Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

21 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

So, a lot of people who are seeking employment with the Federal government are lying.  Hire 'em...they'll fit in bigly.

Wanna bet which questions they are having a hard time with?

Also, what the **** is wrong with Sessions. He's quickly climbing the ladder of Trump administration POS's.

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Also, what the **** is wrong with Sessions. He's quickly climbing the ladder of Trump administration POS's.

Sometimes the obvious answer is the right one.  Sessions is a massive racist.

He just subscribes to the "honey, not vinegar" theory.  You get a lot more done by politely institutionalizing things than by yelling angrily about it and probably dropping an N-bomb or two along the way.

Ms. King warned us.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

So, a lot of people who are seeking employment with the Federal government are lying.  Hire 'em...they'll fit in bigly.

Polygraphs are b.s. I've failed one despite being completely honest. My roommate in college failed one, or at least they told him the results were inconclusive.

The biggest traitor in U.S. history, Aldrich Ames, repeatedly passed his CIA polygraphs, and consequently kept getting promoted despite evidence he was living way above his means. Serial killer Mark Hoffman volunteered to take a polygraph to clear his name and passed with flying colors...later it was learned that he had practiced lying hooked up to a biofeedback machine.

I can tell you from personal experience, the way lie detector tests are portrayed on TV and in movies is nothing like real life.

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Polygraphs are b.s. I've failed one despite being completely honest. My roommate in college failed one, or at least they told him the results were inconclusive.

The biggest traitor in U.S. history, Aldrich Ames, repeatedly passed his CIA polygraphs, and consequently kept getting promoted despite evidence he was living way above his means. Serial killer Mark Hoffman volunteered to take a polygraph to clear his name and passed with flying colors...later it was learned that he had practiced lying hooked up to a biofeedback machine.

I can tell you from personal experience, the way lie detector tests are portrayed on TV and in movies is nothing like real life.

They are more pseudoscience than science for sure. They are intended to tell if someone is nervous about an answer - not necessarily if they are lying - and that is just as easy to fake as anything. 

Long long time ago I had a friend of mine who told me that he needed to lie about smoking pot more than a few times (WAY more than a few lol) and he practiced by literally telling himself 100 times a day that he never smoked ever. It worked. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Remember a long-ago 60 Minute piece on polygraphs. 

They took the NYC Yellow Pages section for Private Investigators. Prepared a lost of every one that said they do polygraph. Got a rather long list. They picked one at random, and called him. 

Told him him that the CBS News NYC office was missing a minicam. (No minicam was actually missing). The camera was stored in a closet where everybody in the bullpen had access to it, but would have been difficult for a non-employee to access. Said they wanted to polygraph the employees who worked that day, to ask if they had stolen it. 

All of the employees denied it. And the PI's report showed no deception from any of them. 

Then they called another PI from the list and did the same thing. Except this time, when the executive hired the PI, they mentioned that they actually figured that it was Paul (selected at random) who took it, they just weren't sure. 

This PIs report comes back, and says that Paul's polygraph showed signs of deception. 

They went through every every single PI in the NYC yellow pages (who did polygraph). And every single one reported deception by the employee who the supervisor randomly selected to accuse. 

Now, there's reasons why this isn't a completely scientifically significant study. For one thing, there was actually no crime committed. And all of the employees knew it was a fake. 

But, still. I sure think it said something

• Like 2

So Trump sees the necessity of bringing in unskilled labor for his son's vineyards, or for his resort where he charges exorbitant fees for presidential access, but wants to cut off immigration of highly skilled labor that creates more jobs....guess he's afraid they might find even more cheaper and cleaner alternatives to coal.

**** this guy!

• Like 1

Kelly’s remarks at the event, which included a question-and-answer period, laid out a bleak worldview similar to what President Donald Trump has articulated. The country is continuously “under attack” by drug smugglers, terrorists and other criminals who hate America and try to cross its borders, Kelly said, arguing that law enforcement officials do not always get the respect they deserve for protecting Americans.

But, he asserted, that is changing.

Again addressing his department’s critics, Kelly also flatly denied that agents engage in any kind of racial profiling at airports, despite reports to the contrary. 

“When you hear a report of a family, an individual, whatever, at an airport being put into secondary screening or being refused entry into the United States, believe me, it’s not because of their skin color, it’s not because of the part of the world they come from, it’s not because of their religion,” Kelly said. “It may have been something they said, their story didn’t work out, it may have been something on their cell phone that brought the attention. But there is always, always, always more to the story.”

Here's an idea...maybe it's a stupid one, I don't know, but....

People are claiming that H1-B visas drive down wages because foreigners will work for less at high tech jobs, Tech companies claim they are needed because there aren't enough Americans to fill the needed positions, and one in four Silicon Valley startups are created by immigrants thus creating more jobs and wealth for Americans...and we have an imminent crisis of entitlement spending deficits....

Why not add a tax surcharge that doubles the payroll tax for resident aliens. This increases the cost of their labor and puts more money into Social security and Medicare. If their expertise is genuinely indispensable, employers will pay up; if not, they will hire Americans.