Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 26s27 seconds ago

Watching Hackenberg I thought his ceiling was Jay Cutler. His floor was, well, the floor. Im sure it will all work out with Jets. Im sure

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 15s15 seconds ago Chicago, IL

#Falcons and #Redskins picks are in. When NFL Network gets back from commercial we'll find out.

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 30s31 seconds ago

No trade

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 37s38 seconds ago

#Redskins aren't using this pick to acquire more either. Card is in.

Anthony Gulizia @AnthonyGulizia 21s21 seconds ago

#Redskins take USC outside linebacker/safety Su'a Cravens with their second-round pick.

Quick scouting report on Cravens http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/sua-cravens?id=2555345  With that pedigree, def hits McCloughan desired "football player"

Mark Bullock ‏@MarkBullockNFL 17s18 seconds ago

Su'a Cravens is a hybrid guy. Played both safety and LB in college. Probably a SS in base 3-4, dime linebacker #Redskins

OK I'm off for a while, have fun folks

\\ME too, those chops going on the grill. 

The Skins love versatile players. Cravens fits that mold. Sounds like he can play opposite of a pass rusher and cover. They don't have that.

Matt Bowen ESPN Staff Writer 

Su'a Cravens is a moveable piece in the game plan. Projects as a LB in the Redskins base scheme, but his impact should come in nickel/dime situations. He's that hybrid defender. Rush and cover.

John Keim ESPN Staff Writer 

The Redskins keep adding players with a similar mindset: guys who just love playing the game. It sounds simplistic but that's what they've done so far in this draft with receiver Josh Doctson and linebacker/safety Su'a Cravens. The latter plays smart and tough and it's why he was drafted in the second round despite being considered a tweener.

With teams playing so much nickel defense, it's good to have a player who can fill multiple roles in that package. A player such as Su'a Cravens with an ability to play multiple roles is a big bonus.

Anthony Gulizia @AnthonyGulizia 2m2 minutes ago

New #Redskins outside linebacker/safety Su'a Cravens was recruited by Joe Barry before he left for Chargers. Read it in BRBN WT

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 6m6 minutes ago

Per http://bit.ly/15QNT2 , here are the top interior DL left. Andrew Billings, Andrew Ridgeway, Willie Henry, Sheldon Day, A. Washington.

keim_john_m.jpg

One NFL defensive coach who studied Su'a Cravens said, when told the Redskins would use him as a dime linebacker, "He will excel at that."

Bubba's Redskins Breaking News has been updated with the latest artcles, reading is your responsibility

John Keim @john_keim 30s31 seconds ago

Few thoughts on Cravens --- and his impressive bloodlines.. read it in BRBN

keim_john_m.jpg

The Redskins select Virginia Tech cornerback Kendall Fuller in the third round. He has three brothers who have played in the NFL. Fuller is probably best suited for a zone defense, which is what the Redskins favor. He played only three games last season because of a torn meniscus. #Waspick

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 14s14 seconds ago

Kendall Fuller is a local fan favorite & joins Kyshoen Jarrett & Deangel Hall as VT alumni on the #Redskins

Chick Hernandez @CHICKatCSN 45s45 seconds ago

Chick Hernandez Retweeted Jake Russell

NFL pedigree much!

Chick Hernandez added,

ChQe5rEWIAAiq7F.jpg
Jake Russell @_JakeRussell
Kendall Fuller also has interesting relatives. #Redskins

Good night everyone, articles from the 3rd round will be posted tomorrow morning

Kendall Fuller pick gives #Redskins a top 3 CB on the cheap if he gets & stays healthy. Makes Chris Culliver more expendable in my opinion.

"He's a turnover machine, and he's a great player." - Gruden on Cravens. Thinks he'll be a LB, possibly safety #Redskins

Kendall Fuller #Redskins Coming off a knee injury. Talented player. Would have been a late first rd pick if he had not gotten hurt @CSNMA

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said they'll figure out later exactly how they will use Su'a... http://es.pn/1SAeDGp 

ChQpdD8UkAAG-WI.jpg

Was just a joke because everbody was in a bunch with the draft running at the same time. Anyhow...I am ELATED that we got Jd...I wanted him since week 3 in cfl...only issue is I had the same want as griffin and we got him too so here is to an injury free stud at receiver..love all the picks so far. Look for d line round 4...Sheldon day

Was just a joke because everbody was in a bunch with the draft running at the same time. Anyhow...I am ELATED that we got Jd...I wanted him since week 3 in cfl...only issue is I had the same want as griffin and we got him too so here is to an injury free stud at receiver..love all the picks so far. Look for d line round 4...Sheldon day

Everybody's worried that the draft won't be over by 8?

Sheldon day would be a good pick. Same with Andrew billings, if his knee is good.

Everybody's worried that the draft won't be over by 8?

Sheldon day would be a good pick. Same with Andrew billings, if his knee is good.

Think he meant everybody has been in a tizzy recently with the draft running at the same time, not about tomorrow specifically.

Is Doctson gonna have a presser?

Draft day is tomorrow at FedEx field, and he's going to attend that so my guess is he'll have one in the press conference room at the stadium before or after addressing the fans. I remember Griffin doing his introductory press conference that Saturday after we drafted him, instead of on that Friday when we brought him to redskins park. I even sat in on his press conference actually.

I'd have to look at previous years to see if that's what we did with our first rounders, but that's just my guess.

Draft day is tomorrow at FedEx field, and he's going to attend that so my guess is he'll have one in the press conference room at the stadium before or after addressing the fans. I remember Griffin doing his introductory press conference that Saturday after we drafted him, instead of on that Friday when we brought him to redskins park. I even sat in on his press conference actually.

I'd have to look at previous years to see if that's what we did with our first rounders, but that's just my guess.

Last year we brought in the first three rounder for press con.

http://media.washtimes.com.s3.amazonaws.com/media/image/2015/05/03/5_3_2015_draft-redskins-football-28201.jpg

Archived