Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Florida....? oh yeah, Florida.

mcsluggo

Jacksonville amputee banned from Westside Walmart

Carlos Mattei said security guard said his handicapped tag was fake

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – A Jacksonville man who lost his leg in a car crash said he was asked not to return to a store on the Westside after he parked in a handicapped spot.

According to a police report, Carlos Mattei got into a disagreement with a security guard at a Walmart on 103rd Street. Mattei claims the security guard told him he wasn’t eligible to park in the spot, and that the security guard said his disabled tag was fake.

Mattei, now 65 years old, was involved in a crash on the New Jersey turnpike in 2015. He and his wife were on the way to a wedding, and both had to be rushed to a hospital.

“They were thinking that I was going to die,” Mattei said.

Five years later, Mattei says life is still difficult after losing his left leg.

On Sunday, Mattei said he and his wife were going to the Walmart on 103rd Street. Mattei said she went inside while he looked for a parking spot.

“I saw in the mirror a security guard follow me,” Mattei said. “When I found one, I took that to park my car and I put my tag for handicap [tag] in the dashboard.”

Mattei said that guard -- a security contractor -- took issue with him.

“She started screaming to me that I’m taking handicap parking and I’m not handicapped. So I showed it to her and she said, ‘That’s a fake tag,’” Mattei said.

The disagreement escalated, and Mattei said his wife called the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.

“The last thing she did was show me this finger (points to his middle finger) and laughing to me like it was a joke,” Mattei said.

According to the police report, the responding officer filed a trespassing warning against the couple, telling them “if they come back to the property, they will go to jail.”

“I was parking and using handicapped parking in my car with my handicapped tag," Mattei said.

News4Jax promptly alerted Walmart to the situation. A request for comment from Walmart’s corporate office was not immediately returned Tuesday evening.

A spokesperson for Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office said he’s looking into the report.

Click on the link for the full article

St. Pete man leaves 4, 5, 7-year-old home alone to meet 14-year-old for sex, police say

ST. PETERSBURG (WFLA) — A 37-year-old St. Petersburg man was arrested after he left his three children home alone so he could meet up with a 14-year-old for sex, arrest reports state.

Police arrested Robert Michael Berry Wednesday afternoon when he showed up to a Holiday Inn hotel to meet an undercover detective posing as a 14-year-old child.

The arrest report says Berry started chatting with what he thought was a minor on a messaging app called Skout. Police said Berry admitted to the sexually explicit chat he engaged in on the app.

Berry was also charged with child neglect for leaving his 4, 5, and 7-year-old child home alone while meeting the minor.

Two teen girls were killed in a Florida car crash. Authorities mixed up their bodies, suit says.

The families of two teenagers killed in a Florida car crash filed lawsuits alleging that the girls were misidentified by authorities, and the organs from the wrong girl were removed.

Samara Cooks, 15, and Deleigha Gibson, 18, died on July 29, 2019, after the car they were in crashed into a utility pole in Escambia County.

A lawsuit filed by Ranada Cooks, the mother of Samara, alleges that Florida Highway Patrol found Gibson's identification at the scene of the accident but incorrectly tagged Gibson as her daughter. Samara Cooks was incorrectly tagged as Gibson.

The suit, filed Thursday in Escambia County Circuit Court, names Florida Highway Patrol, the county medical examiner's office and the two funeral homes which took the bodies. The Gibson family filed a separate lawsuit.

"Samara Cooks and Deleigha Gibson were different ages and had different heights, weights, and physical appearances," Ranada Cooks' lawsuit says, adding that Gibson was also an organ donor. Both girls were black.

The suit further alleges that the error was not caught by the coroner and the county medical examiner's office "extracted several organs from the body of Samara Cooks, who was not an organ donor."

"Such unauthorized invasion of her daughter's body has caused Plaintiff, Ranada Cooks, extreme stress and anxiety," according to the lawsuit.

The suit states that Ranada Cooks tried several times to view her daughter's body but was denied. It wasn't until she saw the body at the funeral home that she realized the error.

"When I was allowed to visit with her, I was robbed of that first chance of viewing her because I did walk in and see Ms. Deleigha," she said at a press conference Friday with her attorney and Gibson's parents. "It was not Samara."

• Sad 1

Police: Florida man killed sleeping couple, buried bodies in swamp with stepdaughter’s help

POLK COUNTY, Fla. — Authorities said a Florida man fatally shot a couple while they slept and then asked his stepdaughter to help bury the bodies in a swamp.

Polk County Sheriff Grady said they learned of the killings amid reports that 19-year-old Amberlyn Nichols was trying to sell the dead man’s truck for $200.

When authorities questioned her, the sheriff said she told them her stepfather, Todd Jackson, 34, killed Raymond and Crystal Cline, 33 and 37, while they slept and then asked her and her boyfriend to help clean up the crime scene and dump the bodies. They were found in a low-lying wooded area behind their home on Windy Hill Road on Friday evening, March 6. Sheriff’s officials said based on the state of decomposition, they had been deceased for “some time.” They appeared to have been shot.

End of telegraph era brings question: What’s a telegraph?

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The telegraph era in Florida is ending without a flash.

The Florida Senate sent Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis a bill Thursday that removes an entire chapter of state law regulating the telegraph industry, including $50 penalties for not promptly delivering messages.

Florida laws regarding telegraphs haven't had any substantial changes since 1913, and there haven't been any court opinions involving the statutes since 1945, according to a legislative staff analysis.

And when Republican Sen. Ben Albritton presented his bill Thursday, his colleagues couldn't resist having a little fun just before he presented his closing arguments for the legislation.

“There are a number of school-age children in the West Gallery, so if Senator Albritton in his close can address what telegraphs are,” said Democratic Jason Pizzo.

Democratic Sen. Jose Javier Rodriguez quickly piled on.

“There are also middle-aged people in the entire Capitol. Can you also explain to us what a telegraph is?” Rodriguez said.

Stifling his laughter, Albritton carried on.

“I appreciate the opportunity to clarify what telegraphs were. Just Google it," Albritton said. "Next year we’re going after carrier pigeons and Morse code.”

The bill passed unanimously. If DeSantis signs the bill, the telegraph regulations will be removed from law on July 1.

Until then, telegraph operators can still be held liable for any mental anguish or physical suffering caused by a delayed delivery of a message.

The **** set me up...

Andrew Gillum found in Miami Beach hotel room with suspected drugs, police say

Andrew Gillum, who in 2018 came within 34,000 votes of becoming Florida’s governor, was discovered by police at a South Beach hotel early Friday morning in a room with bags of possible crystal meth and in the company of a man who appeared to have overdosed on drugs, according to a Miami Beach police report.

Police say they were called to the Mondrian South Beach early Friday morning and found paramedics treating Travis Dyson, a 30-year-old Miami man, for an apparent heart attack. They say two other men were in the room: Aldo Mejias and Gillum.

Police say Gillum, who was not arrested, was too intoxicated to answer questions. An offense incident report says that officers found three clear plastic baggies of suspected crystal meth on the bed and floor.

Gillum, a former Tallahassee mayor and Democrat, issued a statement Friday afternoon in which he denied using drugs.

“I was in Miami last night for a wedding celebration when first responders were called to assist one of my friends. While I had too much to drink, I want to be clear that I have never used methamphetamines,” he said. “I apologize to the people of Florida for the distraction this has caused our movement.”

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Pee Napkin" Prompts Fight, Domestic Bust

MARCH 24--Like any good Florida story, this one begins with a naked couple brawling inside a car parked at the mall.

Late Sunday evening, cops responded to the Clearwater Mall after receiving a report about a fight in progress. Witnesses told officers that after hearing a woman screaming “within the parking lot,” they discovered “the two naked within the car and wrestling with each other.”

Cops separated the couple, identified in an arrest affidavit as Robert Janisch, a 21-year-old Minnesota resident, and his girlfriend of six months (both of whom “admitted to drinking alcohol today”).

During police questioning, the pair each said that a physical confrontation occurred after they finished having sex inside the vehicle.

The woman, cops reported, said after she “had intercourse with [Janisch] in their car, she had to urinate. She did so outside of the car.” And that is when the trouble began. “After she wiped herself she accidentally threw the napkin on” Janisch.

Upon reentering the car, the couple began arguing and Janisch, police allege, choked the victim for several seconds, prompting her to scream for help.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man zooms into virtual Orange County class during distance learning, exposes himself

ORLANDO, Fla. – A man gained access to the online learning session of an Orange County public school class and exposed himself, according to a memo from the school district.

The memo, sent Wednesday, said that a man entered a virtual Zoom instructional session and exposed himself. A Connect Orange message was sent to the parents of the eighth grade students at Wolf Lake Middle School who were affected.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 5:16 PM, China said:

The **** set me up...

Andrew Gillum found in Miami Beach hotel room with suspected drugs, police say

Andrew Gillum, who in 2018 came within 34,000 votes of becoming Florida’s governor, was discovered by police at a South Beach hotel early Friday morning in a room with bags of possible crystal meth and in the company of a man who appeared to have overdosed on drugs, according to a Miami Beach police report.

Police say Gillum, who was not arrested, was too intoxicated to answer questions. An offense incident report says that officers found three clear plastic baggies of suspected crystal meth on the bed and floor.

Follow-up:

Photos and video of hotel room where Andrew Gillum found in apparent incoherent state released by police

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. – The Miami Beach Police Department released photos and bodycam videos Wednesday that were taken last month after authorities said former Democratic candidate for Florida governor Andrew Gillum was found in an incoherent state inside a hotel room.

The photos show a messy room at the Mondrian South Beach Hotel at 1100 West Avenue on March 13.

They show prescription pill bottles scattered throughout the room, some of which were open with pills spilled on the floor.

The bed was unmade and a pillow that appeared to be covered in vomit was pictured on the floor.

A blood pressure monitor was also pictured on the floor near the bed.

Click on the link for the full article and video

Off The Beat: Clean toilet paper makes deputies flush with leads?

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — A clean piece of toilet paper appeared to be a key clue in a caper involving a public restroom and a stolen vehicle, an arrest affidavit states.

The case of the pristine potty paper free of fetid feces began April 20 about 9:17 p.m. at Dale Wimbrow Park in the 11800 block of Roseland Road in Sebastian.

An Indian River County sheriff’s deputy spotted a parked vehicle that was reported stolen the same day through police in Titusville.

The investigator searched the area for suspects, checking the public restrooms. The lights in the lavatories weren’t on. The deputy announced his presence and got no response.

In a stall in the men’s room, the deputy spied a gentleman seated on a commode with his pants partially down. Two shirts, broken electronics and other items were around him.

“Due to the subject being in the area with a recently reported stolen vehicle and he attempting to conceal himself in a dark bathroom without answering to my initial announcement, I maintained a visual on the suspect’s hands for officer safety purposes,” a report states.

The man, later identified as a 46-year-old, got some toilet paper and used it to “wipe.” He then looked at the paper in a fashion so the deputy also could see.

The investigator noted no “discoloration … consistent with cleaning fecal matter from himself,” the affidavit states.

Fecal matter, also known as excrement, poop, stool and ordure, is waste that is moved or ejected from the bowels after the digestion of food. It has a reputation for being unpleasant to the olfactory organs and for being brown in color.

Investigators deduced the man was pretending to use the facilities “as a ruse.”

Click on the link for the rest

Port Richey Police Chief Speaks On Retirement Controversy

Gerard DeCanio’s retirement is effective on May 1 but in true Port Richey fashion, there is some controversy with that decision.

DeCanio says his last day on the job was chosen for him by the City Manager, Vincent Lupo.

When we asked Lupo, the city clerk provided documents about the retirement.

Included was a letter from DeCanio to City Councilman Todd Maklary, describing an April 7 meeting that led to his retirement. According to the letter, Lupo asks the chief about a police “sting” he heard about against the current mayor, Scott Tremblay.

That was after this:

Drugs, guns and politics collided in the small town of Port Richey. Two mayors went to jail.

PORT RICHEY — Month after month, police officers headed to the big blue house on the water.

They had often been called there by the home’s owner, one of the most prominent people in Port Richey: the mayor, Dale Massad.

Many calls were about two women in his life. Massad told the police one spat in his face, the other threatened to plant drugs in his home and he wanted both to go away. At times all three lived together at the house; they got into fight after fight, year after year.

Other calls described thefts, trespassers and strange occurrences. Once, while telling an officer about a missing gun, the mayor added that a bag of marijuana had appeared in his desk drawer, only to vanish mysteriously the following day.

Police came to Massad's house more than 50 times in the three years he was mayor.

Then in February, a SWAT team burst through Massad’s door to arrest him on charges of practicing medicine without a license. Massad fired two rounds from a handgun. He was charged with attempted murder.

He called Rowe, then the acting mayor, from jail late at night on March 3. Before Rowe came to the phone, a recorded message announced the line was being taped.

“Hey, man,” Massad said. “It’s treacherous out there.”

Massad started dictating plans for city business to his successor. He walked Rowe through the minute details of a $155,000 bid for a project to dredge a canal. Massad said he had just talked to Lupo and told the city manager that he was a “f--king idiot” if he didn’t kick one of his administrators “in the ass.”

“You guys can use my name, if it’s worth a ****,” Massad offered.

“You’re famous,” Rowe replied, laughing.

“You know what my charges are, right?” Massad asked.

Massad answered himself: “Five counts of premeditated homicide.” Then he snickered.

Massad asked Rowe what the news coverage had been like. “How bad are they whacking me?”

“Oh my god, Doc.”

Later, Rowe said he’d been telling everyone: “You have just witnessed a political assassination, a bloodless coup.”

Over the course of the next eight minutes, the two discussed a range of topics. Massad told Rowe that it sucked in jail. He said he tried to call Bloom, but Bloom didn’t answer. The ex-mayor described the city police department as unchained, mentioned he paid $350,000 for his attorney and said he no longer wanted to be a politician.

For about 70 seconds in the middle, they talked about the origins of the investigation. Massad brought up the Port Richey police officer who went undercover to bust him. Rowe said he was ready to make sure someone was held accountable.

“Just be careful,” Massad told Rowe. “They will throw you under the motherf--king bus. I’m just glad you’re not quite as flamboyant as I am.”

On March 5, Rowe began digging into the officer’s background, according to state agents.

Port Richey’s new mayor was arrested a week later.

Click on the link for a whole lot more crazy

‘Satan is still in me:’ Florida man stabs roommate in attempt to release Satan, turns knife on himself

A Florida man is behind bars after stabbing his roommate in the chest before turning the knife on himself, claiming he committed the crime to release Satan, according to the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies responded to Vista Haven Apartments along Geranium Lane in Sanford Wednesday in reference to a stabbing, and when they arrived, deputies found a subject cutting himself with a knife and a victim suffering from a stab wound, according to a report.

The male harming himself was restrained and identified as 25-year-old Joseph Dolash; he attempted to resist deputies and was held to the ground when he began making comments such as “Satan will come out of my wound, you will see,” “Satan is still in me,” “Satan was a worm and is gonna come out of me,” and “If I can’t talk, Satan will kill me,” records show.

Deputies said the victim lying on the ground appeared to have a stab wound to his chest, and it was later determined that he was the roommate of Dolash. When deputies asked him about his injured roommate, Dolash said, “Can’t say he’s Satan.”

The victim was transported to a local hospital for his injuries where he later told deputies that Dolash held a kitchen knife to his throat then cut him multiple times, a report showed. Dolash told the victim that “the devil was in him and he needed to get the worm out” before he proceeded to stab him, according to investigators.

Dolash then told the victim to suck the worm and devil out of his blood from the cut on his wrist, according to a report.

• 2 weeks later...

VIDEO: Man attacks victim who didn’t thank him for holding open door to Lakeland liquor store, deputies say

LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – The Polk County Sheriff’s Office is trying to identify a man who was caught on surveillance video attacking another customer at a liquor store in Lakeland.

According to deputies, the attack stemmed from the suspect getting upset that the victim didn’t thank him for holding the door open. 

“Come on man, what are you thinking?” Sheriff Judd said. “Were your three brain cells in overload? Why don’t you just let it go? Get you a bottle of liquor, go back to the house, have you a drink. But no, they had to have a kerfuffle right there in the middle of the store.”

• Haha 1

Florida Man Arrested For Driving With His Penis Out

Florida Man Justin Mosser had a very legit reason for driving around with his penis out and (ALLEGEDLY) stroking it as he pulled up next to women driving around Avon Park, Florida a town right in the middle of nowhere Florida. It gets hot and he needs to air it out. Legit reason. It’s hot AF season in Avon Park and the humidity is rising. Justin needs to air it out. Simple as that.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, China said:

Florida Man Arrested For Driving With His Penis Out

Florida Man Justin Mosser had a very legit reason for driving around with his penis out and (ALLEGEDLY) stroking it as he pulled up next to women driving around Avon Park, Florida a town right in the middle of nowhere Florida. It gets hot and he needs to air it out. Legit reason. It’s hot AF season in Avon Park and the humidity is rising. Justin needs to air it out. Simple as that.

• Haha 2

Florida woman who tried to kiss strangers calls 911 about lack of social distancing, police say

A Florida woman who kept trying to randomly kiss strangers at a local bar repeatedly called 911 to complain about the business not practicing coronavirus social distancing guidelines, according to the Melbourne Police Department.

Police said Audra Adams, 32, called 911 a total of five times from Monkey Bar and Grille in Indialantic, which is open serving both food and drinks as is allowed under phase one of reopening Florida. During the fourth time she called, officers were already at the business and on the fifth time, officers were speaking to her, records show.

The owner of the bar said Adams was inside trying to kiss random customers and after multiple people complained, he asked her to leave but she initially argued and refused until she eventually made her way out the front door, according to the affidavit.

Police said that Adams left the bar but refused to leave the parking lot even after she was told about the trespassing warning, telling officers, “I’ll sit in the parking lot all night.”

Police said Adams repeatedly tried to pull away as she was being escorted to the patrol vehicle.

She was arrested on charges of trespassing after warning, disorderly conduct, resisting an officer without violence and misuse of a 911 system.

Florida treasure hunter says he was tricked by con man claiming to be a war hero scientist

At a bar near Melbourne Beach, the underwater treasure hunter met the Army Ranger who was also a cryptocurrency millionaire and adjunct professor at one of America’s most prestigious universities.

The conversation turned to the 300-year-old Spanish galleon wrecked on the ocean floor just off the coast, and more importantly, the motherlode of gold and silver that went down with it. It was right there, the treasure hunter said, just waiting to be salvaged.

The decorated veteran and professor, it turned out, was also a systems engineer and coder. He’d developed satellite communications and avionics for military contractors at renowned laboratories. Some of that work was classified, he said, but maybe he could use his expertise to help create a technology to scan the ocean for the elusive gold?

In October 2018, Tampa-based treasure-hunting company Seafarer Exploration announced it had hired “Dr. Michael Torres," a brilliant “wounded war veteran receiving a Purple Heart with Oak Cluster” to do just that – help them find treasure with tech.

In January 2019, Torres made the front page of Florida Today and appeared on FOX 35 Orlando wearing an Indiana Jones-esque hat and announcing he’d discovered an ancient Peruvian burial mask on Melbourne Beach.

It was all fake, Kyle Kennedy, CEO of Seafarer Exploration told the Tampa Bay Times. “This guy can spout this stuff off like no tomorrow," he said. “Absolutely none of it was true, but unless you’re an engineer, you’d never know that."

Last week, Seafarer filed a lawsuit in Hillsborough County demanding Torres pay back $96,583 in wages plus $6,986 charged to a company expense account. They also want him to return his 61 million shares of Seafarer stock.

The lawsuit accuses Torres, 37, of presenting a fraudulent resume that included two tours of duty in Afghanistan, a long list of medals and multiple degrees including a bachelor’s in electrical engineering from the Citadel and a doctorate in aeronautical engineering from Duke University.

The lawsuit claims Torres flunked out of the Citadel with a 1.3 GPA, and Duke does not even offer a degree in aeronautical engineering. It also claims Torres lied about being an adjunct professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

• Haha 1

Nude man allegedly spent ‘entire day’ destroying Florida school

A naked man broke into a locked Florida high school apparently to trash the building, causing $100,000 worth of damage during a 22-hour vandalism spree, police said.

The mayhem began inside Miramar High School just before 8 a.m. on Memorial Day, when the man busted in, and he spent “an entire day” wreaking havoc, police said.

“Identify him and you will be eligible for a reward of up to $3,000,” police tweeted Tuesday.

Surveillance footage from inside the public school, which is closed due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, showed the man still at the building at 6 a.m. Tuesday, police told the Miami Herald.

The suspect, who appears to be wearing headphones in a photo released by police, broke computers inside the school, put graffiti on walls and flooded sections of the building, police said.