Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

COD: Black Ops III

Dont Taze Me Bro

Man...after all that crying and whining like a weak ass ****, I'm finally getting the hang of it lol.

Strung a few positive k/d games together, as I remembered how COD plays., once you take B, you csnt just go sprinting towards the bad guys. You have to either hang back and defend, or play the outside lanes and camp. In Dom, if you've earned B, you've earned the right to sit back and chill. it's up to the other team to come fight for it. I'm averaging games of 15-15 and 17-13 k/d with 8-11 captures.

I still have a hard time dealing with true campers tho. We barely beat a team last night 200-196, and this kid on the other side went 27-1 with zero captures. If he had been capping a flag or two instead of worried about hitting his high killstreaks (we shot them all down, btw ;) ), maybe they would have won. ****ing campers

Ya my bad, I was in a full 6 already :(

I forget that you (springy) are you (psn name). youre in the top tier of PS4 Redskin homies, not one of those random ES dudes that ive never played with before lol. I'll remember now. We'll be on tonight

^^  LoL thx Chew...  I guess...   ;)

come on, man.  I didn't mean it like that lol.  You're making me feel bad.

i mean, going all the way back to the MW2 threads on ES, when I listed my PSN name, i'd get random friend adds from ES dudes who never even post in the Tailgate.  Had no idea who they were.  At least you're one of the bros.   :)   Star Wars drops in 8 days.  You'll get to know my wife and I very well then :)

Warning:  I curse.  a lot.  

In Dom, if you've earned B, you've earned the right to sit back and chill. it's up to the other team to come fight for it. I'm averaging games of 15-15 and 17-13 k/d with 8-11 captures.

True to a certain degree Chewster. Ain't no chilling should be had tho. B is the goal, and if you're in a really tough match you should roll

off to the side, protect it, take all the time you need to wipe the team out trying to take B back. You can get like 10 kills in a very short time span if you hold your ground. Then once you get a leg up, you can charge down a flank and cut them off before they expect you. Suddenly you have 15 kills in a row, 7 of them Defends for an extra +25 on each kill, plus you capped B earlier...**** man, not only do you have the top streak flying around now - you're about three kills away from your second orbital VSAT. At that point just roll back to the side of B and patiently protect it again. Use good cover and aim at where they're coming from.

If you're playing an inferior team, you can flank more and more. Just get really fast at reading spawn flips and you can keep going back and forth with that method.

True to a certain degree Chewster. Ain't no chilling should be had tho. B is the goal, and if you're in a really tough match you should roll

off to the side, protect it, take all the time you need to wipe the team out trying to take B back. You can get like 10 kills in a very short time span if you hold your ground. Then once you get a leg up, you can charge down a flank and cut them off before they expect you. Suddenly you have 15 kills in a row, 7 of them Defends for an extra +25 on each kill, plus you capped B earlier...**** man, not only do you have the top streak flying around now - you're about three kills away from your second orbital VSAT. At that point just roll back to the side of B and patiently protect it again. Use good cover and aim at where they're coming from.

If you're playing an inferior team, you can flank more and more. Just get really fast at reading spawn flips and you can keep going back and forth with that method.

damn, man.  Didn't know church was in session.   B)

when stroker talks COD strategy, I listen.  he's a god amongst men.  that's probably one of my biggest issues, is anticipating the spawn flips.  We'll have A&B, and I hear "capturing C" and i'm like "wtf, guys?!"  then i start to see teammates on the minimap (i'm a core guy, forgive me) disappear, and i'll try to watch more than one entry point to B, and get shot in the back 50 points away from my streaks.  rage ensues.  

btw, lightning strike was my absolute favorite killstreak in Blops 2, but it's weak as **** in blops 3.  awful.

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about, this clip has a bunch of situations you see in a very competitive match. I made these videos with teaching in mind. Not an extremely serious loadout, as I was going for the gold crossbow and RPG during this one as well.

1) At the beginning, notice how after we cap B, I dash straight to the particularly awesome cover forward and to the left of B, to catch them coming out of their spawn.

2) After that, you'll notice they have gotten B back, and we are having a real tough time even getting up to it. So what I do is cut through their defense, and not try to capture B all slowly by myself. Instead, I opt to post up on their side of the map, behind enemy lines. Eventually, it lightens the load on my teammates who have been timidly waiting for the storm to settle. The other team is so paranoid of me now, that they start creeping around instead of flying up to B.

C) So my teammates cap B and we're making a comeback, but the fight is still back and forth right at the plane of B. I decide it's time to dive hard in that ass. I've given them different looks all game long. Going hard for B, hovering ahead of it and aiming downrange, doing grunt work trying to push them back, sneaking through and posting up in their window, now I completely flank in to their spawn. When I deemed the move successful, it was time to triple cap. It's all about timing, taking them off guard, knowing my team was on the other side of the map - preventing OR protecting a potential spawn-flip. Plus, the triple cap scores you +200 towards your streaks. I ended up with a meaty spawn trap, and my silly ass broke out the RPG, because game was won at that point.

What I love about domination is the war of positioning. It reminds me a little bit of the field position battle in football. Here's a clip showing how you can just run roughshod over a crappy team if you are seasoned. Pretty sure this was a 100 kill game, with the L strike as my only lethal streak.

Jesus HAROLD Christ, stroker.  You're a bad mother ****er.  Love your streak setup, btw.  that's what i run.  UAV, hell, strike.  

man, you just made me realize how much I miss black ops 2 lol.  as decent of a game as blops 3 is, it doesn't "feel" like blops 2 at all.  I feel like I'm on an island in blops 3.  never felt like i've had to watch my back as much as I do now in this new game.

Jesus HAROLD Christ, stroker. You're a bad mother ****er. Love your streak setup, btw. that's what i run. UAV, hell, strike.

man, you just made me realize how much I miss black ops 2 lol. as decent of a game as blops 3 is, it doesn't "feel" like blops 2 at all. I feel like I'm on an island in blops 3. never felt like i've had to watch my back as much as I do now in this new game.

That sucks man, I felt that way in MW2. To each his own though, I know you love MW2. I felt like Al Pacino getting killed at the end of Scarface all the time in that game. Don't know why, but it felt like someone was aiming at my back the whole time. Turrible feeling. So for the most part, I aimed down open range with the RPD in that game. Totally not my playing style, but it worked.

That ****ing boat man. You could spawn trap the **** out of dudes. Wasn't even fair.

Man, me and killerbee used to run **** in ops2. Hardcore kill confirmed straight wrecking dudes. My kill streak setup was stealth chopper, agr, vsat. Once I hit the chopper, it was nearly over. The chopper and the agr went hand in hand, and then he vsat was so close. Hit the vsat and its cake to get back up to the chopper/agr again. There would be matches that I would hit that combo 3 times.

Man oh man.

Yeah Springy, that was definitely a good setup. Unless dudes were chucking EMP grenades and had rocket launchers. If they didn't, good lord that combo would rack kills up by the second. The streaks in BO2 were money. I was always switching them around. The Warthog? Loudest streak of all time. Would rumble the map on every pass. Stealth chopper was so good that it'd get ya more kills than the damn 'hog most of the time. The Swarm and dogs were super rewarding, unlike the top streaks in MW3, which were garbage. The damn Reaper > Osprey & Juggernaut.

Yeah, the Vsat was clearly the best streak in the game, IMO. Whereas the chopper gunner in BO1 rivaled the Blackbird in effectiveness. I wouldn't mind if the Vsat/Blackbird went the way of the Dojo in upcoming titles, COD was fine before it. It's hard not to admit that it's friggin delicious when your team has one up, though.

The counter to it was the EMP streak, which was so under-utilized. It would not only knock out the mini map, but also every streak the other team had out. To a lesser degree, the counter spy plane and EMP grenades could hinder the Vsat.

Is there a streak like the Vsat in BO3?

yep, VSAT is alive and well in blops 3.  saw it for the first time last night.  Agreed I could live without it, though.  not that I've ever hit it very often lol.

i used to be strictly uav/counter/care package, but my uav/counters get shot down so often, they're a waste.

btw, i've noticed that, until everyone gets ghost (level 50-something I believe), the uav spam is real.

Oh ****, that reminds me of how everyone hated BO2 when it came out because Ghost was one of the last things you'd unlock. Ghost was what I permanently unlocked after the first prestige. I hear that shooting down **** in BO3 is easy as it's ever been. And the black hat turns enemy UAVs & Counter UAVs in to your own super quickly? People be stealing your streaks? Ghhheeeyyyyeeee! Gotta shoot your own streaks down and ****? That's just ridiculous, lol.

That ****ing boat man. You could spawn trap the **** out of dudes. Wasn't even fair.

Man, me and killerbee used to run **** in ops2. Hardcore kill confirmed straight wrecking dudes. My kill streak setup was stealth chopper, agr, vsat. Once I hit the chopper, it was nearly over. The chopper and the agr went hand in hand, and then he vsat was so close. Hit the vsat and its cake to get back up to the chopper/agr again. There would be matches that I would hit that combo 3 times.

Man oh man.

Hey I am still on, will be on around 1100pm EST tonite, lets party up,

Best weapons so far SMGs in hardcore

Get the VMP + grip+quickdraw + extended barrel .......money in the bank...Will get nerfed soon anyways

Everyone loves the Kuda, but I actually prefer the Pharo, one bad ass burst SMG....reminds me of the type 95.

Then KN444, the Kuda then XR-2 with rapid fire (see no difference though) and finally the Shieva with rapid fire.

Getting close to unlocking dead silence which is a must since everyone is currently sound whoring ....

Played one multiplayer match of S@D, Hardcore.  Went 7/10 K/D.  

My thoughts:

1.  Way slow compared to past CoD/BO games, feels sluggish

2.  Graphics and gameplay feel like this game was released back in 2000, BO2 and CoD:AW destroy this version imo

3.  I do not like the animation of my gun bouncing up and down as I run, it's annoying.

4.  Has a Beta feel to it, even though I didn't play Beta.

5.  I'm sure it will grow on me, cause it's different and I don't want to judge the game off of one play.

Lots of work needs to be done.  I'm sure it will be more fun running with y'all tomorrow and in the future than it was my first match, but I expected more to be honest.

I agree with this very sluggish feeling

Two bad your ****ing ankles won't hold up under the weight :(

Ha! Doc threw you an alley-oop with that one. Taze slammed it home

Wife and I just got some good run in. I don't ever see myself playing hardcore unless it's with you guys, until they get hardcore dom.

Archived