beaten with Colt QBing...

Not Robert Griffin added,

DeckCheeze @DeckCheeze
@Pseudo_RGIII that's was against a Dallas defense that wasn't playing at the end of the season. 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

CSN Mid-Atlantic Retweeted

Secretary of Navy weighs in on Keenan Reynolds' service, availability for Ravens http://ow.ly/4nsMDC  #RavensTalk

NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL 4m4 minutes ago

1f3c8.pngfacts

ChtN8XlVAAY61Zg.jpg

Chris Baker @cbaker92redskin 1m1 minute ago

Chris Baker Retweeted Washington Redskins

YES SIR

Chris Baker added,

ChskAihXIAEauW9.jpg
Washington Redskins @Redskins
IT'S OFFICIAL! #Redskins sign TE Jordan Reed to multi-year contract extension. 1f4f0.png: http://redsk.in/1NkHUET

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 2m2 minutes ago

Josh Doctson is known for his jump ball ability, obviously. Don't underestimate him on slants, though. Big target, good job boxing out.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 7m7 minutes ago

The #Redskins get a draft pick in the fold. read it in BRBN #RedskinsTalk

By the time We have paid Jordan all of his guaranteed moneys, if we are lucky, it will be time to wrap Doctson up as one of our best targets. 

I totally dig how we are running things right now. Constant cycle of talented new guys on little contracts, and the ability and willingness to sign the guys who stand out to big contracts. I dig. Same thing with the secondary, now that i think about it. 

By the time We have paid Jordan all of his guaranteed moneys, if we are lucky, it will be time to wrap Doctson up as one of our best targets.

I totally dig how we are running things right now. Constant cycle of talented new guys on little contracts, and the ability and willingness to sign the guys who stand out to big contracts. I dig. Same thing with the secondary, now that i think about it.

That graphic someone put up of our 2010 starting offense/defense really puts this all into perspective.

Amazing just how much talent this team has now. I said before last offseason that in order to contend in the very near future, Scot would have to nail his first 2 drafts and FA signings.

Considering our history up to that point, and his own personal demons, those seemed to be lofty expectations... But we ho estly seem to be surpassing those expectations.

I've been a fan of this team for 21 years. A lot can change, but it really is fun to see how things are shaping up as of right now.

Reed also said he's going to work hard to clean up his blocking technique to eliminate the holding fouls. #Redskins #RedskinsTalk

Sorry SWFLSkins! Ment no disrespect. Just got a little carried away with the Jordan Reed contract extension.

No problem man, just copy and paste where you got it from, make a comment or whatever, we just don't want unverified stuff like that flying around. Nice to see who broke the news, or if its legit or not. 

Thanks, 

Hail. 

What about this #Redskins draft class has you most excited? Let us know: http://redsk.in/23sviNX 

ChtfNwtUkAA87-S.jpg

Redskin Country Retweeted Anthony Raposa

Key is gonna be how long Scot sticks around. Recent tenures haven't been too long-term

Redskin Country added,

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa
#Redskins fans, how long do YOU believe it will be until this team reaches another Super Bowl?

Redskin Country Retweeted Ashburning

Seriously man offer him some ownership in the team lol idc he's the best thing to happen to us in 20 years

Redskin Country added,

Ashburning @johnnylocal
@RedskinCountry I hope they lock him up and put the in service on Redskins One, when he wants to go gallivanting around the country, hahaa

#TeamRedskins #RedskinsFamily Jordan Reed: I'm going to be a good investment #RedskinsNation

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/05/jordan-reed-im-going-to-be-a-good-investment/

Jordan Reed: I’m going to be a good investment
Posted by Josh Alper on May 5, 2016, 1:49 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjGetty Images

Tight end Jordan Reed signed an extension that vaults him to the top of the pay scale at his position, a deal that came a few months after the end of a season that saw him play like one of the best at the position.

Reed had 87 catches for 952 yards and two touchdowns for the Redskins in the regular season before posting a big game in their playoff loss to the Packers. Production like that will be well worth the $46.5 million that he’s scheduled to make over the life of the five-year deal.

Redskins Buzztap @redskinsbuzztap 14m14 minutes ago

usatoday​.com >> Reed contract a no-brainer for Washington Read it in BRBN

Post Sports @PostSports 16m16 minutes ago

A closer look at Redskins sixth-round pick Nate Sudfeld Read it in BRBN

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 22m22 minutes ago

In Case you missed Doc, B-Mitch and Scott's sit down with @Real_JordanReed, don't worry click the link. http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=65&c=425&f=5440443 

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 1h1 hour ago Washington, DC

Reed: "Means a lot that Redskins invest that money into me and think that highly of me as a player, a person...I'm going prove them right."

NFL @NFL 1h1 hour ago

An extra five years of Jordan Reed making ridiculous one-handed catches? @Redskins fans won't object. #TBT

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 1h1 hour ago

Reed: "It means a lot to me...I'm going to show them that they made a good investment." #Redskins #RedskinsTalk

Liz Clarke @lizclarketweet 1h1 hour ago

#Skins TE JReed on questions about his durability entering long-term deal: “I just want to move on & show I can play 16 games.”

Stephen Czarda @SCzardaRedskins 1h1 hour ago

Jordan Reed on the addition of Josh Doctson: "I'm ready to see him out there jumping over guys."

Bryan Van Balen @bnvanbalen 1h1 hour ago

Jordan Reed is "really excited" for the addition of Josh Doctson, ready to see him out there "jumping over guys."

Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes 1h1 hour ago

When asked about his health, "I want to show I can play 16 games." - Jordan Reed #Redskins

Washington Redskins @Redskins 1h1 hour ago

Why do Reed & Cousins work well together? "Kirk can read a defense really well...I can create separation for him and get open for him."

Coming off career yr, TE JReed says he can improve Cites better yds after catch, blocking, role in run game & lessening holding penalties.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 1h1 hour ago

Jordan Reed says "the sky is the limit for this team." Excited to be back at work and improving on "each phase of the game."

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 1h1 hour ago Washington, DC

Jordan Reed: "I think the sky is the limit for this team." #Redskins

TE J Reed says of 5-yr deal with #Skins: “Honestly I don’t want to be anywhere else than here. I love playing for the Redskins.’

"I feel like if I just keep trusting God and keep working hard every day, I can be the best that I can be." - Reed on his ceiling #Redskins

Bryan Van Balen @bnvanbalen 1h1 hour ago

How high is Jordan Reed's ceiling? "I feel like I can always improve, I'm going to keep striving to do that."

Stephen Czarda @SCzardaRedskins 1h1 hour ago

"I just figured out a routine that was effective for me," Reed on what's changed for him physically. Adds he's been training in Miami/Texas.

Spaceflight Now @SpaceflightNow 1h1 hour ago

Live coverage of #Falcon9 launch with Japanese satellite at 1:21am EDT (0521 GMT) Friday: http://spaceflightnow.com/2016/05/05/falcon-9-jcsat-14-mission-status-center/ 

ChtVBrhVAAA0LfJ.jpg

George Wallace @GWallaceWTOP 1h1 hour ago

Jordan Reed on Conf Call: "I don't want to be anywhere else but here..I love my teammates and the area. #Redskins

TE JReed admits he was worried when #Skins signed CB Norman to such a big deal; grateful team “made it work’ w 5 yr, est $50 M deal

"That's huge for me being comfortable and being around guys that genuinely care about you." - Reed on his teammates, coaches #Redskins

Reed says contract talks picked up after playoff game. Was concerned after Norman signed b/c of dwindling cap space but they made space.

"We've been communicating since probably after the playoff game." - Jordan Reed on extension #Redskins

Jordan Reed: "I don't want to be anywhere else but here. ...I love my teammates. I love this area. They gave me this deal and I took it."

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 2h2 hours ago

Jordan Reed tells ESPN 980 on working w/ Vernon Davis: "He's a great dude & I can learn a lot from him... In OTAs already learned a lot"

Jimmy /J.I./ Halsell @SalaryCap101 2h2 hours ago

With #Redskins extending young core, for CB Breeland & RT Moses (both eligible for extensions after 16 season), '16 is like a contract yr.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 2h2 hours ago

Jordan Reed tells ESPN 980 on his goals for 2016: "Eliminate some of those holding penalties...Just keeping my hands inside"

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 58s59 seconds ago

ICYMI: #Redskins sign the first of seven draft picks: read it in BRBN

@avbanig @M_W_19 @BurgundyBurner I’m not. I know for a fact that cap room won’t be an issue in working an extension with Cousins.

@PFF Why Jordan Reed is the Second Best Young Tight End in the NFL, Behind Gronkowski ( if he stays healthy )

Been saying it since the middle of last year. Without Jordan Reed, we are a vastly different offense.

Maybe the difference won't be so drastic this year if we improve in Other areas, but still, not many people on this planet can do what he does for this O.

Bubba's Redskins Breaking News has been updated

Liz Clarke @lizclarketweet 7m7 minutes ago

After signing 5y deal, TE Jordan Reed admits he feared #Skins might lack room under cap bc of CB Norman's $75m deal WP Read it in BRBN

Jonathan Kinsley @Brickwallblitz 21m21 minutes ago

Jordan Reed's last 4 games of the 2015 regular season: Caught 29/31 targets (93.5%) for 378 yards, 5 TD, 13.0 YPR. @HogsHaven @Justin_Byram

Jonathan Kinsley @Brickwallblitz 20m20 minutes ago

In 3 of those last 4 games, Reed caught 100% of his targets (Wk 14 @ CHI, Wk 15 vs BUF, Wk 17 @ DAL). @HogsHaven @Justin_Byram

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 4h4 hours ago

Initial thoughts on the Redskins and TE Jordan Reed agreeing to a 5-year extension. http://foxs.pt/1UBT1ec 

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 2m2 minutes ago

The Redskins have now locked up 3 of their own (Reed, TW, RK) for long-term deals. That's about keeping talent and promoting culture.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 3h3 hours ago

#Redskins are building a long-term core of talent. read it in BRBN  #RedskinsTalk

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 2m2 minutes ago

@avbanig @johnnylocal @M_W_19 @BurgundyBurner Only restructures Allen has done were Bowen and Cofield after cap penalty. Rare.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/05/jordan-reed-im-going-to-be-a-good-investment/

Jordan Reed: I’m going to be a good investment

Posted by Josh Alper on May 5, 2016, 1:49 PM EDT

Tight end Jordan Reed signed an extension that vaults him to the top of the pay scale at his position, a deal that came a few months after the end of a season that saw him play like one of the best at the position.

Reed had 87 catches for 952 yards and two touchdowns for the Redskins in the regular season before posting a big game in their playoff loss to the Packers. Production like that will be well worth the $46.5 million that he’s scheduled to make over the life of the five-year deal.

PFT messed that up that bolded part.

Reed had eleven TDs last season, not 2.

Archived