Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

Hearing Gruden on 980 this morning talking about having confidence in Matt Jones as the #1 RB, I was left wondering where that confidence came from. I dont question they believe what they're saying, since they havent made upgrading or adding competition a priority. But he was less productive than Morris as a runner AND he fumbled like crazy.

More productive than Morris, though, in catching the ball out of the backfield. Which is HUGE in this offense.

A guy like Jones can be downright dangerous catching the ball.

I'm confident the running game will come. The fumbles (for now) I'll put down to rookie jitters and is correctable.

"Whoever he hits goes backwards." McCloughan is excited about 7th-rounder @StevenD513. 1f4da.png: http://redsk.in/1SHpvlV

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 43s43 seconds ago

Burgundy Blog Retweeted Ben Hoff

Re: Cravens. Pretty sure he said "outside 'backer" in nickel. Presumably imagining 3-3-5.

Burgundy Blog added,

Ben Hoff @httr_hoff
@BurgundyBlog OLB? or the weakside ILB? I'm guessing he's not lining up in the front 4

More productive than Morris, though, in catching the ball out of the backfield. Which is HUGE in this offense.

A guy like Jones can be downright dangerous catching the ball.

I'm confident the running game will come. The fumbles (for now) I'll put down to rookie jitters and is correctable.

He was more productive out of the backfield, but not exceptionally so, IMO. And being better than Morris out the backfield doesnt take much. Morris was essentially useless out of the backfield. Doing anything makes you more productive.

Fumbles are correctable....most of the time. Or he could just be a fumbler, time will tell. But handing a guy the #1 job before he's shown he's corrected it seems dicey. I dont think you can just assume he'll fix it.

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo 8m8 minutes ago

ICYMI: McCloughan unsure of Kendall Fuller recovery timetable, but confident in rookie read it in BRBN WP

Hope he's not this year's version of Chase Minnifield. Thankfully, Fuller's injury wasnt as bad.

By spreading Culliver's cap hit over 2 years could this mean mccloughan has potential signings up his sleeve? With Perry and Roberts also possible cuts we could have about $17m available cap space. Otherwise why carry $2.5m cap hit into 2017.

HTTR

Based on our FA signings of many of our own guys, and smaller signings outside of Norman, I think it means we'll see some love for Reed/Baker/Cousins before this season.

Outside of that, maybe some mid-summer/later in the year cap casualties, but I'd think most wouldn't be high $$ guys.

He was more productive out of the backfield, but not exceptionally so, IMO. And being better than Morris out the backfield doesnt take much. Morris was essentially useless out of the backfield. Doing anything makes you more productive.

Fumbles are correctable....most of the time. Or he could just be a fumbler, time will tell. But handing a guy the #1 job before he's shown he's corrected it seems dicey. I dont think you can just assume he'll fix it.

Part of the problem is how you are looking at it.

You are looking at it as if the Redskins are just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best.

Granted, that is the only view folks like you and me can have. From the outside looking in.

However, if you believe in our GM, who believes in our coaches, you have to believe they are basing their actions in making Jones the lead guy on more than hope.

It has to be based on something they see from him that convinces them he can handle being the main guy.

Love hearing that they will take advantage of Cravens versatility and have him at SS in base and as one of the ILB in nickel and dime formations.

He is going to help make us very tough to defend in passing situations

I assume you mean he'll make us tough to ATTACK, unless you foresee him playing offense...

trade those three picks for an extra second rounder. I have no idea if that is realistic but it sounds good. Why not

Then, trade our two 2nd rounders for another 1st. Yeeeeeha. I have no idea what I'm talking about

A man drinks like that he is going to die

Love hearing that they will take advantage of Cravens versatility and have him at SS in base and as one of the ILB in nickel and dime formations.

He is going to help make us very tough to defend in passing situations

We're gonna have a bunch of guys that could line up anywhere on defense. Improved scheme flexibility next year.

The Insider @Insider 14m14 minutes ago

A closer look at Redskins third-round pick Kendall Fuller Read it in BRBN

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 15m15 minutes ago

Redskins roster has room for an RB who can "run like the wind." There's definitely an opening for Keith Marshall.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/redskins/story/1666578-keith-marshall-can-run-wind

NFL Draft Insider @NFLDraftInsider 18m18 minutes ago

Will be heading down to Tuscaloosa for an #Alabama game this season. Who should I tailgate with?

Hearing Gruden speak to Cooley I get the feeling that Cooley annoys him. Just an observation but sometimes Gruden sounded to me like he couldn't hide his annoyance lol.

Gruden and family showed for Cooleys Gallery opening so I doubt he dislikes the guy too much ,but I agree he definitely comes off as annoyed when Cooley is in Media mode lol. Doesn't appreciate his critiques that much I would assume.

Master Tesfatsion@MasterTes 31m31 minutes ago

Josh Norman will wear No. 24. Duke Ihenacho has switched to No. 29 #Redskins

Master Tesfatsion@MasterTes 25m25 minutes ago

#Redskins rookies: Josh Doctson 18 Su'a Cravens 36 Kendall Fuller 38 Matt Ioannidis 98 Nate Sudfeld 2 Steven Daniels 53 Keith Marshall 39

Get me Steven Daniels on the phone! Het needs to wear 59! Brings back memories.

Hearing Gruden speak to Cooley I get the feeling that Cooley annoys him. Just an observation but sometimes Gruden sounded to me like he couldn't hide his annoyance lol.

Probably feels like he knows too much from McVay, so it makes it harder to BS and double talk him. lol

RT—McCloughan may use extra '17 picks to deal for players this year #Redskins read it in BRBN  #RedskinsTalk

Washington Redskins @Redskins 2h2 hours ago

#Redskins add Sudfeld in QB room to develop behind Cousins, McCoy. 1f4da.png: http://redsk.in/1Tro7Aa 

ChizsxxWUAEcWas.jpg

Mason_Foster @Mason_Foster 3m3 minutes ago

They are testing Gilroy Garlic Fries at McDonald's in San Francisco?!?!? **Books Flight Instantly**

Washington Redskins @skinspress 12m12 minutes ago

ChjRCMRWwAEqOw1.jpg
ChjRGijXIAA2l-6.jpg
ChjRHLLWkAAxBXx.jpg
ChjRH4WWEAAnzVn.jpg

FNMfbES8_bigger.jpgPaul Conner @P_ConnerJr

What kind of ball is Matt Jones holding? RT @Redskins: 1f3c8.png out for work today.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 13m13 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Paul Conner

It has sensors to make sure the carrier has proper grip on the ball, to work on fumbling issues.

Steven Daniels @StevenD513 19m19 minutes ago

I will be rocking 53 Nd all Lat

Archived