Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical: Salary of RG3 going forward.

TimmySmith

If I am not mistaken he is already locked up for year 2016. What happens after that remains to be seen.

By the way, why is this even a topic right now?

He won't be on the roster at his projected $16 million salary

Which means in order for him to stay on board he will need to sign a new contract, which I just don't see the Redskins offering

So it is an interesting question, how much another team will pay him. I really could see him with a sizable contract simply because the talent pool at QB is so unbelievably atrocious. Someone will throw some money at him

I think that's actually a fair assessment and about what I would have guessed. I think he goes to the Texans or the Browns. Personally I would love it if he went to the Rams and lit it up, just for the sake of rubbing our noses in it.

??...Our noses don't need to be rubbed into anything.

I do hope he goes on to be successful wherever he ends up, though, for his own sake.

To answer your second thought - I doubt the Eagles will want to go from one injury prone QB to another one.

This is Crazy Chip you're talking about, though lol :lol: ...

2 year, $10 mil "prove it" deal...

He'll most likely stay on the east coast or go to a team in Texas, I'm thinking. He won't want to uproot his family unless a team is totally committed and he won't want to stay away from his newborn child for long stretches.

I think the Texans would be a good fit.  They'd probably give him a 3 year, prove it type deal with escape clauses for both parties. 

Dallas should just sign him to a cheap deal. They seem to need a backup, who could take over when Romo gets hurt or retires. They need a running back too and if we don't sign Morris, then they might as well take both RG3 and Morris.

Why is that more "fair"?

good point...and who am I to know what fair is?...but RG3 has made $30-50 million(?) off of the 2012 run and Alfred has made...? Dunno... But, as you do know,  Alfred was almost as instrumental in our success in 2012 as RG3 and has been a more consistent contributor over the last two years...just thought if anyone deserves a payday and the right fit..pound for pound its Alfred..to me...

Dallas should just sign him to a cheap deal. They seem to need a backup, who could take over when romoSUCKS gets hurt or retires. They need a running back too and if we don't sign Morris, then they might as well take both RG3 and Morris.

YOU ARE NOT A FAN!

BOT ALERT! 

SIRENS SIRENS!!!

gawd that would be a nightmare...

See, I am rational at some point...that man would've been everything, except for some ****ty dirt on the field he slipped on, said he was ok with, no one said "Hold up, let's look at it", let him go back out, get hurt, declare himself ready & "all in for week one"....

I could go on.  This entire organization let him down.

DON'T MAKE ME CRY THIS EARLY IN THE DAY.  SOAPS AREN'T ON TIL LATER...

Archived