Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

Oh joy. We're at this point in history.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/a-mexican-business-executive-went-to-visit-her-parents-in-md-border-agents-confiscated-her-visa/2018/08/14/321c4136-9cc7-11e8-843b-36e177f3081c_story.html

A Mexican businesswoman went to visit her parents in Maryland. Border agents confiscated her visa.

Michelle Nicoll Gutierrez has traveled frequently from her home in Mexico to visit her aging mother and stepfather in Maryland, never overstaying her tourist visa and always returning home to her husband and their travel agency and rental-property business.

But U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents denied her entry earlier this month at George Bush Intercontinental Airport, revoking her visa and barring her from the United States for five years.

In a statement, agents said they determined Nicoll Gutierrez, who was traveling with her U.S.-born toddler, was an “intending immigrant” — a term used to describe visitors likely to overstay their visas and try to remain in the United States illegally. They also cited her use of legally available government health benefits in 2016, when she visited Maryland while pregnant and experienced complications, as one reason for her exclusion.

• Sad 1

I'm sure there is a appeals process for that.

On using health benefits ect, aren't people on visas required to sign something saying they will use no govt benefits or are self sufficient?(excluding refuges ect)

or am I wrong?

I'll wait for the facts to fully come out. Their legal rep said he couldn't find any warrant in Mexico. I don't have any trust in ICE whatsoever. If there is a warrant they should produce it and deport dude.

Amayo disputes that Arrona-Lara is wanted in Mexico. He said he searched for warrants in that country and nothing came up.

"Using the name and date of birth, we couldn't find anything saying he was in any criminal proceedings," Amayo said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/ice-arrests-murder-suspect-he-takes-pregnant-wife-hospital-n901926

Edited by Cooked Crack

5 minutes ago, twa said:

so do you trust ICE now? 

Scroll up four posts.

Edit: So this happened Wednesday and it took them till Saturday to say he had a warrant for homicide. They've made statements prior and did not mention an outstanding warrant.

Edited by Cooked Crack

35 minutes ago, EBoz said:

you also didnt mention this

Tibbetts murder is horrible. Leave politics out of it.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

10 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

you also didnt mention this

Tibbetts murder is horrible. Leave politics out of it.

Who cares who he worked for? The fact is he shouldn’t even be here. Also if you are going to post  tweets please ensure they are from a reputable source. The UK’s version of the National Enquirer is NOT a reputable source. 

As as for your second point all I can do is laugh. You are the first one to post any negative, racially biased stuff you can find.