Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your friendly Friday night youtube music thread Vol. II (with respect to vol. I's OP--rincewind)

Jumbo

12 hours ago, China said:

Interesting that Tom Petty isn't in your top Florida Bands.

A fair question, but Tom Petty moved to Los Angeles 3 years before the Heartbreakers ever released material and never moved back.  

Jim Morrison graduated high school in Alexandria.  Are The Doors a Virginia band?

• Like 2

one of the best concerts i ever saw, believe it or not, was in ashland ore back when petty/heartbreakers played a gig with the cars---just the two bands with thomas dolby opening (he was ok, kinda fun)

cars and petty had each just released their 2nd and 3rd albums (or something like that) and had a handful of radio hits already, but  the show each put on had way more versatility and musicianship than i was expecting (esp ocasek & crew) and they not only rocked the place but really dazzled at times with very proficient solos and more complex arrangements than i expected

ashland ore at that time was a special place for the arts (i assume it still is) and there were always great concerts with top performers there though it's a small venue (nationally famous shakesperean festival---one of the best)..if you ever the the chance, go there, i'm sure it's still awesome :) 

• Like 1

Pokey LaFarge is a wonderful throwback. 
This is cued up to "Pack it Up", but the whole 11 minute set isterrific.

Mix surf with sax and throw in a handful of The Damned and you'll be getting close to The Buttertones. Very cool sound.

and one just for fun

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3